+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AI 10: News, Rumor, Ideas

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: AI 10: News, Rumor, Ideas

Wow - if Adam was Simon's replacement, that would be the nail in the coffin for me. I am not sure that he was a good mentor. He was honest, and that was great. But I'm not sure where to place the blame on what was probably the worst performance night this season. Were the song choices bad? Are the contestants just that bad, overall? Did Adam give good advice, but they didn't get it or didn't take it? Would a different mentor have been able to help the contestants more? I can't say for sure that Adam was not a good mentor, but the only compliment I could give him for what he did was that he called it as he saw it.

I'm halfway done with this show, this season has been the worst for me. Completely boring, completely predictable, and just a hot mess.

If Simon's new show has Paula like the rumors are indicating, then I'm going to switch to that one. Bringing Adam on this show when really he doesn't have any sort of "right" to be a judge much less a mentor (and even he admitted that in his package when he was a mentor) will just be another example of how far off the track AI has gone.

Yes, I realize that Ellen also has no "right" to be a judge and we all see how well that has turned on. I was willing to give the change a chance and even championed Ellen coming on because I thought she'd bring the "every man" voice and she hasn't. Everybody is great, everybody is awesome, she has nothing at all of significance to say and I'm over her as a judge on this show.

All Adam has done is come in second in a singing popularity contest and sold some records recently, sorry if that is not a popular opinion around here but I definitely think he should not be a judge and that the rumor of him being one just makes me cringe. I like him just fine as a person and would have been perfectly fine with him winning (although I do prefer the musical stylings of Kris) but I just do not think he has the credentials (yet) to qualify him as a judge.

Adam has already discounted this stupid judging rumor in an interview he gave. He was polite and gracious about it but clearly not interested.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

FORT Fogey

Nail on head - need someone brutally honest with the contestants, and if Paula ever comes back that's it for me. I watched less and less as her antics became more ludicrous. Kara needs to go! I don't mind Randy and Ellen for their roles.

How about they actually let all the talented singers through at auditions, NOT all the crazies? The judges would have a lot more to choose from and we wouldn't have weeks of worthless tv NOT to watch (I have started in at hollywood week for the past several years, esp. given that not all end finalists get pimped during auditions). They should do like SYTYCD, one or two audition nights, then bam right into the hollywood.

Voting too - needs to be limited like DWTS to remove the power vote block...not real interest, but those willing to give up their time.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by NFL1;3886442;
    How about they actually let all the talented singers through at auditions, NOT all the crazies? The judges would have a lot more to choose from and we wouldn't have weeks of worthless tv NOT to watch (I have started in at hollywood week for the past several years, esp. given that not all end finalists get pimped during auditions). They should do like SYTYCD, one or two audition nights, then bam right into the hollywood.

Voting too - needs to be limited like DWTS to remove the power vote block...not real interest, but those willing to give up their time.
    Another idea--just an idea--I haven't completely thought it through....once there's a top 10, how about a cumulative score with no one being eliminated for five weeks. During those five weeks, the major 'genres' are covered. That way, if it simply isn't your genre or you have a bad night, there's room for recovery. Also, it would consider the singer's entire body of work on the show and not take anything out of context.

I dunno just trying to breathe new life into the old horse sans suggesting different judges......

Quote Originally Posted by Huskie;3889692;
    Another idea--just an idea--I haven't completely thought it through....once there's a top 10, how about a cumulative score with no one being eliminated for five weeks. During those five weeks, the major 'genres' are covered. That way, if it simply isn't your genre or you have a bad night, there's room for recovery. Also, it would consider the singer's entire body of work on the show and not take anything out of context.

I dunno just trying to breathe new life into the old horse sans suggesting different judges......
    Now, that's a great idea! The judges are always talking about being current and relevant, so this way all relevant genres can be shown and we can see how each singer is able to adapt and develop over a period of time. I like this angle, as it doesn't penalize them for one bad performance or a difficult for them style. We might see some more versatility and better overall performances as they'll know what's coming in the next few weeks to arrange complementary song choices.

I had that same thought about 4 years ago.

FORT Fogey

...once there's a top 10, how about a cumulative score with no one being eliminated for five weeks. During those five weeks, the major 'genres' are covered. That way, if it simply isn't your genre or you have a bad night, there's room for recovery.
    That also has the side benefit of eliminating results shows (and group sings, off-key pop stars, and misc filler) for those first weeks.

FORT Fogey

If that wasn't Harry Connick Jr.'s audition to replace Simon... I think after last week, you can't say he's not the front runner. He's certainly capable! I don't know if there would be a place for him though. He seems like he could be too critical of how the other judges judge. "Pitchy" got on my nerves but I've embraced it now. We all know what it means. And then he is too funny. He is ten times funnier than Ellen. We don't need her on the show anymore if we have Harry.
    I think it would be a great idea to replace Simon with Harry. He's a total jerk and he's egotistical except it is refreshing. Harry Connick Jr. is what American Idol needs! I think they would still need to get rid of Ellen and Kara though. Maybe Kara can stay but Ellen still has no place on the panel.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3899172;
    If that wasn't Harry Connick Jr.'s audition to replace Simon... I think after last week, you can't say he's not the front runner. He's certainly capable! I don't know if there would be a place for him though. He seems like he could be too critical of how the other judges judge. "Pitchy" got on my nerves but I've embraced it now. We all know what it means. And then he is too funny. He is ten times funnier than Ellen. We don't need her on the show anymore if we have Harry.
    I think it would be a great idea to replace Simon with Harry. He's a total jerk and he's egotistical except it is refreshing. Harry Connick Jr. is what American Idol needs! I think they would still need to get rid of Ellen and Kara though. Maybe Kara can stay but Ellen still has no place on the panel.
    I'm keeping my fingers crossed.
    I would love to see HCjr as Simon's replacement. Is he really a jerk and egotistical? I thought it was an act - part of his sense of humor.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast