+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 19 FirstFirst ... 910111213141516171819

Thread: 4/14 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/14 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3878429;
    Of course Adam can do whatever he wants with a song, but what he chose to do with it vocally Wednesday night bored me. It was just one long scream or shout. The laser-light visuals, on the other hand, were exciting.
    I wouldn't have described it that way, myself...I just thought I've heard him sound better. I'm tempted to blame the material...maybe I'm thinking that he's overcompensating for a song that's really just mediocre. I feel that the guy who did "Whole Lotta Love" on American Idol, and pulled it off, should be doing something way cooler and edgier. I think he's a great vocalist and a way-above-average performer, and I want his material to measure up.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Re: 4/14 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3878576;
    I wouldn't have described it that way, myself...I just thought I've heard him sound better. I'm tempted to blame the material...maybe I'm thinking that he's overcompensating for a song that's really just mediocre. I feel that the guy who did "Whole Lotta Love" on American Idol, and pulled it off, should be doing something way cooler and edgier. I think he's a great vocalist and a way-above-average performer, and I want his material to measure up.
    I agree, material matters. He did some masterful performances last year, but those tended to be his more nuanced efforts.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-16-2010 at 04:07 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread