+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: How To Fix American Idol

FORT Fogey

Re: How To Fix American Idol

Maybe there's nothing left to fix.

At yesterday's network up-fronts, Fox said little about the future of Idol. But what they did say leaves them the option to pull the plug on the show any time this summer, if they choose. Because there will be no auditions this summer. They are being "postponed" until the Fall.

Fox Executives Talk New Schedule: 'Turning On The Lights In Live-Action Comedy'

Reilly and Fox chairman Peter Rice deflected questions about post-Simon Cowell plans for American Idol, noting that the matter will be addressed after the end of the season. A little piece of news: Auditions for Idol’s next season will start later than usual, in September, and there will be a Cowell sendoff .

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3906261;
    Make the judges:

Dave Mustaine - (Megadeth)
    I would LOVE that!
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3906424;
    Maybe there's nothing left to fix.

At yesterday's network up-fronts, Fox said little about the future of Idol. But what they did say leaves them the option to pull the plug on the show any time this summer, if they choose. Because there will be no auditions this summer. They are being "postponed" until the Fall.

Fox Executives Talk New Schedule: 'Turning On The Lights In Live-Action Comedy'
    I think more than anything else, the delay in auditions is to give Cowells replacement a chance to be a part of them. I don't see the show going anywhere, but I do see some major changes coming. Changes, which have been needed. Now, if only they make the right changes.

They are making the results show 30 minutes. That's a start, although I think it should be more like the lottery number results. Just give me the results between 2 other shows.
    Phil: Claire likes to say "You can be part of the problem, or part of the solution." But I happen to believe you can be both. Modern Family

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3906526;
    I would LOVE that!
    It would be epic, but he'd probably say no because he's too busy. He'd be honest with the contestants, and plus the show has never really had... well any metal whatsoever on it.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

QUOTE: "To create more interest, when it gets down to the final 6, give the contestants 6 songs that they will have to choose from and will have to fight for (ala Rockstar) or decide for themselves who would sing what and if someone ends up with Britney Spears' Hit me Baby One More Time, then it will make it very interesting."
    I REALLY like this idea.
    I also like the idea of voting IN the top 12.
    I would also like it if similar to SYTYCD, the bottom 2 or 3 are chosen by America, and then the judges choose which of the bottom 2 or 3 go home... this could be the format until the top 5 or so. This would mean that the judges actually have a purpose... other than just sitting there and collecting a big salary while spewing out comments such as "pitchy"; "Bad song choice"; "I liked it"; or "I didn't like the song but I like YOU".

Quote Originally Posted by pfeifferdcat;3906768;
    They are making the results show 30 minutes. That's a start, although I think it should be more like the lottery number results. Just give me the results between 2 other shows.
    Great idea! For us around here it's gone from watching some of the results show to watching the last few minutes of the results show to just checking the internet to find out who got kicked off.

I'm not sure I'll be watching at all without Simon, but:

I wish we could vote off a person rather than voting for a person.

I wish there were less judges who gave more constructive criticism.

I wish they'd get rid of mentors all together

I wish they would expand song choices

I do like the creativity theme weeks can inspire, but please have wider categories than one particular artist and have bigger lists of songs available to the contestants for the theme's they do have.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Jezebella;3865178;
    Limit the number of votes like on Dancing with the Stars.
    Agree. I would like to have just 1 vote per phone line and 1 vote online.
    1 vote per person would show who actually had the most people voting for them. I vote, but I can't stand to keep voting over and over for the person I want to win.

Go back to Top 32. No drawn out Top 24 semis. We get bored by the time the Top 12 comes around.

actually make the show about the talent. Idol has become nothing more than a popularity contest, and oh yeah some of the contestants can sing. The talent is secondary to the shocking elims and power voting.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast