+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/28 Results Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/28 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by KofferMum;3889169;
    Siobhan's time had come. People tired of her whining after every performance. And screaming during each one.
    Between screams, she wasn't that memorable.
    Her 'career' won't be either.

There just isn't anyone this season to get excited about. I wish there was.
    you're right.

all this gnashing of teeth over siobhan is a bit much. she wasn't such an original voice, and i don't see HER selling a ton of cds, either.

for all her independence and independent spirit, she let the judges get to her -- completely. the girl can't say "i love being me and hat i want to be" and then get pissed or sad when others DON'T like what she is or how she sounds.

last night's performance was completely connect-the-dots: look at the camera....enunciate....move around....get energetic....shriek....the end.

she let the process get to her, and she's not ready for the big time, regardless of who's left.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3889172;
    I can get behind that - amazing vocal talent and engaging quirky personality.

But Siobhan articulated her main issue herself several weeks ago: she doesn't know who she is as an artist. Consequently we were left guessing as hopped from style to style. I think that eventually a lot of the folks that were initially fascinated by her gave up and moved on to other contestants.
    Personally that sounds like hogwash to me. She's a singer with a great voice and all she cared about was singing not all this trying to find out who she is as an artist garbage. If that wasn't enough for people, then so be it.
    Last edited by Tigerusty; 04-28-2010 at 10:20 PM.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3889172;
    I can get behind that - amazing vocal talent and engaging quirky personality.

But Siobhan articulated her main issue herself several weeks ago: she doesn't know who she is as an artist. Consequently we were left guessing as she hopped from style to style. I think that eventually a lot of the folks that were initially fascinated by her gave up and moved on to other contestants.
    I have to agree with both of the above. She was never my favorite, but I really liked her early on. After a while she was just a one trick pony, as someone else just posted earlier, and she started to annoy me. I'm glad Casey was safe. I didn't want to see him leave tonight.

Between Siobhan and Casey, I think Casey deserved to stay more based on last night alone. My favorite performance of his, ever.

That said, Siobhan should've outlasted Mike (and possibly Aaron, I waver on him). She has more pure talent in her pinky than Mike has in his whole body. I liked her more in the beginning, but came to be mostly indifferent about her lately thanks to the screeching note at the end of most songs. Liked her a lot better than Mike though. But hey! AI wants the guy to stick around more and make my ears bleed, because for some kooky reason they think he'll make them money. And so it goes. Further proves they wasted the save, IMO.

FORT Fogey

just how was the save "wasted"????

i don't like mike either, but that doesn't mean the save was "wasted." it would've been wasted if mike was booted off the week after he was saved.

I am shocked. Really shocked. I didn't think Siobhan would win, but I also wasn't expecting her to leave so soon! I loved her voice, it was so interesting and so haunting on some songs. Amazing. And I liked her quirky personality, too. I think she has an amazing career ahead of her, though. I mean, look at Jennifer Hudson. I don't think anyone would have predicted the trajectory of her career. And Siobhan will surprise us all.

And now the rant C'mon guys - Michael is still here? Lee? Aaron? Puhleeze. It's like watching Blake and Jordin all over again. Just throw in the soul patrol guy and we can call it a day. I'm so bored now, but at least I can reclaim my llife. I just care about Crystal winning at this point. The rest can go home.

OK, I feel better. ..... ....... No, not really, but I had to get that out.

FORT Newbie

I may be OTL on this idea, but I think she'd make a great addition next fall to the cast of Ryan Murphy's hit show. Quirky newcomer, surprises everyone with her voice, etc.

The only thing that works is C#, and it's flat!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3889187;
    I am shocked. Really shocked. I didn't think Siobhan would win, but I also wasn't expecting her to leave so soon! I loved her voice, it was so interesting and so haunting on some songs. Amazing. And I liked her quirky personality, too. I think she has an amazing career ahead of her, though. I mean, look at Jennifer Hudson. I don't think anyone would have predicted the trajectory of her career. And Siobhan will surprise us all.

And now the rant C'mon guys - Michael is still here? Lee? Aaron? Puhleeze. It's like watching Blake and Jordin all over again. Just throw in the soul patrol guy and we can call it a day. I'm so bored now, but at least I can reclaim my llife. I just care about Crystal winning at this point. The rest can go home.

OK, I feel better. ..... ....... No, not really, but I had to get that out.
    to the bolded above!

I'm surprised that Siobhan is leaving because I thought she had a strong fan base (she was one of my favorites up until a few weeks ago), but I think it was her time to go after last night's performance. I think she is extremely talented, but she needs some professional vocal training because her voice is so big that she doesn't even know what all she can do with it yet, and I think it's more than what we've seen. She has potential to make it big somewhere else.
    Last edited by I'm MEL; 04-28-2010 at 10:51 PM.

They all have to go, accept for Lee and Chrystal, to get to my dream final two... so tonight was good for me. I still like Casey and Big Mike, and after last night - Aaron surpised me. Bottom line for me though, they all need to go one week or the other.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3889192;
    to the bolded above!
    I was actually one of those dorky voters who liked that Soul Patrol guy!

+ Reply to Thread