+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 19 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 4/14 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 4/14 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Andrew's goodbye song will be his final trainwreck. Yay!

Katie was growing as a singer and growing on me. She probably is one of the four singers who have a versatile voice, the other three being Crystal, Mike and Siobhan. Versatile meaning they can pull off any genre convincingly. Aaron could be versatile, I suspect, because he did do a good job with a little complicated song last night. Casey and Lee can only do one thing.

Idol Fan

Wow. I am still pumped from the moment Ryan declared Siobhan safe!

I'm not surprised with who we lost tonight, though I think it could have been Aaron as easily as Katie. I don't expect he'll last much longer, though it will, of course, depend on how good he'll do.

I thought Andrew did very well with his song, and sounded sweet, but his delightfully positive attitude really outclassed his singing. Well-done!

Katie, on the other hand, I really felt sorry for, and was disappointed for her that she wrecked her song as badly as she did. I never heard her sing so out of tune through the whole song like she did tonight. Emotions really got to her. Though I wish her well, her improvement came a bit too late for her, I guess, at least as far as this show.

I was shocked when Ryan announced Big Mike wasn't even in the Bottom 3 because he did that without ever announcing who was!

When we were first left with those 3, even though I liked Mike, I remember thinking I'd be fine with any of them having to be the one going. But I was also really surprised Aaron didn't land in the bottom, unless, of course, he did.

And Adam was fantastic! Except for way too much smoke, and too much of the green lasers, I just ate him up! What a voice! Fantastic!

As for Brooke's duet, I thought she sounded really good and was surprised she was doing a duet with someone who wasn't even as good as she is. Though I think he got better towards the end when he let himself get into it. You could see, at the beginning, that he was nervous. I know I never heard of him before. Thanks, UnkleScott, for sharing who he is! I thought it sweet and surprising to feel, as I watched, as if he were taking strength and confidence and support from Brooke.

As for the group sing? I think it hilarious they lip synch, and wish they really sang, but I thought they sounded wonderful, even if it was cheesy. And I disagree with whomever said Crystal looked uncomfortable with that. I thought she looked like she was really having a lark and enjoying it. Lee, on the other hand? Not so much.

So.....inspirational songs next week? Oh No!!!! I hope they get some better inspiration for themes pronto!

And I hope Siobhan reclaims her full-on confidence and soaring, powerful vocals and stops "toning it down"!!! It would be even nicer if the judges'/producers fear of her "unpredicability" changes over to encouragement and support! And if everyone stopped accusing her of "screeching"! Ok, sorry about that soapbox moment.

All in all, a most satisfying results show. Adam was inspired as a mentor, though he didn't match the theme. Hope they do as well in the future with more mentors. Somehow, I'm not looking forward to next week and having my heart wrenched in another "Idol Gives Back," but I'm glad it's Queen Latifah as co-host.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3877347;
    What do I want from you? To get off my TV, that's what.
    Not me! The more the Adam the better!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Adam and Elliot in one show ... my two fave Idol guys ever ... now, THAT is what I call a good night!

Not sure where to post this but Adam Lambert was perfect! He is the best that has ever come out of this show! I love his music and I am waiting or a tour! Way to go!!
    A cat changes coming home to an empty house to coming home

Tonight, Adam pretty much owned everyone not only on this season but every other season of Idol. None of them can touch him vocally or as performers. Next to him, they all seem like such pitiful, mewling little kittens that somebody plucked from the gutter. As for this year's previous guest performers, I think they might be crying into their oatmeal even as I'm typing this.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

Wow, wow, and wow ... Adam is incredible. His performance tonight really highlights how amazing it still is to me that he didn't win last season. And also highlights that Tim isn't out of the realm of winning this year. He is very likeable even though he doesn't have the best voice of the bunch ... sound familiar?

I'm still calling it Crystal for the win.

Quote Originally Posted by mom3;3877315;
    I didn't think Brooke was all that great...not bad, but not in the same league with Crystal (IMO).
    I thought she was trying to do her Carrie Underwood impression tonight instead of her usual Carly Simon / Carole King.
    I would have much preferred to hear Elliott.

I was sorry to see Katie leave. She was really growing on a weekly basis and I totally enjoyed her song last night.
    I am very glad to see Andrew leave. Both he and Katie handled their exits very well.

Loved Adam tonight.
    Not my favorite song, but it's just undeniable how he can command a stage. Would love to see him in concert.
    Last edited by norealityhere; 04-15-2010 at 02:42 AM.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

2 girls left.... there goes the year of the "girls".
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3877347;
    What do I want from you? To get off my TV, that's what.
    I'm with ya, Unk.

+ Reply to Thread