+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: AI 10: News, Rumor, Ideas

Re: AI 10: News, Rumor, Ideas

They should get these judges on X-Factor (which is a talent show right?):

Gordon Ramsay
    Anne Hathway (Weakest Link)
    Simon Cowell

All three ruthless, and make for great TV.

FORT Fogey

I think they need to keep Randy. He's all we have left of the good ol' days. Kara can go too! They gave Ellen a five-year contract and made a big deal about her being a judge so they won't get rid of her. Plus her show is helpful to them. I think they could do a lot if they replaced Kara and Simon. The panel could be good depending on the replacements. I don't want the replacement judge to have a career currently... I don't like it when the judges promote themselves too much (Kara).

FORT Fan

Cindy Lauper and Sean Hayes will be good picks for the judges panel.

FORT Fan

Idol needs judges whose musical knowledge isn't confined to pop/r&b, aren't obsessed w/ vocal acrobatics, do a better job selecting talent and judging it on live shows, and realize the show is about the contestants instead of the judges.

Quote Originally Posted by Doug123;3884785;
    Idol needs judges whose musical knowledge isn't confined to pop/r&b, aren't obsessed w/ vocal acrobatics, do a better job selecting talent and judging it on live shows, and realize the show is about the contestants instead of the judges.
    How about...

Bootsy Collins (James Brown, Praxis)
    Fergie (Black-Eyed Peas, Solo)
    Dave Mustaine (Megadeth)

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3884355;
    I suggested a couple of weeks ago that maybe they were grooming Adam Lambert for Simon's judge spot and that's why they had him mentor.

This morning on the CBS Early Show, this was a topic of discussion, with a caption at the bottom that said something like "Simon out, Adam in." Harry Smith commented that "Adam Lambert is 11 years old," and that they need someone with some history and experience to judge the show. I wholeheartedly agree with Harry. However, Adam may be able to give constructive criticism that the contestants can actually use rather than just trying to be rude, funny, or a smart alec. That much would be refreshing!
    Adam could come back to mentor as he was really great at that but as for judging... nah. That' a nice job but it's a desk job. I can see him guest judging perhaps for a week or two as a fun thing and maybe they could bring, say, JHud or Daughtry back for something like that too. They'd certainly be able to both properly hear and talk about good, or rather, bad vocals better than the likes of tone deaf Joe Jonas or Miley Cyrus.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3884412;
    They should get these judges on X-Factor (which is a talent show right?):

Gordon Ramsay
    Anne Hathway (Weakest Link)
    Simon Cowell

All three ruthless, and make for great TV.
    I will not be watching if they put Gordon Ramsay on the show.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Doug123;3884785;
    Yes! But what are the odds that Fox would think of something like that?
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Adam Lambert would be a great judge. He was very honest to the contestants when he was a mentor, he's not afraid to tell them what he thinks & did it in a way that was constructive & not mean. He also knows exactly what they are going thru being on Idol himself. Plus the guy is not boring, he's not like Simon, they won't find another Simon, so go in a different direction. It won't hurt his career as Idol on from Jan thru May, he still would have plenty of time to tour plus he would still make good $ being a judge & think of the $ Fox would save not hiring some overblown bigwig. I vote for Adam.

How about Susan Boyle?

Seriously, the thing is, they need a mix. Look at the makeup of the original judging panel that made the show a hit and head in that direction. Randy and Paula were always more or less the opening act for Simon. 3 judges is plenty. And Simon is the best one to name his successor.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast