Thread: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Regular

Re: 4/13 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3876610;
    Crystal Bowersox 866 436-5701
    Thank you, thank you, thank you!

Idol Fan

This is one strange night when it comes to seeing anyone deserving to go - there's no one who is terrible, for me, even if I never liked some.

I LOVE that Adam Lambert is on! He is a good mentor.

Tonight, I am fed up with 2 things -

One, the judges don't seem to stick to the truth but to their pre-arranged determination to sink some contestants ie. Andrew & Siobhan! And,

Two, the way too many judges and people make up baloney about Siobhan's "screeching"!

C'mon! There was no screeching!!!!

Yes, I agree that ever since the night they ripped into Siobhan, a few weeks back, she's been afraid to let loose. And yes, tonight's song wasn't her at her top, letting it all out. But she never screeched, she was controlled and with the best voice here! I love her, and yes, loved the song best when she soared, but she is still a top scorer and deserves winning! And at least, staying til Top 2! She is amazing!

Now, even those I don't think particularly wonderful, were good tonight!

I will stand up and say that they threw Andrew under the bus, tonight. He changed up the song, and actually did well! No, imo, he's not a "contender," but he was good! He brought something new tonight and deserves to stay! He changed it up and sounded good, if not near best here!

And Aaron was adorable, didn't come close to "karaoke" and sounded delightfully bluesy and I liked him tonight. Just adorable!

Lee, who is not even close to a showman, to give Elvis his due, actually sounded his absolute best! Bluesy and terrific in his singing, even if he can't garner my enthusiasm, and doesn't bring any of his own.

Mike, has a beautiful R&B and Soul voice and while doing the song as a slow ballad, also was heartfelt and a solid, good performance.

Even Tim surprised me tonight. It just sounded pretty! And vulnerable!

I thought Crystal was amazing tonight. I was terribly disappointed she didn't get into any Elvis-style showmanship, but loved, loved, loved her vocal performance.

And again, let me say, Siobhan deserves a whopping fanbase! Whether she chooses best song or not, she is the most amazing vocalist here! LOVE her and hope she does great.

With 2 people leaving, tonight is going to be difficult and dangerous for a number of contestants.

Andrew is better than he's credited. Casey is a star. Crystal is amazing, vocally. Siobhan is SUPER-Fantasic, Lee is growing and sounded his best, and Big Mike is a Soul Star.

Siobhan deserves landing in the Top 2. I pray she makes it, and though Andrew is probably in trouble, he did a really good job tonight and shouldn't be going!

FORT Regular

just voted 4 times straight for Crystal without a single busy signal -- that makes me nervous!!

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy;3876618;
    just voted 4 times straight for Crystal without a single busy signal -- that makes me nervous!!
    I wouldn't worry... I don't think that many people are voting....

and I will say, as the above poster said, Siobhan didn't have a screechy note in her song. I wasn't a big fan of it, but it was sung well.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

andrew was terrible!!! it is time for him to go, before tim urban even!

my wish for the bottom three is

-andrew
    -siobhan
    -aaron

with andrew and siobhan leaving, but i'd be okay with aaron/tim going too

I feel so badly for Siobhan. I love her voice, her uniqueness, and her approach to music. The judges are to blame here because they're giving her such terrible feedback. And just when I thought Kara was starting to control herself with her comments she just threw it all away and droned on and on andonandonandon......UGH!

I voted for Siobhan because she absolutely deserves to stay. My top performers tonight were Crystal, Lee, Casey and Siobhan. Tim pleasantly surprised me. I think Andrew's leaving, and Katie. Or maybe Aaron. My heart still goes out to Siobhan.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Willowwisp;3876416;
    um.... what the heck are the judges talking about?! that was dead, dry... out of tune.. too slow...wobbly... awkward.... did I mention boring?!
    Yes - ALL of that! You hit the nail on the head! To me, that was horrid, even by Tim standards.

I honestly don't know what to think of the judges. I feel like I'm in some kind of mind warp game.

FORT Fogey

Andrew's Hound Dog reminded me a little of TUrb's Under My Thumb - a little Kokomo vibe to it. Only it didn't creep me out quite as much as Tim's.

I though I was liking Adam's mentoring, but I didn't like the performances that resulted from it. Not sure what to make of that. This was one of the worst nights of the season for me. And I haven't been systematically panning the season as some have.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by angelic_one2002;3876474;
    i liked Aaron..he was right on key.
    I have to agree with you - one of the better performances, vocally and style-wise, of the night, in my opinion. At least Aaron gives it his all and mixes it up a bit...actually performs.

FORT Fogey

Was it just me, or did Kara look...and talk...and act...like she'd just rolled out of bed and smoked a big doobie before stepping onstage? She has that whole slumped over with mussed up hair, "Man, blah blah blah blah blah blah blah blah (forever, ad infinitum, ad nauseum)" thing going on.

+ Reply to Thread