+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 15 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/28 Results Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/28 Results Show *Spoilers*

Well, that is shocking. She got the pimp spot and she has never been in the bottom before. Well, being a woman doesn't seem to be helpful on this show. Perhaps not singing well does matter after all.
    I don't think the judges would've used the save on her. They obviously have stopped believing in her.

FORT Fogey

let's face it -- siobhan had a few bad weeks in a row, and last night was a mess.

nice kid, but she let the judges' comments mess her up.

Quote Originally Posted by xmaskat;3889153;
    Just think if they hadn't wasted the save on Big Mike a few weeks ago...
    I don't consider it a waste. Mike is still around and he can sing. Siobhan turned into Screamy Mcsqreechy!
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Siobhan is not my favorite, but I'm shocked she went before Mike. He's just blah. At least she brought some funky fun to the show.
    Count your blessings!

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3889154;
    The wacky and weird is gone.

Siobhan's problem was that in many ways she was just a one trick pony. It was actually briefly an overwhelmingly impressive trick, but honestly? It soon became clear it was ALL she can do.
    Excuse me but I have never ever disagreed more with a post. She is the most versatile person that they have had on Idol in years.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Wow the only original sounding singer is gone, I guess all the bashing from the judges finally took. Now we have left an r&b singer (who buys that kind of music today), 3 blues type singers (Lee & Casey sound the same & Crystal sounds the same every week). That leaves Aaron who does have a good voice but doesn't have much stage presence. Looks like the winner 2 years in a row won't be selling many cds.

Siobhan's time had come. People tired of her whining after every performance. And screaming during each one.
    Between screams, she wasn't that memorable.
    Her 'career' won't be either.

There just isn't anyone this season to get excited about. I wish there was.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3889156;
    The most talented singer in the group next to Crystal is voted out in sixth place....
    I can get behind that - amazing vocal talent and engaging quirky personality.

But Siobhan articulated her main issue herself several weeks ago: she doesn't know who she is as an artist. Consequently we were left guessing as she hopped from style to style. I think that eventually a lot of the folks that were initially fascinated by her gave up and moved on to other contestants.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 04-28-2010 at 10:12 PM.

I'm sad to see Siobhan go, not because I think she's done a good job lately but because she showed so much promise in the beginning. For several weeks now, it's felt like she was trying too hard, over performing, trying to seduce me through the camera and force/beg me to vote for her. Instead of singing sincerely, she was singing while "acting" sincere, and it didn't work for me.

She's very talented, and I wish her well, but she definitely lost her way as well as her authenticity on the show. It seemed like the judges wore her down, and she didn't have enough sense of who she was as an artist to continue to bring the type of performances that made us love her to begin with.

ETA:

Krom, I agree that she began to act like a "one-trick pony," because she seemed to think that the "power note" was the main thing that differentiated her, but she actually has a whole bag of tricks that she can bring to the table. She's very talented and has a lot to offer, she just didn't seem to know how to consistently put her talents together in an interesting way.
    Last edited by Miss_Griss; 04-28-2010 at 10:18 PM.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

I certainly hope the judges are proud of the save they wasted on big Mike. I lost a whole lot of interest in the season now.

Good luck Siobhan, hope to see you on the charts or on the great white way sometime in the future.

+ Reply to Thread