+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 15 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415 LastLast

Thread: 4/28 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 4/28 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3889250;
    She changed it back to a burnette color some time last week. The blonde was an experiment she said.
    Good for her, it suits her better. And, contrary to popular belief... we brunettes have more fun.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3889192;
    to the bolded above!

I'm surprised that Siobhan is leaving because I thought she had a strong fan base (she was one of my favorites up until a few weeks ago), but I think it was her time to go after last night's performance. I think she is extremely talented, but she needs some professional vocal training because her voice is so big that she doesn't even know what all she can do with it yet, and I think it's more than what we've seen. She has potential to make it big somewhere else.
    That's just it. She's un (or maybe "badly") trained.

I know there's a lot of knee-jerk defensiveness on her behalf. I can understand it, because I myself felt initially that she was one of the best voices the show has ever had.

But as the weeks went on, it became apparent that Siobhan has a voice. She even has an incredible personality. Stage presence. But her CONTROL over all of this is shaky to non-existent.

"Self taught" don't cut it. She can hit those freakish notes via a sheer genetic bullseye. But she's got no idea how to develop the REST of her instrument.

Clive Davis and his stooges need to hold onto her option, rather than doing the usual thing of letting the #6 person out go, and get her into a vocal bootcamp. She needs 6 months of SOLID training, day in, day out. THEN lets see what she can do.

People shouldn't get so angry over this. She DOES indeed have massive potential. But she's a one trick pony until she gets serious help. That's FAR more than 90% of the people on this show can hope for. Aaron Kelly is never going to be all that much better than he is now. Casey James may be able to slide into a certain niche and do reasonably well, but he's never going to be a superstar. Siobhan, on the other hand, with SERIOUS training COULD do those things her biggest boosters believe. She just needs the work. She's not prepared to sit down and put out viable music right now, unlike Crystal, or I hate to say it... even Mike (he's cheesy and needs guidance too, but on a pure vocal level he's more than ready).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Wow! Didn't expect Siobhan to get the boot especially since she sang last. It was Lily Scott all over again. I had her 1st safe in the bottom 3 however. Also, surprised Casey losing votes to Mike and Lee considering that Mike was eliminated before and Lee sang first. Casey also did better last night than the other two. This is the 2nd time in a row that Casey almost got eliminated. I guess he's losing support from his avid fans. It didn't help that he was in the bottom 2 last week.

LOL on Mike being cheesy. I totally agree. There is some je ne sais quois about him that makes him cheesy. Like past season contestants Gideon McKinney, Anthony Federov, Matthew Rogers and the cheeziest of them all...Chikezie Easy! His name said it all. He's cheezier than Chucky Cheese!

And Crystal is the only girl left standing. I said a couple of weeks ago, it will be her and Lee in the finale... I stand by that.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3889259;

I know there's a lot of knee-jerk defensiveness on her behalf. I can understand it, because I myself felt initially that she was one of the best voices the show has ever had.

But as the weeks went on, it became apparent that Siobhan has a voice. She even has an incredible personality. Stage presence. But her CONTROL over all of this is shaky to non-existent.

"Self taught" don't cut it. She can hit those freakish notes via a sheer genetic bullseye. But she's got no idea how to develop the REST of her instrument.

Clive Davis and his stooges need to hold onto her option, rather than doing the usual thing of letting the #6 person out go, and get her into a vocal bootcamp. She needs 6 months of SOLID training, day in, day out. THEN lets see what she can do.

People shouldn't get so angry over this. She DOES indeed have massive potential. But she's a one trick pony until she gets serious help. That's FAR more than 90% of the people on this show can hope for. Aaron Kelly is never going to be all that much better than he is now. Casey James may be able to slide into a certain niche and do reasonably well, but he's never going to be a superstar. Siobhan, on the other hand, with SERIOUS training COULD do those things her biggest boosters believe. She just needs the work. She's not prepared to sit down and put out viable music right now, unlike Crystal, or I hate to say it... even Mike (he's cheesy and needs guidance too, but on a pure vocal level he's more than ready).
    I so agree with your posting.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

wonderfully put!!

Quote Originally Posted by Love_Me;3889226;
    I hated tonight's elimination. The fact that Mike is still there because of the judges save makes me even more sad about tonight's results.

I could live with Siobhon getting eliminated after Mike. As a fan of hers I knew she wasn't going to win, but the fact that Mike is still there I can't get past my annoyance.
    This cracks me up..I am more upset that Aaron is still there...obviously it is all a matter of taste...(or lack of)

Not winning American Idol is the best thing to happen to many of the contestants.
    agreed!...

I think that a "shocker" was due to happen...I for one wish she would have stayed above Aaron. In a season where Idol is doing a downward spiral (at full throttle) I think they needed someone like Siobahn to stay...she at least had "stage presence" and the anticipation of MAYBE doing something great...
    for me everytime Aaron gets on the stage I wince

It's not a knee-jerk reaction becuase those that are defending her still believe she's one of the best voices idol has ever had and I once again can't disagree anymore than I do with the rest of what you wrote. She has a beautifully trained instrument and if she's a one trick pony I'm Crystal Bowersox. I have now come to the belief that Barbra Streisand and Judy Garland would have been voted out early on this show with people posting the same things about them.
    "So, what is fame? It's lightening that strikes some people. It's lightening that some people seek." Jewel

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3889342;
    And Crystal is the only girl left standing. I said a couple of weeks ago, it will be her and Lee in the finale... I stand by that.
    I agree with this - I have thought for a while that Lee will win.

He reminds me a lot of David Cook and even Chris. I think as others leave, he will hold the mass appeal more than Crystal.

I don't think the judges did Crystal any favors this week. I HATE more than anything when they say "it was okay but I still love you" That ticks me off - anyone else and they would have slammed her. Give her constructive criticism!! I did like that Simon was honest with her but I am getting sick of how the judges treat her.

Quote Originally Posted by Tigerusty;3889412;
    It's not a knee-jerk reaction becuase those that are defending her still believe she's one of the best voices idol has ever had and I once again can't disagree anymore than I do with the rest of what you wrote. She has a beautifully trained instrument and if she's a one trick pony I'm Crystal Bowersox. I have now come to the belief that Barbra Streisand and Judy Garland would have been voted out early on this show with people posting the same things about them.
    She's a one-trick pony because she chooses to be. Not everybody enjoys having their music screamed at them. I agree she has a tremendous talent, but for me her best performance was House of the Rising Sun. After that it was all screaming. I totally agree with Crystal that bigger isn't always better. I'm sorry to see her get voted off before Mike and Casey though, I was hoping it would be Mike this week.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread