+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 56789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/24 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/24 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3862477;
    Paige was terrible last night. But Andrew is the worst of the eleven. A squeaky voice with no stamina that already cracked twice since top 24. Ignoring his bad vocals he cannot even put on a decent show on the stage. It is a travesty he is still there. I heard a lot of boos in the audience when Ryan picked Katie over Andrew to send to the bottom three. It really is a wonder how Andrew is not in the bottom three. At the rate the competition is going I think the final two to fight for the title may be Andrew and Didi. Like Blake Lewis and Jordin Sparks making it to the top 2 over Melinda Doolittle and Lakisha Jones, Andrew and Didi may make it past Crystal and Siobhan.
    I remember all the "diva" splits and I'm wondering if it is possible that Andrew is not splitting any demographic vote and could also be getting the bulk of Hispanic votes, and then Katie & Paige, and Tim & Aaron are all splitting the votes from the young'uns ? Also, Paige, Tim and Casey all are from Texas ( as was Lacey ) so there could be some geographic loyalty voting splits.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-24-2010 at 11:36 PM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Paige was terrible last night. But Andrew is the worst of the eleven. A squeaky voice with no stamina that already cracked twice since top 24. Ignoring his bad vocals he cannot even put on a decent show on the stage. It is a travesty he is still there. I heard a lot of boos in the audience when Ryan picked Katie over Andrew to send to the bottom three. It really is a wonder how Andrew is not in the bottom three. At the rate the competition is going I think the final two to fight for the title may be Andrew and Didi. Like Blake Lewis and Jordin Sparks making it to the top 2 over Melinda Doolittle and Lakisha Jones, Andrew and Didi may make it past Crystal and Siobhan.
    This is why Simon says over and over again in interviews that it is a popularity contest, not a singing contest......

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3862396;
    Which is why Crystal's answer was pure genius.

What it projected was "I make the decisions, not you". Which is the absolute ideal attitude for a REAL artist.
    And Simon was smiling at that answer !

Mohandas Gandhi

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3862488;
    I remember all the "diva" splits and I'm wondering if it is possible that Andrew is not splitting any demographic vote and could also be getting the bulk of Hispanic votes, and then Katie & Paige, and Tim & Aaron are all splitting the votes from the young'uns ? Also, Paige, Tim and Casey all are from Texas ( as was Lacey ) so there could be some geographic loyalty voting splits.
    I think you are right. That makes total sense.

FORT Fogey

With every elimination comes a redistribution of that contestant's votes. Wonder where Paige's fans will throw their support now.

FORT Fogey

Glad next week's theme is at least a little more defined - R&B is a pretty big field, but at least it's not totally wide open, like it has been for 4 of the past five weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3862507;
    With every elimination comes a redistribution of that contestant's votes. Wonder where Paige's fans will throw their support now.
    To another young one ... or maybe another Texan ?

Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3862499;
    And Simon was smiling at that answer !
    It also led to this delightful "shhh... the adults are talking now" kind of energy compared to the rest of the show. Between Katie answering the same question like a nervous little girl, and the Disney Circus, it was like this short breather of maturity. Really, although I've loved her singing up till now, I think that ONE moment, that one answer, also made me start to really like Crystal as a person too. I think Simon was grinning ear to ear for much the same reason.

Paige has fans?

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

... It really is a wonder how Andrew is not in the bottom three...
    No mystery, really. Andrew had TONS of exposure before the semi-finals. He had a whole background piece during auditions and then the Paula song in Hollywood. He came into the live show with lots of fans - probably more than anyone else. Paige had NO exposure whatsoever. We had literally never seen her before she stepped out to sing her first song in the semi-finals; she was starting completely from scratch.

So Andrew started with lots of fans and has been slowly loosing them. While Paige has been struggling to try to pick up and hold voters - which has been hard to do since she has been so inconsistent.

Even though she was only my 3rd favorite, I'm now throwing my support to Siohban and Didi.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

+ Reply to Thread