+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 4/14 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/14 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Although she had trouble finding her notes while crying, I think that Katie actually sounded more compelling than she has all season in her farewell version of Let It Be. The emotion and connection that's been missing finally came out, and instead of overdoing the performance with extraneous horizontal head moves and camera mugs, she just sang it from the heart.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3877553;
    2 girls left.... there goes the year of the "girls".
    Those 2 girls just may be the last 2 people standing.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3877565;
    Those 2 girls just may be the last 2 people standing.
    I am pretty sure one will be.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3877611;
    I am pretty sure one will be.
    All I know is that if Tim is left standing in the F2 then AI has surely jumped the shark!..it will no longer be about finding an "American Idol" who can sing & entertain. It will have become merely a "face" for the general voting public (the tweens!) and nothing more than every other reality show in showing us who the "favorite" is, regardless of talent.

Quote Originally Posted by taracran;3877494;
    Not me! The more the Adam the better!
    Yes! He can put on one hell of a show, which is what's sorely lacking in this season. There's no excitement, no energy, no spark, IMO.

But I do love Crystal, and even Lee if he would stop looking like a frightened puppy on stage all the time. The rest of them I can do without.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Adam certainly is a great showman, but he beat that song to death last night with overdone vocals, a problem he had last year. Adam is capable of subtlety, I wish he would use it more often. I did like the comments he gave to the contestants as a mentor.

Poor Brooke. Her vocals were great, but she was obviously distracted by needing to carry her amateurish partner along.

As Simon has said before, it really doesn't matter what order people get eliminated in at this point. Every year there are just one or two candidates who can realistically win. This year is Crystal's show, and the other contestants are just marking time on the stage before they get the axe. However, I have to reiterate that this is one of the most talented group of finalists in AI history. Crystal, Casey, Lee, Siobhan, Michael, Katie, Andrew and (possibly Tim) are credible performers. Usually there are only two or three people each season who can actually sing.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-15-2010 at 11:54 AM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

I just can't wach this show anymore. The fun factor is gone. The show seems more focused on the "WOW" production factor. From the beginning of the show with the judges coming out to the fact Ryan Seacrest is in virtually EVERY shot. I realize he is the host but come on already. ENOUGH!

I have to turn the radio off every afternoon so I don't need to hear Ryan's voice from noon to 3.

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3877638;
    Adam certainly is a great showman, but he beat that song to death last night with overdone vocals, a problem he had last year. Adam is capable of subtlety, I wish he would use it more often. I did like the comments he gave to the contestants as a mentor.
    Yeah, have to agree with that. I was disappointed on a couple of levels...I was hoping his own material would have been more fun/interesting/unique. Ah well. His hair was pretty awesome, anyway.

I don't know if this is the most talented group...it may be just be that there's really no singer whose actual talent is questionable (except Tim...dunno WTH the judges were listening to on Tuesday night, but his Elvis cover was pure schmaltz, even for a song that is by definition, schmaltz - at least Elvis & his gorgeous vocals made it sound romantic, Tim was gratingly whiny & high-pitched to my ears...I maintain he is this season's Sanjaya). The overall mediocrity of the rest makes me not care much who goes next. I'd prefer Casey to stay, seeing as I like his voice and he's nice & easy on my eyes. I'm okay with Crystal & Mike, too.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3877638;
    Oh, I think many people would give an arm and a leg to have his amazing vocal "problem". As for "overdone"... as opposed to what? It's his song, he can do whatever the hell he wants with it. I've heard him sing "Whataya Want From Me" at least two dozen different ways already - different versions of perfect - on every TV show from Oprah to Leno to his own concerts. This is just one version and it was fitting for the Idol stage especially in light of the dead slabs of boring that these abysmally droll contestants have been bringing to the show week after week. Unlike many people who have to stick to a safe script, Adam will never sing any song twice the same way.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

+ Reply to Thread