+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How To Fix American Idol

Re: How To Fix American Idol

Go back to AI as a singing competition and get rid of the instruments.
    No more hiding behind guitars, pianos, or whatever.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Newbie

1. Give the contestants more time to sing. Most songs take a little time to develop emotionally, especially if you're looking for that 'WOW' moment the judges are always talking about.

2. Do something about the audience. Not every song should get a lengthy ovation and not every negative judges' comment needs to be booed relentlessly.

3. ALL NEW JUDGES!(seems everyone agrees on this). I think it's ok to have one judge without a music background but he/she still needs to be able to give an honest assesment when needed. And the judges need to be separate from the producers-honest opinions on the singing, not just what the producers think is best in terms of marketability/profitability.

4. Keep Ryan on the stage and away from the judges...please.

Quote Originally Posted by AzJoe;3908793;
    3. ALL NEW JUDGES!(seems everyone agrees on this). I think it's ok to have one judge without a music background but he/she still needs to be able to give an honest assesment when needed. And the judges need to be separate from the producers-honest opinions on the singing, not just what the producers think is best in terms of marketability/profitability.
    They will always look for who is marketable. 19E will manage these people and somebody - probably Jive again - will be stuck signing the winner. These companies are not charities. They're looking to make money so if they think they can't make money this whole game is pointless for them. And they don't really care who comes in where in the competition; that's just for show and to make the viewers at home feel like they're in the drivers' seat but it doesn't matter in real life as has been proven time and again. Last year, RCA knew they were going to sign Adam way before he even made top 5 and they were not interested in anyone else.
    "Feel the sky blanket you/ With gems and rhinestones/ See the path cut by the moon/ For you to walk on" - EV

instead of drawn out vote off shows. How about showing more of the idols rehearsal and time spent with the mentors.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3909165;
    instead of drawn out vote off shows. How about showing more of the idols rehearsal and time spent with the mentors.
    They already announced that next year the vote off shows are dropping back to 1/2 hr. so your thought may not be possible.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3909182;
    They already announced that next year the vote off shows are dropping back to 1/2 hr. so your thought may not be possible.
    Thank you God! Keep having ex contestants come back to perform, maybe have updates on them and the get out the boot!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

They need to get better people on the show. Better performers and singers. Anyone see Rockstar? Every year my husband and I keep comparing AI contestants with some of the people who were on Rockstar and saying,"They'd never have made Rockstar."

This show is SO scripted beforehand it's getting too obvious. Last night when they showed a huge crowd of people who were in one of the cattle calls for AI and they zoomed right in on a smiling Casey. It was so obviously a plant. Unless they zoom in on thousands of people hoping they'll end up with a 10 second money shot. I still love the show and will watch it, but it's not as thrilling as it used to be.

They should have a free for all week where contestants sing any kind of song including their own composition. Crystal obviously was pushing for it, as he mentioned the other day.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3908785;
    Go back to AI as a singing competition and get rid of the instruments.
    No more hiding behind guitars, pianos, or whatever.
    When the contestants perform with instruments every week, we know they won't be moving around and they will sound the same every week! Please get rid of the instruments. Plus, how many times did Casey suck and the judges said "well, you are really talented on the guitar." Who cares? He sucked! Tell him so!

I really hope they don't get rid of Randy Jackson. He isn't the most impressive judge but he seems to be the least biased one on the panel. He's the only original judge left after this season. I think they should build a new panel around him. And we should only have 3 judges. And more singing. Contestants should start singing 2 songs each during top 6 week. No more duets! The duets never really made much sense anyway.
    Show more of the contestants during the results show. I don't mind the behind the scenes stuff either.

I am hearing rumblings about no judges, more behind the scenes drama.... it kind of sounded very Big Brother to me.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast