+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 89101112131415161718

Thread: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

sdl

Re: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by VAgirl79;3854129;
    I think this guy is being incredibly generous. I can think of about 10 singers I was in HS choir with many years ago who were totally inexperienced save for choir, and still sounded a heck of a lot better than this lot.

It's sad when watching Idol has become what feels like an obligation to me more than an enjoyment.
    Your last sentence is so dead on.
    I watch the show because it's one of my top 3 or 4 and it's a habit. But the truth is that if I never saw any of the contestants again, it wouldn't matter at all.
    In every other season, I've had a favorite from the very first week, as well as several others I looked forward to hearing.
    This season, I actually fell asleep during the second hour of the show one night.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3854161;
    Huh??? I thought they all already made Top 12. Maybe I misunderstood the question.
    I'm sorry...I meant "who will make the Top 10?"...lol.

I always have thought it is a much bigger deal to make top 10 than top 12 - I mean the tour is the big prize for most of them. I think being number 11 would really suck!

It's sad when watching Idol has become what feels like an obligation to me more than an enjoyment

And I am with Vagirl & SDL....i feel the same way!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3854162;
    Your last sentence is so dead on.
    I watch the show because it's one of my top 3 or 4 and it's a habit. But the truth is that if I never saw any of the contestants again, it wouldn't matter at all.
    In every other season, I've had a favorite from the very first week, as well as several others I looked forward to hearing.
    This season, I actually fell asleep during the second hour of the show one night.
    I feel the same way. In past season's I've been so into it, I not only knew who all the contestants were, I knew what each of them sang which week. And pretty much had a favorite or two picked out in the first week or two. This season, I read the name and think who? I basically am only watching now out because of (1) habit, (2) nothing else on worth watching, and (3) hope to heck it gets better or someone impresses me to become a favorite.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Quote Originally Posted by Misty8723;3854490;
    I basically am only watching now out because of (1) habit, (2) nothing else on worth watching, and (3) hope to heck it gets better or someone impresses me to become a favorite.
    I know, I feel the same way. It just doesn't feel the same. I felt like this during the Jordin year though and it did improve after that.....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread