+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 29 FirstFirst ... 11121314151617181920212223242526272829 LastLast

Thread: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Idol Fan

Re: 3/16 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Running behind tonight, but here goes -

01 - Big Mike - Just O.K. for me. Good. Not great. Hate his doing high notes in that awful fake soprano, hated arrangement - weird for me, like his voice and performance. Not anything memorable.

02 - Didi- Now this was a shock - it was amazing! Loved it! I thought she sounded fantastic and for the first time in quite a while, won my vote. Really wowed me!

03- Casey - I'll have to state an unpopular opinion here. As much as I like Casey, and oh, I do, I did not like this. Not that I hated it, mind you; but I felt his voice was straining too much, whenever he'd try to get louder and belt it a tad, and his voice the rest of the time, was nowhere close to his best. Yes, a pleasant performance, I like him and want him staying, BUT, not his best. His best vocals only shine in ballads. I hate that they're steering him this way - sort of just another front man in a band. Still, he ought to get to stay after this.

04 Lacey - Sorry. For me, an old Stones fan, this was downright disgustingly weird and unpleasant. Absolutely hated this arrangement! Her voice is good, pretty much, but this was just horrible for me. And way too strange in a negative way.

05- Andrew Garcia - Liked it and like him, a lot! Imo, Andrew finally upped it and stepped up, himself, thankfully! While not close to perfect, it was a really good performance for me, and an improvement! Hope enough others agree. I really enjoy him! Liked it a lot! 3 Stars out of 5 above an A for me. So far, only Didi was better.

06 - Katie - Don't like start, good ending with her power notes, more, just Katie. OK, not fantastic, not awful. Didn't like it.

07- Tim Urban - Please send him home! For me, this was MuZak, in an elevator, with absolutely no feeling or connection, and the one positive I have shocks me - I actually liked the shrewd choice of Reggae for it and thought that alone came off good. Still, I can't stomach him staying, and this performance was ....completely soul-less and disconnected, while sounding, "nice"? Ugh.

08 - Siobhan - Utterly Phenomenal!!!! TOP of the Night! I totally LOVE this girl and her Outstanding Voice & Amazing Performance! Simply Fantastic! 6 stars out of 5! A++++++
    BEST of them all!

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by quentcomps;3856325;
    Cut Didi or Tim, maybe Andrew (based on tonight's performances). Also, does anyone agree with me that Crystal is oversold? (Anyone?)
    No agreement from me. I may have simply watched AI too much but, honestly, if it weren't for her, I don't think I'd watch. I really enjoy her. Now, Siobhan is the one that I don't quite get. I try to like her but just don't.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Ancient City;3856327;
    Weakest of night? I say Didi & Tim.
    Much as Didi grates on my last nerve, I think Lacey actually underperformed her tonight and has entered Tim territory.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't see 'cocky' in Crystal; I saw introspection.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3856329;
    So what Stones song will they perform for the group sing tomorrow?
    Satisfaction? Brown Sugar?

I can't wait.

Yeah, I didn't think she talked back at all. I think she was trying to point out that there was no way she considered herself a front runner. I think it wasn't her best performance, but I'm sure she'll stay.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3856331;
    Hey, Bo Bice commercial here for someplace called "Moe's". Are you all seeing this?
    Didn't see the commercial, but I ate at Moe's for the first time last week, even though it's been down the street for about 4 years. Great food!

I'm fine with Lacey going, too. Didi just doesn't seem to have any range. Lacey has a little spunk. IMHO, of course.
    Down where the old Gators play. . .

I liked Lacy on the verses of "Ruby Tuesday," but she should have punched it up on the chorus. Re: Crystal--she's obviously not going anywhere. But that has to be false modesty--no way she's not feeling how she's being built up.

Loved Michael, Aarron, Lee, and Crystal.

Liked Didi and Andrew.

Did not like anyone else. Siobhan was straining and almost screaming to me. I usually love her, but not this week.
    Ain't Love Grand!

+ Reply to Thread