+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789

Thread: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 9 *possible spoilers*

Re: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 9 *possible spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by pillbeam;3914633;
    I suspect Casey's votes went to Crystal, because they both perform in the same blue-eyed-soul/folky/guitar genre. I am a big Casey and Crystal fan.
    ---
    Well the vote for the worst vote went to Lee. They are calling him fugLee. And they are calling Crystal Pig Pen. Those guys are mean! I do have to admit that I did laugh when they depicted Casey as a goat.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

I love vote for the worst, they are funny. They are saying vote for Lee because "he hasn't been in tune in all season" and "Everybody Hurts When Lee Sings."
    ---
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

LOL! That's funny,

Incidentally, She lost DialIdol and it's not even close, but that might as well be the Worsters doing because they use that software diligently. Crystal wins in raw number of calls on all 3 lines while Lee wins in the busy calls in all 3 lines. But since DI scores based on the ratio of busy signals to actual votes, Lee wins.

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3914757;
    LOL! That's funny,

Incidentally, She lost DialIdol and it's not even close, but that might as well be the Worsters doing because they use that software diligently. Crystal wins in raw number of calls on all 3 lines while Lee wins in the busy calls in all 3 lines. But since DI scores based on the ratio of busy signals to actual votes, Lee wins.
    Crystal's fans use DI more than Lee's. The worsters wouldn't have a sort of skewing effect anyway. But they were outnumbered on dial idol.
    Looking at the geopredictions, it looks like Crystal won the most states. BUT in maybe 25 to 33% of the states that Crystal won, there was no data for Lee. Which means Crystal won them because Lee had a score of zero because there was no data. It is possible that Lee's data would have indicated that he won the state. Crystal had data for almost all the states Lee won. Interesting. Seems like the dial idol users really favored Crystal but America prefers Lee. The margin isn't too large. It is sort of close to the margin of error. So it could be a close race.
    In your face TYRA!

Well Ryan said that the difference between the two contestants was only 2% (although he didn't say how many total votes were cast....i'm guessing half of last year's). VoteforTheWorst might as well be that 2% difference. I think "America" in American Idol context is actually "tweeners". So America has voted and they decided that Lee is the winner.

Yea, they have to change the voting format, else these tweeners will dominate the voting. The real winner will never win. Limiting the votes to one per phone or even 10, will result to a real winner.

As for VFTW, I really think we should start a thread to counter their votes and call it VFTB (Vote for the Best). The problem is that we do no vote as one unlike them. Each one here has a favorite of their own. Worsters are like the mormons, they are a voting block, dedicated and are not allowed to split their votes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by jammyjoe;3916313;
    Well Ryan said that the difference between the two contestants was only 2% (although he didn't say how many total votes were cast....i'm guessing half of last year's)...
    What Ryan said was:

Let me tell you how tight this race has been over the course of the season. Coming in to the vote last night less than 2% separated the finalists.
    This is an incredibly ambiguous statement. So, is the 2% statistic the difference between all of the votes that have been cast for each contestant over the entire season? Is it the difference between their vote totals for Top Three night?

One thing that it cannot mean (unless Ryan screwed up the line and misspoke) is that Crystal and Lee's vote totals were only 2% apart in the Finale. Because Ryan prefaces the figure with "Coming in to the vote last night", i.e. before voting began on Tuesday night.

All of which is to say that the producers may have intended us to think that it was a photo finish race, but that is not, in fact, what was actually said.

What Ryan said was:

Quote:
    "Let me tell you how tight this race has been over the course of the season. Coming in to the vote last night less than 2% separated the finalists."

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3917494;
    This is an incredibly ambiguous statement. So, is the 2% statistic the difference between all of the votes that have been cast for each contestant over the entire season? Is it the difference between their vote totals for Top Three night?

One thing that it cannot mean (unless Ryan screwed up the line and misspoke) is that Crystal and Lee's vote totals were only 2% apart in the Finale. Because Ryan prefaces the figure with "Coming in to the vote last night", i.e. before voting began on Tuesday night.

All of which is to say that the producers may have intended us to think that it was a photo finish race, but that is not, in fact, what was actually said.
    Thanks for trying to decipher that comment again. It is surprising how many articles and other media have mis-stated it. I wonder if anyone has asked Ryan.

It was intentionally ambiguous. He did say "over the course of the season", but I'm starting to think it may have meant nothing at all and it was just to serve as a palliative for fans of the runner-up.

Also, at one point Ryan did use some version of his "what have you done" line as well, and with that I knew Lee had probably won.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3917494;
    What Ryan said was:

I thought the same thing when he said it. This is totally right! If I had to make a guess (I don't have to but I want to), I would guess that it was 2% over the entire season. You know they would have mentioned it sooner if it was 2% the week before the finale!
    In your face TYRA!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789