+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 9 *possible spoilers*

Re: DialIdol/Vote For the Worst Season 9 *possible spoilers*

jammyjoe,

Arkansas is a state of approximately 2.7 million folks. There is a huge swath of them that don't watch American Idol, & another whole chunk that don't vote even if they do watch. And don't forget, that there are also another huge chunk that uses phone companies other than AT&T so that lets them out of text voting even if they were so inclined. I just don't buy this article in any regard.

Don't know about the vote controversy, but if season 8 averaged around 20+ million viewers & not everyone votes how did they get 100 million votes for Adam & Kris? There must have been some tired fingers. Anyway it's over now & one his headlining his summer tour & one is an opening act, the fans have spoken!

Quote Originally Posted by lorac7;3906105;
    Don't know about the vote controversy, but if season 8 averaged around 20+ million viewers & not everyone votes how did they get 100 million votes for Adam & Kris? There must have been some tired fingers. Anyway it's over now & one his headlining his summer tour & one is an opening act, the fans have spoken!
    if everyone is power-texting the entire voting time and gets even close to the 3,000-5,000 votes claimed in the article/email/whatever, it would not take too many.

to receive 100,000,000 votes, if everyone power texts in 2,000 votes you only need 50,000 voters, or .25% of the average number of viewers.

i don't think many people are dedicated enough to power vote for 2 full hours.
    _(Moo!)

Frankly, I'd rather be the opening act for an established star if I'm just starting out in the business. That way you get exposure to people who would never even consider watching AI. You also presumably get backing and assistance from the established star and all their contacts.

In any case, who really cares who sells more records or sells out more shows. If a person is able to make a decent living doing what they love to do, to me that's the definition of success.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Even if you take the power-voting out of the equation, I donít think itís that much of a stretch to imagine 100 million votes from 23.8 million viewers (the official count for the performance finale). Thatís less than 5 votes per viewer. Of course, not everyone votes. But some vote dozens of times, some hundreds. Iím pretty sure I dialed in well over 100 times for my choice last year.

FORT Fogey

I'm hoping that Dial Idol can make a prediction before west coast voting begins. That way I won't have to vote! I'm saying I want green and red!
    Lee is the final vote for the worst pick. Their reason? He's barely sung a note in tune this entire season. Isn't that telling of what a horrible season this has been? When they don't have the opportunity to pick the guy who barely sings in tune until the final week? There were so many more to choose from.

FORT Fogey

Congrats to Lee Dewyze! Dial Idol predicts that Lee has beat Crystal Bowersox and is the winner of American Idol season 9. DI does not measure text votes. Will they make the difference? I hope not. West Coast voting ends soon and I don't think anything will change with this prediction.

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

This is going to be the first year since season 3 that I was really disappointed in who won.

FORT Fogey

Sorry, I don't buy it for a second. Last week every major Idol media outlet predicted a Lee win. They have almost all done a 180 since last night. DI is flying in the face of every other indicator. It would take a massive campaign of power texting Lee fans to hold back the movement of the casual voter last night to Crystal. And as hard as I have searched in the last couple of weeks, I don't see that level of organization anywhere in the "Lee Nation".
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 05-26-2010 at 10:48 AM.

I hope you are right, TopCat. If the vote spread indicated by DialIdol were smaller, I might take heart. But Dialidol has a wide spread for Lee, and Dialidol has always been correct about the Top 2 outcome (with unknown knowledge of text votes).

On the other hand, it would make no sense if Lee did win, because Crystal outsang him by miles, the judges praised Crystal, Lee tanked with his vocals and Simon told Lee that Lee "deserved to be there" (ie. Simon's classic "you've lost buddy" speech.).
    --

---
    Last edited by pillbeam; 05-26-2010 at 12:05 PM.
    "Tons of surprises, but it wouldn't be 'American Idol' without it, would it?" Cowell told MTV News. "At the end of the day, I could go out and find 12 great singers, but that's kind of boring. The fact that there's people there who shouldn't be there makes it 'American Idol.' "

+ Reply to Thread