Closed Thread
Page 63 of 68 FirstFirst ... 1353545556575859606162636465666768 LastLast

Thread: AI9: Prediction Game

Re: AI9: Prediction Game

LEE all the way....
    My daughter was at Nokia last night and said 95% people had signs for Lee and way louder screams....
    Yes Crystal won the night....but LEE is the next American Idol........

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3914520;
    for some reason the general population chooses male singers over female, looks DO play a part in the crowning of the winner, and Lee is marketable and what is familiar. Therefore, Lee gets the votes...Lee gets the win!

I'd say this is true if there weren't such idol winners as Ruben, Fantasia, and Taylor Hicks
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fan

Darn, I forgot to play last week. This week, gotta go with Lee for the win.

I think the momentum's been going his way the last few weeks, regardless of a so-so performance last night.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3914520;
    ...looks DO play a part in the crowning of the winner, and Lee is marketable and what is familiar. Therefore, Lee gets the votes...Lee gets the win!
    How does Lee get points in the "looks" department when even with a personal stylist and a clothing budget he still dresses like a paint salesman taking his girlfriend out to the Olive Garden?

Don't mind me; I'm just grumpy.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3914704;
    How does Lee get points in the "looks" department when even with a personal stylist and a clothing budget he still dresses like a paint salesman taking his girlfriend out to the Olive Garden?

LOL TopCat @ being grumpy, so am I

BUT, Crystal wasn't dressed much better & hasn't been during the season
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by combatcutie;3914708;
    ...BUT, Crystal wasn't dressed much better & hasn't been during the season
    OK - that almost backless satin dress with the ruffles that she wore coming down the stairs was a disaster. Even I can't defend that one!

But I liked her other outfits - and all of them said "This is the Nokia Theater - I'm going to step it up!". Heck she wore a diamond necklace, for heaven's sake!

I would have like to have seen some "stepping up" on Lee's part. He has worn jeans every single week! Even for Sinatra when he had a tie and formal jacket on.

Last year was so much better for men's fashion. Of course, Adam is in his own category - no fair comparing anyone to him (and all the extra $$$$ he spent on clothes.) But even Kris, Anoop, and Matt cleaned up their looks during the season. Lee still looks like he shops at Sears.

Which has nothing to do with singing. But, you notice these things on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3914744;
    OK - that almost backless satin dress with the ruffles that she wore coming down the stairs was a disaster. Even I can't defend that one!

But I liked her other outfits - and all of them said "This is the Nokia Theater - I'm going to step it up!". Heck she wore a diamond necklace, for heaven's sake!

I would have like to have seen some "stepping up" on Lee's part. He has worn jeans every single week! Even for Sinatra when he had a tie and formal jacket on.

Last year was so much better for men's fashion. Of course, Adam is in his own category - no fair comparing anyone to him (and all the extra $$$$ he spent on clothes.) But even Kris, Anoop, and Matt cleaned up their looks during the season. Lee still looks like he shops at Sears.

Which has nothing to do with singing. But, you notice these things on TV.
    Needless to say that this season has been lackluster for talent, stage presence, & fashion

I'm changing my prediction. I have done the research and looked at polls. Lee has taken most of the votes from Casey, Michael, and all other male contestants who has been dominating most of AI Seasons. He has the momentum. Crystal should be the winner and deserving of the crown but the Lee juggernaut will just be too much for her....I concede to the screaming girly tweeners.

The winner...though less deserving and got trounced last night....is LEE.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3914704;

I guess "looks" is a very broad topic...he has the casual cool going on, Crystal still the hippee funk going on (not that I mind)...but to the general populus...Lee seems to have the look

I'd say this is true if there weren't such idol winners as Ruben, Fantasia, and Taylor Hicks
    Rueben, to me, isn't so unordinary as he was an R & B singer type. I think that Fantasia and Taylor were two that were the "unususal" suspect type. I just don't and both have proved that there is not much staying power in there particular styles.

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3914773;
    Rueben, to me, isn't so unordinary as he was an R & B singer type. I think that Fantasia and Taylor were two that were the "unususal" suspect type. I just don't and both have proved that there is not much staying power in there particular styles.
    They might not be selling out arenas, but they're still doing okay. Success, to me, is being able to do what you love and make a comfortable living doing it.
    If you have men who will exclude any of God's creatures from the shelter of compassion and pity you will have men who will deal likewise with their fellow men. - St. Francis of Assisi

Closed Thread