+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819 LastLast

Thread: 4/14 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Re: 4/14 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3877370;
    I mean, in my mind, Crystal is the single best performer to even appear on this show. That said, I know I think that because her "genre" of music is far closer to my taste than Adam's.
    Exactly. I also think Crystal is the best ever on Idol. It's all a matter of taste, what you styles you prefer.

Quote Originally Posted by OriginalSinner;3877390;
    Hey, I love Ring of Fire.
    I do too, just not Adam Lambert's version. It was GAWD awful!

as always just my opinion Marlena_M's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3877399;
    OMG I absolutely love Adam's rendition of Ring of Fire!!!!!!!!!

Personally I find these humane mouse traps rather ineffective. Better to lay down some glue and when you hear the critter scream you take a shovel to his head.

Adam's version of "Ring Of Fire" was a smoldering hot performance! Loved it

FORT Fogey

I know a lot of people liked Katie - and in the last two weeks she did her best singing. Personally, I think she went as far as she could in the competition. For me, Katie is a pretty high school student with a really good voice. Nothing more. She is never going to be able to compete with Casey and Crystal who's musical talents greatly exceed hers. I really wish she (and Aaron) had waited a few years before auditioning. With some more experience they could both be unstoppable. But not now - they're too green for me.

I'm glad Tim is staying. I think he's finally found his groove - he was actually believable romantic this week. I'd like for him to outlast Aaron, but whatever - they will both probably be gone in two weeks one way or the other.

Oh, and count me in as another person who loved Adam's Ring of Fire. I really like the fact that he went way out on that limb even though he had to know that it was going to turn a lot of folks off.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 04-14-2010 at 10:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDll;3877399;
    Are you kidding ? It was the performance that made me love Adam.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3877347;
    What do I want from you? To get off my TV, that's what.
    I said the exact same thing. And I also added "off my radio" for good measure.

Adam was admittedly a good mentor this week, but his "singing" is still as horrific to me as it was last year. I still get a good laugh out of the "Ring of Fire" trainwreck though, although I doubt Cash would!

Very happy Andrew is FINALLY gone. I didn't care for Katie, but would have much rather preferred Michael going. On to hoping for his boot next week. Some day soon his voter luck is going to run out yet again. And I can't wait for that day. I hate the save. Hated it last year, hated it this year. If America voted them off, leave it alone.

This season is such a major joke. Frankly, I won't be surprised if Tim actually wins.

Quote Originally Posted by Rabid Dingo;3877431;
    This season is such a major joke. Frankly, I won't be surprised if Tim actually wins.
    With respect... people say that EVERY season. I'd bet major money that someone with dedication could dig through threads for ANY of the past 7 seasons or so and find comments from some segment of posters about what a bad season it is, how lacking the talent is compared to the previous one, etc. EVERY season. I know this in my bones. It always gets said, and similarly, there are always some who think its the BEST season yet too.

Personally my own opinion is that this season falls smack in the middle of the road. Maybe slightly above the median, but ONLY because the best performer to ever appear in the entire franchise (Crystal) is mixed in there with two or three finalists who, if not the worst ever, are at least pretty far below that. I mean someone like Andrew is a total joke as a finalist, then again previous seasons have had some major garbage show up and somehow stick around 'till this stage too.

All of this is apart from Tim maybe winning. I can see it (I even said as much before). Then again it wouldn't be the first time a less talented person won. Maybe it would be a bigger gap than usual (since Tim is 80% hair and only 20% talent), but its happened before. It doesn't indict the talent level of the entire season though--just the crappy power voting habits of part of the audience and those trumping talent.
    Last edited by Krom; 04-14-2010 at 11:16 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

It was so good seeing Adam tonight! (Loved Ring of Fire as well - smokin' hot and cutting edge ) Andrew seems like a really nice guy, but it was his time to go. Katie? I picked her to go home tonight, too. She has a big voice, but like others said she's too green. She needs to build up some life experience and then let it show in her vocals.

I can't believe I'm saying this, but I'm actually glad Tim was safe this week. He turned in a very good performance and I think he deserved to stay another week. He'll probably only stay another week, but that's another story. The other reason I'm glad he's staying is because of Ryan's totally disrespectful behavior during his performance last night. TCDC posted a link on another thread about the behind-the-scenes antics during the show and apparently Ryan and one of Casey's fans were dancing together throughout the whole thing :nono (Ryan jokingly called him Scott Savol).

And inspirational songs next week? I just hope there's not too much schmaltz. I still remember David Cook's performance (Innocent). I'd love for him to come back again.....

+ Reply to Thread