+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 16 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 3/17 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/17 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3857502;
    Nope, I hung in till the credits rolled - no theme for next week.
    Sometimes Ryan announces it on his Thursday morning show. Check the AI9 spoiler thread tomorrow. If someone blabs, we'll post it.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3857601;
    I don't think I follow you.
    Does he somehow know the vote count to be so confident about it?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3857607;
    Does he somehow know the vote count to be so confident about it?
    I would really doubt that.
    I don't remember him bragging about his fan base either but if he did, it was probably because he had the most followers on twitter before they shut their twitter accounts down.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3857475;
    They let her pick any song to sing - that's at least an improvement over last year.
    I noticed that too. They finally changed that and they were probably reading the FORT message boards last year. Why would you try to save yourself with a song that got you the lowest votes? You should be able to pick a song that you really know to sing because it's your career that is at stake here. Good thing that AI caught on.

I figured it was Lacey's time to go home. I mean...Lilly should have been in there instead of her, Paige or Katie. Anyway, yes it's sad that people have to go before Tim, it's not even funny anymore. It's the power of the tweeners!

I wish Tim was not even in the bottom 3 though so his fans will become complacent and not vote so much next time.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3857661;
    I wish Tim was not even in the bottom 3 though so his fans will become complacent and not vote so much next time.
    Good point! I was going to reply to Top Cat DC about that very issue, when he mentioned seeing a crack in the Tim Urban fan base.

His fans will come out in full force next week no matter how well (or more likely, terribly ) he performs, because they're scared he'll be going soon. So ole Tim will probably make the tour over someone more deserving...

David Cook & Orianthi were really good. What the hell is a Kesha, is she a minor league Gaga?

No surprise in the bootee!

I read an article this morning that said the theme next week is "Songs made popular by Teen Idols." Maybe that's true, maybe it's not.

How did the band get the song for Lacey up so fast? I mean, did they know what she was going to pick, or did they just have it memorized...? Was it prerecorded?

Quote Originally Posted by Magnum;3857720;
    How did the band get the song for Lacey up so fast? I mean, did they know what she was going to pick, or did they just have it memorized...? Was it prerecorded?
    They are professional musicians. I suspect they could have immediately played any of the songs that any of the booted contestants had chosen.

The only thing that was prerecorded was that God Awful Ke$ha crapola.

Well, I'm not upset yet. I'm glad she had the choice of song. I'm glad they didn't use the "veto" power.

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

I'm glad I finally got to hear some Stones Rock and Roll - not the ballads from competition night. Thank you David and the wonderful musicians in your band for bringing me close to the real thing. I know David is not Mick and never will be, but he did a rockin' job on a rockin' song.

So, they featured two female rock singers who need more exposure. Do they belong to Simon's label? Just wondering. The first was all right, but the Lady Gaga rip off of the second was so bad I hit pause until enough time had passed for her to finish her posturing.

I really thought Andrew might make bottom three, but after reading the post above about all the teen hits on a youtube vid of his, I can see where he is confident about his fan base. I was sad that experience left before another teen, but I think Lacey will find her stride and her place in the music scene.

IF the above spoiler about next week's theme is correct, then maybe Katie will find her youth. Maybe not, though, as when she sings her rich voice is made for an older vibe. We'll see.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread