+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 14 FirstFirst ... 234567891011121314 LastLast

Thread: 3/31 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/31 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

I was fine with Didi leaving. The time from tour to top 5 is just filler for me...makes no difference when they go out b/c they have no shot of winning.

I like Tim's attitude - as Tim must see it - by all rights he should be home watching on TV - if Chris Golightly had not been disqualified then America would have NEVER once seen Tim Urban sing a note. So all of this is gravy to him. He's on the tour - he's never going to win - so why not just enjoy the ride. I imagine the Disney execs are chomping at the bit to cast him in High School Musical 4!

FORT Fan

Someone educate me. Is hip-hop R&B? What were Usher and Diddy singing? I thought that was hip-hop. Actually it was a fire, light and dance show. And the dance moves were vulgar in Usher's show.

Andrew, and his family, gets pimped again, even on the results show. Looks like it is not the judges, may be it is the producers who want to promote Andrew.

Didi controlled her emotions when she was let go. After constantly watching her cry or get testy week after week it was really a surprise that she held herself together. May be she felt relieved of the pressure of competing.

Tim is not as dumb as he looks. His answer to Kara was one of the best Idol moments. Glad he stayed. Now, if only his charm can outlast Andrew's overrated talent I would be even more glad.

Quote Originally Posted by dagwood;3867747;
    Okay, that performance by Usher stunk big time.
    They all sucked tonight. Even Ruben. That song was stupid and he still should not have won season 2.

What's with the guest performers this year, except for Kris and Danny? (I missed David Cook's)

Usher should be taking advice instead of giving it on how to sing and dance at the same time.
    I didn't realize Diddy still "performed". I thought his main gig was being a mogul....oh, and a clothing designer, which, by the way....his men's line is very, very nice.

Bye-bye Binami.

FORT Fogey

I actually got bottom 3 right - and even in the right order!

But what makes me even happier is that Didi finally left. Wish it had been her last week. Saw Paige on Letterman, and she sounded pretty good.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3867777;
    I actually got bottom 3 right - and even in the right order!
    me too!!!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by mom3;3867716;
    Diddy...kind of rhymes with the word I'd use for this performance.
    You got that right!

I'm not sure what word I'd use to describe Usher's performance, but I'm sure it wouldn't be very flattering.

And I wondered the same thing about hip-hop being R&B, KennyLuv. A little like saying country and rock are the same, if you ask me.

FORT Fogey

I only tuned in for bits and pieces.

Just an observation about Siobhan...

I'll bet Siobhan has never been told she has a bad voice. And, with all the leads she's gotten in school musicals, etc. it would be easy to conclude that she is sort of top dog in her world.

On Idol, esp. last night, she has taken some hits. When this happens, she seems hurt and a bit confused...kind of like it's the first time she's ever heard anyone say something bad.

I don't think she is arrogant or anything, it's just new to her. In a way, I think it will help her. Hopefully she'll climb out of the screaming box and try something a little new.

Tonight, she breathed a huge sigh of relief when she learned she was safe. That tells me she learned a good lesson. Having an off night probably did more good for her than it did bad - both as a person and as a performer.

Aw man! Two favorites voted off in a row. Now only Siohban remains. She needs to recover from her last performance and turn out another amazing routine to stay in the game.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3867728;
    I *HATE* *HATE* *HATE* Didi butchering Rhiannon, she has no right to sing a Stevie Nicks song, she cannot even come close to doing it justice.
    Thanyou.
    My thoughts exactly. She's a very beautiful girl who, unfortunately, is no Stevie Nicks.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

I'm sure I am in the minority but I liked Diddy's performance. Sue me,lol. I would listen to that if I was in a club and dance my little rump shaker off.

I also love Reuben. I listen to his gospel music on my Ipod all the time. He looks good. I don't listen to music on the radio only sports so I pay little attention to the rankings. I know Reuben has been nominated for 2 Grammy Awards, one a soul train music award and and NAACP image award.

I just realized that was Dawn from Danity Kane performing with Diddy.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread