+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 18 FirstFirst ... 3456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

frankly If the Judges would just let them sing and not give them such wishy washy critique maybe the season would be better. They tell them to "be original" and when they do it they hate it. They tell them to just sing the song. When they do it, then they get " you should have made it your own."

I have never seen such half witted advice given as they have done this season.
    Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere.
    Martin Luther King, Jr.

FORT Fan

The Producers better pray Crystal is in good health for the rest of the competition. Can you imagine what would happen if they reach the Quarter Finals and Crystal gets disqualified for another ill health reason?

OMG! Lilly getting eliminated was a shocker. I thought it was Lacey. Then when it was between Lilly and Katie, I thought for sure it was Katie going home. Also I wanted Paige and Katelyn to go home but when Ryan put them together on stage it meant only one of them was going home and I was glad it was Katelyn. She was just too karaoke and lounge act material. Paige has the better voice. Lilly is actually my favorite of the group and she got the boot. That was so sad. I actually voted using DI for Lilly, Paige and Lacey so Katelyn would get eliminated. I got my wish but in hindsight, maybe I should have given all my votes to Lilly. Lilly was in the pimp spot too so I really thought she would be safe.

As for Alex, I really thought it was going to be Aaron or, to a lesser degree, Tim going home. Alex has the better voice of those two but he was just too stiff and nervous on stage that people can't get compelled to vote for him. Interestingly, they put Andrew and Alex as the last two instead of Aaron and Alex. On the 1st group of guys they put Lee and Todrick when it would have been more suspenseful if they put the underdog Tim against Todrick. I think that Andrew, Lee, Todrick, and Alex were the 4 lowest vote getters (Tim as the 5th) for the guys while Lilly, Paige, Katelyn, and Katie are the lowest vote getters for the girls thats why they were called up on stage together to go up against each other.

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3853196;
    Add Jennifer Hudson.

Also of note is Clay Aiken who has done remarkably well. I also heard that Taylor Hicks is travelling with "Grease" and also doing well.

ETA: Also ... Justin Guarini and Kimberly Caldwell have themselves a pretty good gig on the TV Guide Network.
    Clay was doing well until he decided to have a baby with his producer/best friend/mother-figure. That turned a lot of people off. Weird is all I got for that.
    I won't get into the lying for 4 years about being gay thing.....

Anyway, he's taping a PBS special this Saturday to promote his new CD of.....yes, you guessed it....cover songs.
    That producer/baby mama is fantastic!! And she's David Foster's sister, so I guess his talented genes didn't spread through the family tree.

Anyway....Completely shocked and pi$$ed that Lily is gone! Wrong....just wrong!

It could have been a great Top 12

Lilly

Alex
    Last edited by OriginalSinner; 03-12-2010 at 05:28 AM.

I, for one, am really sad that Alex went home. I loved his voice. I wonder if Ellen or other behind the scenes people ever lend a helping hand to contestants like him who really do have talent but go too early.
    As for past contestants who have done well, I'm suprised nobody has mentioned Adam Lambert, even though he was just last season. He has been very high-profile, performed on awards shows, has a lot of respect in the business.
    Also to see the glass half-full in regards to Clay - he set up a huge organization for autistic children, was an ambassador for UNICEF, and has done a lot of other stuff to use his brief fame for good. Like him/his lifestyle or not, but I don't know who else from the show has done that other than the ones the show has sent to promote their Idol Gives Back segments.
    Count your blessings!

With Lilly, Didi, and Lacey having the same singing style, I was hoping Lacey would get the boot, since I preferred Lilly and Didi over her. So yeah, I'm disappointed, definitely.

But I'm devastated that Katelyn got the boot. She deserved a spot in the Top12, for sure. And even if she made it over Paige, I would have been happy, since I'm not going to deny that Katelyn has had a better track record. Admittedly, one of the main reasons why I like Paige is because she has been able to build a fanbase on her own. I love it when the invisible beat the pimped. I have hope that she'll perform better on the big stage though. Anyway, I still feel Katelyn should have gotten in over the likes of Lacey. Oh, and Katie. Did not want to see her make it.

As for the guys, it was so sad to see Alex break down. I think he should have made it over Tim. I had a feeling his chances were slim though.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

I'm just not all that into this season as I've been in the past. Although I do find it interesting that those with the most potential during auditions have seemed to tank during the life performances (Casey, Andrew, Katie, Paige) while those that didn't seem to do that good or got very little attention are doing really good out there.

I was sad to see Lily go, she was the one female that I looked forward to every week because she was so "unusual" and I just enjoyed the sound of her voice and personality. Crystal, I want to pull for her but she does not look well at all and I'm not sure she will make it through the whole season. So that leaves Siobhan as my favorite female. Paige, Katie, Lacey should have gone home. Yes, I know that only two went home but I would have been fine with all three of them leaving.

I was also sad to see Alex go because I thought he was really good. Funnily enough while he was performing I told my husband "If you close your eyes and listen to him, he's really good but when you open your eyes he is a mess and the teens won't vote for him because he's so goofy looking". I totally called both him and Todrick going home for the same reasons, they didn't have that "oomph" that appeals to the young power voters.

I also knew that Katelyn would be going home because of her looks, she was simply too pretty and many voters (especially the female ones) are extremely petty when it comes to beautiful contestants. We see it all the time on SYTYCD, a really pretty dancer is disliked and we are all left scratching our heads and trying to figure out why when she's a great dancer and then it clicks...it's because she's so pretty. Not saying at all that anybody here does that but it definitely happens.

Lily was the only one I didn't see coming, I fully expected her to be standing next to Crystal and Siobhan as the final three girls.

And one final note about Andrew and Casey, I was pulling for them hard after their auditions but they have completely failed to live up to their hype in the performance shows so I'm over them. They can both go home now, they could have gone home last night and I would have been perfectly fine with that. Talk about blowing a great opportunity, both of them have been a huge disappointment.

Oh and am I the only one who doesn't quiet get the Michael love? He was better than normal this week but I'm not really getting why the judges are falling over him, maybe it's because they are afraid he will hug them again?

Quote Originally Posted by echo226;3853196;
    Add Jennifer Hudson.

Also of note is Clay Aiken who has done remarkably well. I also heard that Taylor Hicks is travelling with "Grease" and also doing well.

ETA: Also ... Justin Guarini and Kimberly Caldwell have themselves a pretty good gig on the TV Guide Network.
    Diana DeGarmo has had multiple gigs on Broadway & just in the past couple of weeks both she & Ace Young began new stints in Hair.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3853228;
    frankly If the Judges would just let them sing and not give them such wishy washy critique maybe the season would be better. They tell them to "be original" and when they do it they hate it. They tell them to just sing the song. When they do it, then they get " you should have made it your own."

I have never seen such half witted advice given as they have done this season.
    I remember it differently. It seems to have always been this way. For me, the judges & most notably Simon are now & have always been the worst & most inconsistant part of this show.

+ Reply to Thread