+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 29 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Thanks to AI9 I will always know how to spell Siobhan. Happy St. Patrick's Day, by the way!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3856400;
    Irish Baby Girl Names N - Z

Siobhan "shiv + awn" Shevaun, Shavon, Chevonne

Siobhan is another Irish form of Joan meaning "God is gracious." A popular name in Ireland where the anglicised versions are often used. Siobhan McKenna, an Irish actress who died in 1986, was considered by many as a woman who personified all that was good about being Irish.
    Thank you.
    Her name is interesting....but I'm far too practical and OCD to name my child something that virtually everyone will be confused about.

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3856398;
    Off topic, I know, but I can't believe Mick was ever that young and un-craggy-faced. (I was around at the time to hear them sing this, but I forgot he was such a kid when they started out. Of course, I was pretty young then, too. )
    Well that was 40+ years and many drugs ago for the Stones.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3856159;
    One of my favorite Stones songs being slaughtered.

YouTube - Rolling Stones-Gimme Shelter
    I'm with you on that.
    I saw the Stones in concert in the 90's.
    It was an amazing performance of that song. The only thing I can say about Andrew's version is that he sang it in LA, as well.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3856407;
    Well that was 40+ years and many drugs ago for the Stones.
    Ain't that the truth. It didn't take many years for the debauchery to catch up, but he seemed to enjoy earning every last crag. And let's not even start on Keith Richards.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

Tim Urban is getting lots of Twitter love right now. He is not going home. Rats!

tonight show was awesome and it surprised me that they was all good with the exception of two of them.Even paige surprised me i mean she should have largentis more often to sound good like that with a rolling stone song.Didi did great siobhan did awesome wow i hope that they all including andrew goes to top 11 but lacey and tim either can go home for me cause they didnt shine as much as the others

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3856398;
    Off topic, I know, but I can't believe Mick was ever that young and un-craggy-faced. (I was around at the time to hear them sing this, but I forgot he was such a kid when they started out. Of course, I was pretty young then, too. )
    Too funny.

Actually, Mick was pretty cute and not at all craggy back in the day.
    There's an old movie of his that I just got to se a few years ago at a revival theater. Movie is "Performance". It's a pretty strange and different movie but Mick looks adorable.

On the other hand, Keith Richards has looked really craggy for probably the last 20 years.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

There are Cameras?!? Arielflies's Avatar

What was that - Texas Ballad night? Do you realize that six of the twelve are from Texas?

I thought the Rolling Stones put the ROCK in Rock and Roll. I don't know when I have heard their material turned into so many country type ballads. And the funky reggae experiment by Urban - forget it! Yes it was his style, but my goodness. I was ready to cry.

Anyway...I was waiting for that "ROCK" moment and it wasn't delivered...not even by Siobhan and she came the closest.

I voted for the three I will vote for until they are gone - and that is it.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 03-17-2010 at 02:10 AM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

FORT Fogey

Re: AI9 Spoilers

I was extremely bored tonight. Even my favs (Crystal and Siobhan) weren't at all interesting to me. Crystal's performance was good, but I think she only went half-way with her interpretation. it was too low key for what it could have/should have been. Same for Siobhan.

On the boys side...only Michael, Adrew, and Lee come close to doing anything for me at all and none were more than average.

But...I'm always disappointed when people try to sing Rolling Stones songs. IMO, no one can ever give their songs the emotion and attititude that Mick Jagger and his band did/do. IMO, there are some artists whose level no one will ever rise to. Mick and the Stones are one of them.

+ Reply to Thread