+ Reply to Thread
Page 24 of 29 FirstFirst ... 14151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3856377;
    Would you please explain how you came to this conclusion?
    She clearly has a impairment to cause her to speak and act that way. I've run across a few people with the same sort of thought and speaking patterns in a psychiatric office I used to volunteer in. It could be a learning deficit, a developmental problem, Asperger's, a very limited education... Another thing is she could be heavily medicated. One of the clients I worked with had schizophrenia and his medication caused him to speak similarly. I obviously cannot tell what impairment she has based on the clips they have shown.
    I feel badly when I don't appreciate her singing because she is at a disadvantage. Given what she is dealing with, she's probably doing great. I am sure she has some disadvantages in life. I'm not sure to what extent it affects her singing.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3856385;
    She clearly has a impairment to cause her to speak and act that way.
    Speak and act like what?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3856386;
    Speak and act like what?
    If you haven't noticed it, then I don't know what to tell you. Sorry. To me, it is quite obvious but I don't want to go into detail about how someone displays behavioral abnormalities. It just seems mean to point it out in detail. I think you'll understand why I don't want to elaborate further.

I personally see nothing at all strange,abnormal or different about the way she speaks or acts. I have not seen anyone else here comment on it nor have I seen anyone else comment on it in any article I've read or seen about her. Did you see this clip from the WB's High Drama?

High Drama: Watch Full Episodes on TheWB.com featuring American Idol Season 9 Contestant Siobhan Magnus!

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3856388;
    If you haven't noticed it, then I don't know what to tell you. Sorry. To me, it is quite obvious but I don't want to go into detail about how someone displays behavioral abnormalities. It just seems mean to point it out in detail. I think you'll understand why I don't want to elaborate further.
    I've noticed it.
    She has just seemed sort-of "off" to me and I can't put my finger on it.
    I wasn't thrilled with her performance tonight and when one of the judges said she reminded them of Adam, I guess that's why.
    I didn't like most of his performances last year. His style and her style are just too weird for me.
    And I do not like being screamed at.

Going home, to me, will be Lacy or Paige, tho I think Paige has a phenomenal voice, I don't think she has come across with much personality on stage.

ETA - Can someone tell me why a name that is spelled with a "b" is pronounced with a "v"??
    Last edited by french dip; 03-17-2010 at 12:56 AM.

On the flip side, maybe what we see of her on TV is just her personality, or her stage personality. Maybe she's acting.

I'm in a mental health-related field myself, and there is no way to accurately diagnose anyone as having a problem of some kind based off of a few minutes on TV every week. We have no way of knowing how they are normally, if they're putting on an act, etc.

Are there common signals for certain disorders? Yes, of course. But without actually knowing the person or knowing the person in greater detail, IMO, there's no way for us to know anything like that. Not saying you're diagnosing her, RLM, because you specifically said you have no way of knowing. I'm just saying that it's impossible to say she has an impairment in the first place based on how little we've seen her.

You know, Lacey might go home. She has gorgeous eyes, and an interesting voice, but way too pitchy most nights. She might have the smallest fan base out of the 12. Or, it could be Andrew.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3856105;
    Off topic, I know, but I can't believe Mick was ever that young and un-craggy-faced. (I was around at the time to hear them sing this, but I forgot he was such a kid when they started out. Of course, I was pretty young then, too. )
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Lacey - Ruby Tuesday - I thought she was out of tune/pitchy throughout the song. Very Distracting.

Andrew - Gimme Shelter - I didn't expect him to drive a tank onto the stage ... but I almost agreed with Kara. He didn't relate to the song.

Katie - Wild Horses - Out of tune

Tim - Under My Thumb - This drove me crazy. Do these kids look at the lyrics or do any research so they know what the heck they are singing about ? This song is "disdainful" of a girl who first dissed him and now he has her under HIS thumb for cryin'' out loud ! Yikes ! Don't get me wrong, I like Tim and almost want him to be the come back kid like Clay Aiken was a wonderful wild card ... but I have to give him a big Thumbs down
    on this one.

Siobhan - Paint it Black - The girl is amazing. This song is about intense grief, watching a funeral and contemplating suicide ... just by the way.

Lee - Beast of Burden - I liked this and him a lot. He does seem to swallow his words a little at times though.

Aaron - Angie - I think Mick Jagger was having an affair with someone named Angie who was another artist's (???) wife. He did a nice job, but, well, he looks so young and innocent it makes me smile some.

Crystal - You Can't Always Get What You Want - She didn't knock this one out of the park. The performance was great ... but my expectations were greater. Although really, so far, she can do no wrong in my book. Note: I think she needs a little glitzing from the wardrobe/makeup people. She doesn't look dirty, just almost too "working" casuaL
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by french dip;3856392;
    ETA - Can someone tell me why a name that is spelled with a "b" is pronounced with a "v"??
    Irish Baby Girl Names N - Z

Siobhan "shiv + awn" Shevaun, Shavon, Chevonne

Siobhan is another Irish form of Joan meaning "God is gracious." A popular name in Ireland where the anglicised versions are often used. Siobhan McKenna, an Irish actress who died in 1986, was considered by many as a woman who personified all that was good about being Irish.

+ Reply to Thread