+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567

Thread: How To Fix American Idol

FORT Fogey

Re: How To Fix American Idol

How To Fix American Idol
    IMO, AI can't be fixed. America has reached its saturation level. It may go on, but it will never be what it once was when it was new.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3908776;
    actually make the show about the talent. Idol has become nothing more than a popularity contest, and oh yeah some of the contestants can sing. The talent is secondary to the shocking elims and power voting.
    Yup, and don't bring back people just because they are cute or entertaining when producers know darn well that they'll never going to win because they are really not talented enough (i.e. Tim Urban) when there are much more talented people that they could have called back (Angela Martin, Thaddeus Johnson, Jermaine Purifoy, etc.)

Create a twist, like for example bring back an ex-idol contestant from previous seasons that made the top 24/32 who never made the top 12, into the top 12. Would be interesting to know how far they can go. Of course, only bring back the ones with actual talent, not Nick Mitchell or Tatiana. They did this in the talent show "Fame".

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3906261;
    Make the judges:

Harry Connick Jr. - (solo)
    Queen Latifa - (solo)
    Dave Mustaine - (Megadeth)
    There are some interesting suggestions for judges on this thread. What do you think of Donny Osmond? He has lots of experience in the music industry, but he could be too old. What do you think?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3913244;
    There are some interesting suggestions for judges on this thread. What do you think of Donny Osmond? He has lots of experience in the music industry, but he could be too old. What do you think?
    I don't think he's too old. I just don't think he could keep up with what is happening now. If there is a new panel, it needs to be fresh and up-to-date.

I happened to be channel surfing over the weekend and I came across the public TV station, KCET, doing one of their usual fund raising telethons.
    THey had featured rarely seen footage from the old American Bandstand and Ed Sullivan shows.
    I saw Sly and the Family Stone, the Doors, the Turtles, the Beach Boys, Marvin Gaye, Jan and Dean, Chuck Berry and a host of others.
    What was really shocking was that none of them were lyp synching and / or wearing those ridiculous ear pieces and headsets. And, the singers (especially Sly and Family Stone), not only sang, but they actually danced and, surprise, danced with audience members.
    Further surprise - they were able to sing in tune without the use of auto tune. And, nobody came off sounding out of tune. Now, how remarkable is that - a singer who can actually sing??!!!

Perhaps AI, if it is to continue, should take note.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567