+ Reply to Thread
Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Re: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3856558;
    Siobhan was doing great and then she started SCREAMING - that was not singing at the end and it actually hurt my ears. I definitely fell into the category of people who Simon said would not like it.
    Thank you! I didn’t think her “power note” at the end was good either. My husband and I were cringing. We were surprised when the judges fawned all over her.

FORT Fan

Siobhan certainly had an interesting performance, but I am not a fan of her screaming. I preferred Crystal's steady professionalism instead.

Siohban! Love her.

But the note did fall apart towards the end. People can argue that it was appropriate for the feeling of the song as a whole, but IMO, she was losing it. Then again, Siohban is one of the few people that can even belt something like that.

As a whole, I was pleasantly surprised! The semifinals were disastrous, but the Top12 did well. A few misses, but my expectations were definitely met and exceeded.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

Quote Originally Posted by CrossingGuard;3856578;
    Siohban! Love her.

But the note did fall apart towards the end. People can argue that it was appropriate for the feeling of the song as a whole, but IMO, she was losing it. Then again, Siohban is one of the few people that can even belt something like that.

As a whole, I was pleasantly surprised! The semifinals were disastrous, but the Top12 did well. A few misses, but my expectations were definitely met and exceeded.
    I don't know if she was losing it or if it was intentional, but I took it that if you really are feeling the emotions in that song, you are probably not going to worry about shrieking in key.

I thought she was good and entertaining, but liked her better last week. I wouldn't rank her as #1 last night.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3856571;
    Thank you! I didn’t think her “power note” at the end was good either. My husband and I were cringing. We were surprised when the judges fawned all over her.
    That is exactly how we felt. I even said, "Oh,no...the judges are going to take her apart."

And when Randy raved, we were both like, "WHAA??"
    Ain't Love Grand!

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3856571;
    Her power notes at the end of her song impressed me more than that awful screaming just before it.
    "At the beach, life is different. Time doesn't move hour to hour but mood to moment. We live by the currents, plan by the tides, and follow the sun." - anonymous

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I was not impressed with the majority of them. But Casey and Shioban stood out for me. I will not be sad to see Michael and Andrew leave
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Regular

I've been looking for people's comments about Simon, and I'm sorry if I missed them and am being redundant, but....it's like he's on "nice medicine." Is it the new love in his life? I'm not complaining...yet (it may get boring after a while). His comments are now very much focused on trying to help the contestants - giving them good pieces of advice throughout.

I really love Crystal - so, so natural up there. I also think she is a class act...when Simon said that Sioban may have beat her last night, Crystal began to gush about how great she thought Sioban is.(I think so too, btw)

Quote Originally Posted by CharmOffensive;3856478;
    Siobhan is overrated. She has skill but being able to hit special notes doesn't make me want to buy her album. Look What I Can Do isn't convertible.
    ITA. It's a weak group this season and she stands out by default. I wasn't falling all over her performance of "Paint It Black". It's been covered many times and this wasn't anywhere near the most interesting version. The only performance I really enjoyed was Casey - nice rendition, sounded very much like Curtis Stigers.

I'm also getting tired of the judges tapping into their inner nice guy...and it's you I'm talking to, Simon Cowell. Tim Urban deserved the full force of Cowell's snark, as did Andrew Garcia. Lacey - still trying to figure out how she made it this far. Lee was boooring...Lee DeWyzzzzzz. Crystal and Big Mike were okay. I sure miss having Adam Lambert's performances to look forward to every week.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I sure miss having Adam Lambert's performances to look forward to every week.
    I was not a fan of Adam but even I said to my DH - even though I didn't like Adam - at least last year I knew there was one person who was going to try to entertain us. This year, we have a lot of singers but no performers. I am waiting to see who is going to step into that role - it might be Siobhan. With her voice - she could sing powerhouse ballads like Whiteney, Celline and Mariah but I can't ever see her taking that route with her career. I think it leaves me wondering what is her goal as an artist. What kind of record would she put out?

I'm also getting tired of the judges tapping into their inner nice guy...and it's you I'm talking to, Simon Cowell.
    I have been wondering about Simon as well - I think they are trying to make the show less about him in anticipation of his departure. I think they are trying to have Ryan be more the entertainment. Ellen is not as funny as I had expected and I am finding that she is just echoing almost everything Randy says. I think the idea of her being more the voice of the people is the route she should go but I think she is afraid to do it. Like she should say - if I were at home - you just gave me a chance to pop some popcorn. Or with that performance, someone at home came in the room who was singing. Or with that note - my dog ran out the doggie door. Those sort of comments would actually really help the contestants be performers and then leave the technical stuff to the others.
    Last edited by cape; 03-17-2010 at 01:02 PM.

+ Reply to Thread