+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
Results 41 to 46 of 46

Thread: Deep Idol Thoughts #234: The Musical Instrument Topic

  1. #41
    Peace MsFroggy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Up here in my tree...
    Posts
    15,532

    Re: Deep Idol Thoughts #234: The Musical Instrument Topic

    He jumped off the sinking ship like the rest of them. I wasn't surprised when I heard this news; it's not like the writing hasn't been on the wall for this show after Season 8 ended.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

  2. #42
    FORT Newbie
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Posts
    26

    Re: Deep Idol Thoughts #234: The Musical Instrument Topic

    So what's everyone thoughts today about 'hiding behind the instrument'.

    Crystal did fantastic WITHOUT any instrument. She made me watch her, she performed, connected with the audience.
    And - i will get killed for saying this - but despite being a bit off pitch Aaron did a great job with no instrument.

    My take on last night is that the only person in the competition is Crystal (and I have never been a Crystal fan)- the rest are really lagging behind. No one else compared!

  3. #43
    FORT Fanatic brierpatch's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    WV
    Posts
    415

    Re: Deep Idol Thoughts #234: The Musical Instrument Topic

    Last night Casey played his guitar and forgot to sing, and Mike held his guitar and forgot to play.

  4. #44
    FORT Fanatic fijibeachbum's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Sigh... in Ohio, far from the beach
    Posts
    454

    Re: Deep Idol Thoughts #234: The Musical Instrument Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by brierpatch;3882118;
    Last night Casey played his guitar and forgot to sing, and Mike held his guitar and forgot to play.
    And Crystal left her guitar behind and sang.

  5. #45
    Anarchist AJane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Location
    Charming
    Posts
    9,353

    Re: Deep Idol Thoughts #234: The Musical Instrument Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by BajanBlond;3882075;
    So what's everyone thoughts today about 'hiding behind the instrument'.

    Crystal did fantastic WITHOUT any instrument. She made me watch her, she performed, connected with the audience.
    And - i will get killed for saying this - but despite being a bit off pitch Aaron did a great job with no instrument.

    My take on last night is that the only person in the competition is Crystal (and I have never been a Crystal fan)- the rest are really lagging behind. No one else compared!
    Frankly, I didn't think it mattered one bit. She sang very well and it wasn't relevant to me whether or not she had her guitar. I hated that dress they put her in - so not her and it looked very odd with her dreads and piercings. The look almost put me off the whole performance.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

  6. #46
    FORT Fogey Misty8723's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2003
    Posts
    3,371

    Re: Deep Idol Thoughts #234: The Musical Instrument Topic

    Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3883296;
    Frankly, I didn't think it mattered one bit. She sang very well and it wasn't relevant to me whether or not she had her guitar. I hated that dress they put her in - so not her and it looked very odd with her dreads and piercings. The look almost put me off the whole performance.
    I wasn't crazy about the dress either, but don't they pick their own clothes? I've heard that they have guidance, but - like with song choice - the contestant is ultimately responsible.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.