+ Reply to Thread
Page 22 of 29 FirstFirst ... 121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Idol Fan

Re: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Aaron surprised me - that was good and finally stayed in his limits. I liked it.

As for Lee, though I listened with less attention and have to re-check, I was surprised I liked him more than usual. Still, found myself thinking that if this were in the beginning of the night, it would have been forgettable. That it was towards the end, I found myself liking him and the performance he gave on this, vocally.

Now, Paige shocked me. I've been wanting her long gone, and thought her terrible, but tonight she gave the first performance I really liked.

For me, Tim and Lacey and Katie are on the bottom. Please let's send Tim home!

Didi outperformed herself and was terrific!

Andrew deserved to stay after that performance! Liked it a lot, and like him!

For me, Siobhan is the Phenomen and Performance of the Night.

Love Crystal, but Siobhan is my #1 pick! Siobhan was the Best.

1. Crystal - Awesome, but she looks like she hasn't had a shower in weeks.
    2. Sioban - Great performance...besides the part where she started screaming in my ear.
    3. Didi - Flubbed the lyrics a bit, but other than that, I thought it was fantastic.
    4. Mike - The dancing sucked, but the singing was good.
    5. Aaron - Shocked by this...he's actually good this week? Ugh I hate to admit it, but I can't deny that I enjoyed it.
    6. Lee - Couldn't understand half of what he sang, but I still liked it.
    7. Paige - I expected to hate it, but that actually was pretty decent.
    8. Casey - The way he keeps looking at his guitar is so distracting. It was just OK for me, as Randy would say.
    9. Andrew - All a bit "meh" to me. Nothing special.
    10. Katie - That wasn't bad actually, by her standards anyway.
    11. Tim - Hey, he wasn't half-bad. Still terrible though.
    12. Lacey - Didn't really enjoy that at all.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by superfly;3856351;
    1. Crystal - Awesome, but she looks like she hasn't had a shower in weeks.
    2. Sioban - Great performance...besides the part where she started screaming in my ear.
    3. Didi - Flubbed the lyrics a bit, but other than that, I thought it was fantastic.
    4. Mike - The dancing sucked, but the singing was good.
    5. Aaron - Shocked by this...he's actually good this week? Ugh I hate to admit it, but I can't deny that I enjoyed it.
    6. Lee - Couldn't understand half of what he sang, but I still liked it.
    7. Paige - I expected to hate it, but that actually was pretty decent.
    8. Casey - The way he keeps looking at his guitar is so distracting. It was just OK for me, as Randy would say.
    9. Andrew - All a bit "meh" to me. Nothing special.
    10. Katie - That wasn't bad actually, by her standards anyway.
    11. Tim - Hey, he wasn't half-bad. Still terrible though.
    12. Lacey - Didn't really enjoy that at all.
    LMAO at bolded above!

FORT Fan

Crystal was good as always. I did not expect her the run around and rock the stage. She did not disappoint me.
    Siobhan gave another amazing performance.
    Paige finally brings on her vocals. Hope she keeps using the big voice.

Aaron, the little balladeer, did what I expected of him. Love this kid. Never disappoints.
    Big Mike, did not do as much as I expected, but can't say he was bad.
    Casey, good performance if you consider the guitar. Vocally not so much. He is really dropping down my list of favorites.

Katie wasn't bad. She always gets distracted, several times, in the middle of the song and loses the connection to the song which leads to technical errors.
    Tim Urban, can't help but like him for his humility. But I really wish that he would lose that nasal tone, open his throat fully and sing with all he has got.

Didi, a nice tone, with big limitations.
    Lacey sounded like she sang the whole song in a false voice. Just did not get it.
    And then there is Andrew. Tries so hard week after week but just can't seem to bring it. Time to send him home.

Watching on delay...

1.) Big Mike - hit it out of the park, IMO. People forget that The Stones are essentially R&B. That's the flavor Mike brought, even if Simon (and to a lesser degree Randy) didn't seem to get it.

2.) Didi - thankfully she again found a song that suits (even stupid Randy saw this). I can't forget how painfully annoying her first few weeks were, but the last two have been good. She's about 50% won me over. And surprisingly, Kara said something useful and non-idiotic. Amazing.

3.) Casey - Wah wah sob story. As to the actual performance? I suspect the fangirls will like it, but I hated it. His voice just isn't that good, and the performance was just too small. Simon caught that.

4.) Lacey - was a very cute kid. I wonder why she ditched her natural hair color--it really suited her. I know she's controvertial, but I like her. The Cyndi Lauper comparison for her voice is a good one. And what do you know? Simon gave actual PRACTICAL advice? Wow.

5.) Andrew - this one trick pony needs to go away.

6.) Princess Katie - Ick. She's a sweetheart. I get it. And in a technical sense her voice isn't THAT bad. But she's SO bland. So white bread boring.

7.) Tim - Last week he surprised me. This week, not so good. But there have been worse people on this show. He's also better spoken then most contestants. He defended his choice quite well.

8.) Siobahn - Amazing. This girl can do no wrong (well at least so far). Adorable. A great singer. REALLY knows herself and is comfortable with herself. And I dig her Hippie family, even though I loathe a lot of Hippies. And she LOOKED great. I agree with the general consensus that win or lose, this girl has "Star" painted in HUGE letters all over her. She draws in a crowd like Adam Lambert did (I actually said that to myself before I heard Kara say it).

9.) Lee - Almost anyone was going to seem boring after Siobahn. But that was GOOD. This is two solid weeks in a row for him. I liked it more than the judges. He's never going to have the pure effortless magnitism of someone like Siobahn. But he's a solid performer.

10.) Paige - Good... for her. But she's just not all that interesting. There's a million like her out there.

11.) Aaron - Why. Is. He. Here. Like with Paige, this was good FOR HIM. He conquered his nerves and that helped. But he's just not very interesting. He still comes off like a little boy standing up on the Big Boy Stage for the first time. Maybe the second time now, since he killed most of the trembling. But he's got zero charisma.

12.) Crystal - I hate that this season has both Crustal and Siobahn on it. Two girls, so totally different, but both So far outside the level of the rest of the cast. Only one can win. Then again, 2nd place people sometimes do okay on this show. I imagine Siobahn may be a little more cross-marketable. But Crystal is just authentic and musically accomplished. Her professionalism shows--she isn't some person coming into her talent, like this show likes to promote. She's already there.

It was a surprisingly good show (theme weeks around big groups usually are major fail--but this one wasn't).

Andrew, Casey, Katie, or Aaron--one of them needs to go and I'm not sure I care which. They all did better than average (for themselves) this week, but I know these are the ones I care least about and likely want to see trickle away over the next few weeks anyway. Paige and Tim are maybe close to that level, and Didi is only out of it now because I'm beginning to see the point of her. Together with Lacey and Lee, Didi forms a middle tier for the show, with Mike, Siobahn and Crystal just being WAY out of the league of the rest (Mike a bit less than the other two, but he's at least in spitting range).
    Last edited by Krom; 03-16-2010 at 11:04 PM.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

I guess I have been getting bored of this show the past few years. It is just that the judges make it so obvious who will make it far and who will not that I kind of feel like skipping the shows and watching the finale. It seems like the final results are already written in stone.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3856361;
    I guess I have been getting bored of this show the past few years. It is just that the judges make it so obvious who will make it far and who will not that I kind of feel like skipping the shows and watching the finale. It seems like the final results are already written in stone.
    They didn't quite get it right last year, and there may be some surprises this year, although I agree with them about the top two so far. You never can tell.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3856245;
    That was awful. Like Jermaine Sellers. That was horrible.
    I always feel bad when I say something bad about Siobhan because of her ... well, I don't know what it is. Lower intelligence or social disorder. I feel badly about it. Sorry.
    HUH??
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fan

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3856360;
    12.) Crystal - I hate that this season has both Crustal and Siobahn on it. Two girls, so totally different, but both So far outside the level of the rest of the cast. Only one can win. Then again, 2nd place people sometimes do okay on this show. I imagine Siobahn may be a little more cross-marketable. But Crystal is just authentic and musically accomplished. Her professionalism shows--she isn't some person coming into her talent, like this show likes to promote. She's already there.
    I like both of them. But i suspect Crystal will be the more consistant of the two.

Crystal's the consumate professional. Not as sponteneous or unique as Siobhan. But i can't see her doing a "bad" performance or dropping the ball anytime soon.

I would be okay with either of them as our AI Winner. I don't think Crystal is over the moon on winning anyway. She's just wants a bigger paycheck to support her kid in the years ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3856361;
    Well, it depends.

Do you want a show about twists, turns and drama, or do you want the actual best person to win?

I mean its hard to look at Crystal and Siobahn and then look at lets say... Aaron and Katie and believe they are even in the same contest, much less believe for even a second that the later two could somehow magically have a fairy godmother wave a wand and make them better than those first two. The "growth" thing happens on this show, sure, but a good portion of the talent of people like Crystal and Siobahn is too deeply seated for dramatic spin to overcome.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread