+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 1415161718192021222324

Thread: 4/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 4/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by liedenfrost
    April 06, 2010: The Top Nine

12. Crystal Bowersox. I might be the only one but I don’t like this “silly song” (John Lennon’s words; not mine). Lennon and McCartney penned some of the best music in the world but Come Together isn’t one of them. Once picked, there’s virtually nothing you can do with it; the lyrics are so stupid, they can’t be changed into anything even remotely serious, emotional, or artistic. All one can do is try to have fun with them. I think Crystal did what she could with this; got from it all she could, but her hands were tied behind her back the moment she picked it. The judges (Kara or Simon?) said they preferred a sensual, sexy version. Come Together? Sexy? Sensual? Try it. See if you can convert these nonsensical and drug-influenced lyrics; this obtuse collection of disconnected symbols and images into sex and sensuality. I guarantee you will fail.
    Sorry for the back-to-back posts...gotta learn how to cut and paste multiple comments.....

Anyway, not to be too picky, but John Lennon wrote Come Together. They always gave the duo credit for individual work (brilliant, from a business perspective), but this one was John's. And I highly recommend renting Across the Universe if you're a Beatles fan. Someone else mentioned it here(TCDC?). The arrangements are incredible and Come Together is wild...
    Last edited by MotherSister; 04-07-2010 at 05:12 PM.

Re: 4/6 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;3871484;
    Yeah, make it RELEVANT, Aaron!

The &*^%%$ long and winding *^$$ road,
    That leads to your &^%%-*&^%ing door
    Boom-boom-POW!
    Bwahahaha

I'm not sure what is up with Siobhan lately. I used to love her but the past couple of weeks have been terrible. She sounds really wobbly or something. AT this point, I'm really missing Lily.
    I hate when the cops throw me in the back of the squad car ....like they didnít hear me call shotgun.
    Boy (n) : Noise with dirt on it.

+ Reply to Thread