+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 1213141516171819202122

Thread: 4/7 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 4/7 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3873008;
    Entertainment Weekly's behind the scenes report of the results show taping:

'American Idol': On the scene for Top 9 results night and Big Mike's Big Save

Some highlights of what you didn't see on TV:
    That description of Lee was priceless! Thanks for sharing that!

I will tell you why Big Mike was last. America likes to listen to an make Millionaires of the Rhianna's of the world. I call them hook singers. They can only sing the same meager hooks and not a song. Most of what you hear on the radio is the same crap Rhianna was peddling.

The people don't know how to react when they come across someone like Big Mike, who looks like he should be rapping or doing Hip Hop music. A man who can actually handle vocals.

So they stick to the pablum the industry has been peddling with Autotune and other tricks to make these people seem like they can carry a tune.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3873178;
    I will tell you why Big Mike was last. America likes to listen to an make Millionaires of the Rhianna's of the world. I call them hook singers. They can only sing the same meager hooks and not a song. Most of what you hear on the radio is the same crap Rhianna was peddling.

The people don't know how to react when they come across someone like Big Mike, who looks like he should be rapping or doing Hip Hop music. A man who can actually handle vocals.

So they stick to the pablum the industry has been peddling with Autotune and other tricks to make these people seem like they can carry a tune.
    You may have something there. In today's top 40, vocal ability is really unimportant. It's not for nothin' that Simon keeps harping on what will sell, and Big Mike might be a hard sell. Too bad. I'm not an R&B fan but I like Mike, and I'm glad he got the save.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3873008;
    Entertainment Weekly's behind the scenes report of the results show taping:

'American Idol': On the scene for Top 9 results night and Big Mike's Big Save

Some highlights of what you didn't see on TV:
    Quote:
    When Aaron was the first Bottom Three contestant to be sent back to the couches, Lee couldn’t even look him in the eye. In fact, Lee actually leaned slightly away from Aaron. When we cut to commercial, Lee stood up and tried to go to Andrew to comfort him, but was pulled back by a staffer. It was heartbreak incarnate! Lee and Andrew, being torn apart by fate, their perfect love at risk, and the men not even allowed to hold each other! Crystal tried to hug Lee, but he was just inconsolable. Seriously, the kid could barely walk...

When we returned to air, Lee started literally biting his nails. When Andrew was declared safe, Crystal and Tim were visibly shocked, and the boos started to rain down. “They’ll save him,” mouthed Lee, and when Big Mike hit the first note of his Maxwell cover, I knew our resident tortured soul was right. Most people were watching Big Mike’s performance, but Lee was focused squarely on the judges, his sad eyes burning a hole right through Kara’s rayon finery as she leaned both literally and metaphorically on Simon. I don’t know if Lee was feeling some crazy survivor’s guilt or if he’s considering cheating on Andrew with Big Mike, but that kid really wanted that save.

When Simon announced that Big Mike would live to sing another day, there was pandemonium. Kara hugged him like he’d just bought her a pony. (A pony named Glue, but still a pony!) Tim Urban’s dad threw both fists victoriously in the air. All these judges are getting picked up by their ankles later, I wrote.
    If Lee gets the 2nd fewest votes next week, I wonder if he'll still be as much in favor of the save for Mike.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3873216;
    If Lee gets the 2nd fewest votes next week, I wonder if he'll still be as much in favor of the save for Mike.
    Lee may be more directly threatened by the save than we think. I hypothesized here in Big Mike's thread that Michael may be sharing a fan base with Lee and Casey - which would explain his sudden decline when they did well. Which means that for Lee, a good performance by Mike (plus voters rushing to protect him after this week's disaster) could send Lee or Casey down to the bottom. (Most likely Lee.)

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3873178;

I think you may have a point, if the people who are voting are the ones listening too and buying pop music. I'm very, very glad that I'm not a young person these days and that have that autotune garbage be what I have to listen to. Its all style over substance.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3873221;
    Lee may be more directly threatened by the save than we think. I hypothesized here in Big Mike's thread that Michael may be sharing a fan base with Lee and Casey - which would explain his sudden decline when they did well. Which means that for Lee, a good performance by Mike (plus voters rushing to protect him after this week's disaster) could send Lee or Casey down to the bottom. (Most likely Lee.)
    That makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723
    I think you may have a point, if the people who are voting are the ones listening too and buying pop music. I'm very, very glad that I'm not a young person these days and that have that autotune garbage be what I have to listen to. Its all style over substance.
    So that was called style what Rhianna did with that Umbrella song? Um-ber-ella....ella....ella....ella.. ...... OMG, and then they choose her to sing during Lennon & McCartney week. wow

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3875723;
    So that was called style what Rhianna did with that Umbrella song? Um-ber-ella....ella....ella....ella.. ...... OMG, and then they choose her to sing during Lennon & McCartney week. wow
    Sorry, I didn't watch Rhianna (that's what remote controls are for). In my opinion, pop music these days is neither style nor substance, but the point I was trying to make is that all anyone cares about is how it looks, not how it sounds.

My ideal concert would not include dancing, pseudo-dancing, pyrotechnics, swinging from the ceiling, or any of the other nonsense that passes for entertainment. Give me a good singer standing center stage and singing songs with great lyrics and I will be happy.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Who is John Galt?

I didn't see the results show, but I'm guessing that nobody was sent home. Is that so?

+ Reply to Thread