+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by RealityLovesMe;3853614;
    I think Lilly went home because of Crystal. Everyone seemed to like both Lilly and Crystal but they liked Crystal better. Lilly was usually the number 2 girl. You have to be number one to get votes. That happens often on this show.

I had said that the less traditional (ala not a diva or a precocious 16 year old) females, ex. Crystal, Siobhan, Lilly, Katelyn would more then likely split alot of the vote.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3853520;
    I'm sure it's got to be devastating to the contestants when they do get cut. However, I was really put off by Lily last night. I certainly empathized with her. But, to blame it on the audience like she did was basically just a slap in the face to people who voted for others in this competition. I think she should have been more gracious about it. Her comments just made her look arrogant.
    Yes - and she just kept piling it on today.

"My voting demographic was probably more of the underground scene who probably doesn't even own a TV," she said. "And if they do, they're probably out riding their bike. Or doing something more productive than watching TV, let alone American Idol."
    Lilly Scott wanted to get 'Nude' on 'American Idol' - Idol Chatter: American Idol News, Rumors, & Information

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3853685;
    Yes - and she just kept piling it on today.

Quote:
    "My voting demographic was probably more of the underground scene who probably doesn't even own a TV," she said. "And if they do, they're probably out riding their bike. Or doing something more productive than watching TV, let alone American Idol."
    ...or having their hair done to look like the Bride of Frankenstein.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3853687;
    ...or having their hair done to look like the Bride of Frankenstein.
    or passing around the bong.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3853625;
    [/B]

I really like Crystal, but I didn't care for Lily.
    IMO, Crystal has an amazing voice. Lily became a one trick pony for me very quickly. I thought she started out OK with a folksy, bluesy, jazzy sort of vibe. The problem is, for me at least, she really didn't distinguish herself when she needed to. And, if you're going to do Patsy Cline, it may not be a good idea to do it in a gosh, golly, Megan Joy 'caw caw' kind of way. I know, for me, it brought back some bad memories that were best left buried.
    Nobody should try to do Patsy Cline, Michael Jackson, Aretha Franklin, Whitney Houston, Marvin Gaye, or any other artist who's voices are so perfect and the songs so distinct that no matter what they do, they will suck because they'll never be as good as the original.
    Here's are the secrets to success that I observed during David Cook's season:
    a) Men should sing good songs popularized by women - that way they aren't compared or dismissed as karaoke...they made it their own
    b) Start in the low range, dim lights, and then bust it open, ending big - it's like a boxer who lays on the ropes until the last 30 seconds, and then goes wild stealing the round
    Exception to the rule: do not try this with Genie in a Bottle

FORT Fogey

Wow! What an ego!!!

I just read the USA Today article/interview with Lilly,

'Idol' finalist Lilly Scott: 'My fan base just wasn't there' - USATODAY.com

and if confidence is what it takes to make it big in the music industry, then this girl should rule the world soon! She basically slams her fellow contestants ("watching certain people make it into the top 12 that kind of haven't done so well in the past weeks"), the voting public, and previous Idol participants and uses her "indie" vibe as her excuse for not garnering enough support to make Top 12. I wonder how she explains the popularity of Crystal and Didi and the other indie-types remaining....

Honestly, I am shocked by this gal!

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3853685;
    Wow--talk about biting the hand that feeds you. She'd still be a nameless nobody if AI hadn't picked her for the top 24. As I mentioned earlier, we watched the show live last night so my DH listened to it as he did work-- and when Lilly sang, he groaned and said WTH was she thinking with that song?? And this was before he even looked up from his computer, so, for him, it had nothing to do with her 'look.' I liked her but could've taken or left her. But now, after her comments, well, let's just forget about her and move on. I'm sure she'll come up with some other excuse as to why people aren't buying her music. LOL!
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3853712;

Exception to the rule: do not try this with Genie in a Bottle
    Seriously... A GUY sang Genie In A Bottle???? Seriously??? Happy I stopped watching this show.

Oh good Lord. The "my fans don't own TVs" thing just nailed her as the archetypal ridiculous hipster. She is so completely gross.

I present these links as evidence:

Area Man Constantly Mentioning He Doesn't Own A Television | The Onion - America's Finest News Source

10 Ways to Spot a Hipster

FORT Fogey

"...so I can still keep my indie cred and do my own thing without having the American Idol label over my head."

'Idol' finalist Lilly Scott: 'My fan base just wasn't there' - USATODAY.com
    Those kind of remarks bug me. It's kind of like reverse snobbery.

+ Reply to Thread