+ Reply to Thread
Page 29 of 29 FirstFirst ... 1920212223242526272829

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3856928;
    I think you are going to LOVE X-Factor. It's all drama and cut-throat "Survivor" style strategy between the contestants and judges. With singing.

The only comment I have here is that since we (not the judges) decide who stays, we really don't know what's going to happen (example: last week's eliminations).

And of course good or bad performances are the biggest factor, but not the only factor on which people vote. But then, if a bad performance always sent someone home, that would make the show predictable, I guess.
    I don't mind contestant strategy. I don't like judge strategy.
    I know that we cannot know what is going to happen but I think we feel like we know. At least I feel like I know what is supposed to happen. That is what makes the show less enjoyable. Does that make sense?

I was just remembering an old SNL skit. I think it was Joe Piscopo doing Sinatra singing "Under my Thumb". I seem to remember it was a lounge-y version with him singing "The change has come (dramatic pause).... Thumb". I think I need to youtube that.
    Last edited by libgirl2; 03-17-2010 at 07:21 PM.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3857149;
    I was just remembering an old SNL skit. I think it was Joe Piscopo doing Sinatra singing "Under my Thumb". I seem to remember it was a lounge-y version with him singing "The change has come (dramatic pause).... Thumb". I think I need to youtube that.

That's too funny! I posted on Tim's thread that his performance was like something from SNL!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3856878;
    TC,

The feeling that I got with that crossfire between Simon and Ryan was that it was very, very scripted.
    This season is not overly exciting, overall, aside from a few performances. I think TPTB were just trying to once again make AI the topic of 'watercooler conversation.'
    Looks like you called it. From Adam Veary's on site report this morning in Entertainment Weekly:

Also intense: Ryan’s sudden decision to get up in Simon’s face about giving Big Mike some constructive criticism. After Simon quipped that the two would “sort this out in my trailer,” one of the drummers did a rimshot. And in case the confrontation wasn’t plainly artificial on camera, the moment we went to an ad break, Simon and Ryan quickly laughed about it and moved on.
    I feel so used.

YouTube - Joe Piscopo -- I Love Rock 'N Roll (Medley) -- 1982

"Thumb" its a rock n roll medley, about 3 or 4 songs in, around 1:35.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread