+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 14 FirstFirst ... 34567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 3/31 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/31 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Please, oh please, don't cast Tim in GLEE! That is one of my favorite shows, and I'm afraid I just couldn't stomach having to look at mopsy and listen to him try to sing every week. High School Musical and Disney can have him - I don't make it a point to watch them.

FORT Newbie

I think the next 3 weeks are pretty predictable unless someone shocks us.
    Didi needed to go - she was terrible this week and one of the weakest.
    Once the show gets rid of Tim and Andrew then the excitement will begin.
    There is no "Adam Lambert" this time, unfortunately.

I think Didi had a unique voice, her "song choice" killed her, she just wasn't able to "deliver" anything that was worth keeping her. I agree that the next few eliminations (barring any weird voting)..will be pretty predictable...Tim, Katie, Andrew and Aaron are all on borrowed time. Aaron may stay the longest only because he will be the "teen" vote as the others fall by the wayside.....IMHO

I ran across this line from someone who was at the results show.
    There was also a group hug that Tim Urban sort of missed out on, but not because he's a jerk. He's just a wiggly little puppy who was off chasing a butterfly or something.

Quote Originally Posted by Harmony2000;3867876;

I'm not mad she left, she hadn't sang a good song in a long time, just a little sad for her and I thought Ryan's obvious crush on her would have helped her last a little longer....or maybe it did......and no comments about him being allegedly gay (I am aware of the rumors), I still think he was more touchy feely with her than the others and seemed to really like her....really really like her.
    It was very clear that Ryan had a thing for Didi - I think maybe it hurt her - I found it uncomfortable watching him with her. I know the rumors are out there but this is why I don't believe them: Ellen and Ryan are very good friends and she often tries to set him up with female guests on his show or talk about trying to find him a girlfriend. I would think Ellen of all people would not be willing to help Ryan keep up an appearance like that.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I have to say that this season is the only other season to suck so bad (hated season 3). I don't even care if I miss the show, hence not getting the results right. The only one that interests me a little is Lee
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

signed, sealed, delivered maude~flanders's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3867742;
    Don't blame him. Both last night and tonight Ryan has been slamming on Simon for his opinions. Someone needs to remind Ryan that without Simon he probably wouldn't have his cushy little job. Ryan seems to have gotten a little full of himself this season.
    Agreed. Ryan has gotten to be a real jerk this season. He is trying to start trouble with Simon and makes it uncomfortable to watch.

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Not sure that "jerk" is the right word for Ryan. I would have used it for Simon on many an occasion when he gives his idiotic answers to meaningful questions.

"It's rather like a pussycat who wants to be a lion . . . . . "

The problem I have with this pseudo-feud between the two of them is simply that it's getting OLD! Been there, done that. If this really is the last season, I wouldn't expect them to come up with a new comedy routine.

How about they just drop it all together. Ryan promises to ask only pertinent questions and Simon agrees to give actual answers.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

This season is the best yet. There are several credible singers: crystal, mike, siobhan, casey, aron and the teen girl.

The Simon and Ryan "feud" is a joke. Simon and Ryan are great friends. The banter between them sounds as fake as the banter between Simon and Kara and the former banter between Simon and Paula.

At any rate, I think Ryan does a fantastic job on the show. He did seem interested in paying attention to Didi this season, but that could have been because she is so frickin' weepy. Part of Ryan's job is to make sure the contestants don't completely fall apart, especially duing the judging parts.
    --

I love Tim-- not his singing-- his attitude. He is the ultimate positive thinker. He's going to enjoy his time on the show, no matter what. That makes a lot of sense to me. I think he won a lot of support with that answer.

---

I'm glad Andrew is staying. If he sticks to his folkier roots, he'll stay for a while longer.
    --
    Last edited by pillbeam; 04-01-2010 at 02:20 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

While I am tired of Ryan's constant snippy remarks to Simon, I do realize that it is part of the show and I think a majority of it is scripted.
    As far as the repartee with Didi, it was in the same vein as that with Andrew's mother in the audience. In both instances, it's an attempt to garner votes for a candidate who seems to be needing them.
    It's pretty much the same as the "pimp packages" they use especially before Hollywood week.
    I loved Tim's answer to Kara and the other judges. I've said before that the guy isn't my cup of tea, but I can't deny that his positive outlook is refreshing on this show.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread