+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

I am shocked about Lilly! Truthfully, I never cared either way for Kaitlyn, but was still surprised she left. It should have been Katie & Paige, imo.

And I am not surprised Todrick is gone. I felt bad for Alex. But truthfully, other than Mike, none of the guys are all that great. None of them come close to Matt Giraud singing tonight.

I think being #11 & #12 is the toughest, knowing you just missed the tour.

I think Crystal stopped smiling - I am sure she reads the internet, and sees what people say about her smile. I felt sad for her tonight - she doesn't seem to be enjoying herself at all.
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

At least I don't have to watch that mullethead any more! I can't believe how bad this season is. At this point I don't care who wins!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3853171;
    Speaking of Idol winners and platinum records - congrats to Kris Allen. Live Like We're Dying was certified platinum this week.
    Way to go, Kris!

I was finally able to download itunes after a year of trying and repeated failed attempts. Is the song Kris and Adam did for the Ford commercial last year (I Will Remember You) a full song that was on itunes, or was it just the snippet for the commercial? I really liked that and would like to download it.

I was surprised Kaitlyn went home tonight - I realized how gorgeous she is and the camera loves her in the exit video - I think we will see her doing acting or modeling soon!

I knew Katie had to be staying once Kaitlyn was out - she is the only girl that would appeal to the younger teens. She might be in trouble next week when they give their voting power to the cute boys.

I was happy with the two guys who left. Todrick is a mess - I think Simon is right that he would excel on Broadway. I also think Alex was just too scared to be up there. He looked like a deer in headlights. Last night I saw him starting to let it go but I am not sure how long it will take him to get comfortable.

And now - I am going to be the lone voice for Tim Urban. He clearly SUCKED in week one - but he has really improved - if you listen to him from the first week to last night - you can REALLY see the improvement. I figure he is now where everyone else was week one of the competition. Everyone else had been living in Hollywood - working on their stuff with vocal coaches, doing photo shoots, whatever they do before the show starts. But Tim was back home doing his thing until ONE WEEK before the show went live - so he has one week to pack up and get to LA, work with vocal coaches, get the lay of the land, do his promotional photo shoots and was learning a group number too. That's a lot in one week. He had to have been exhausted and overwhelmed. If Tim had sung as well as he did last night in week one - there would be a very different perception of him. It is not his fault that Chris GoLightly was kicked out of the competition and he was called in at the last minute and he really wasn't given the same prep time as everyone else. In addition - he really was struggling with everyone knowing he wasn't one of the original choices to make the top 24. That's a lot of pressure on someone. But now I think he has confidence, has learned the ropes and will continue to get better.

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3853157;
    Truth be told, being an AI Winner doesn't mean that much anyway. Besides the exposure.

The only AI Alumnni (in my view) that have done really well are Carrie, Kelly and Chris Daughtry.

Where's Vonzell Solomon or Anthony Federov these days? Most of these Finalists will just drop off the map anyway.

Hope Crystal gets her Record Album though. She and her kid needs it.
    Add Jennifer Hudson.

Also of note is Clay Aiken who has done remarkably well. I also heard that Taylor Hicks is travelling with "Grease" and also doing well.

ETA: Also ... Justin Guarini and Kimberly Caldwell have themselves a pretty good gig on the TV Guide Network.
    Last edited by echo226; 03-12-2010 at 12:24 AM.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3853157;
    Truth be told, being an AI Winner doesn't mean that much anyway. Besides the exposure.

The only AI Alumnni (in my view) that have done really well are Carrie, Kelly and Chris Daughtry.

Where's Vonzell Solomon or Anthony Federov these days? Most of these Finalists will just drop off the map anyway.

Hope Crystal gets her Record Album though. She and her kid needs it.
    Evidently Crystal was in Chicago for a while and sat in with a number of artists & musicians. All who worked with her were very sorry to see her leave Chicago and say she is a major talent.

She reminds me of Janis Joplin in a number of ways. I hope she makes it big.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Actually, while its not quite the same as being the next Kelly or Carrie, a decent number of ex-Idolers get stage musical work. I believe about a half dozen have gotten to Broadway, and at least another half dozen on top of that have gotten on National Touring companies of major shows.

Really, considering that many of them would be lucky to be playing in Coffeehouses otherwise, that's not too bad. It may not be stardom for some of them, but at least its a career--and thanks to Idol.

Of course there are only SO many Touring Companies of musicals. Only so many which make it to Broadway. As more and more ex-Idolers pile up in the franchise, there will certainly be a growing percentage who are lucky to get work as lounge singers at a Hilton post-show. Add the extra detritus from "America's Got Talent" and Simon's inevitable American version of "The X Factor"? It's gonna get messy, obviously.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fan

I guess thats true. The AI Contestants get their 15mins of fame and a small recording or singing career. It's better than nothing I suppose.

I also wish people would stop saying that this is "The Worst 12 Ever". Didn't we say that about last year and the year before that?

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3853204;
    I also wish people would stop saying that this is "The Worst 12 Ever". Didn't we say that about last year and the year before that?
    Unfortunately, for me the show continues to out do itself in terms of awful Top 12s. Although Seasons 7 & 8 weren't as bad for me as Season 6 was. I've thankfully managed to block most of that out.

Season 5 was the peak of AI for me. All went downhill from there, although I have enjoyed a handful of various people the last three seasons as well.

And cape, I agree with you. Tim didn't have the prep time the others did at all. I've pretty much given him a pass on his week 1 semi-finals performance and am not considering that when deciding what I think of him as a singer.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3853204;
    I guess thats true. The AI Contestants get their 15mins of fame and a small recording or singing career. It's better than nothing I suppose.

The short answer, from my limited perspective, is no.
    There are some people left in the top 12 that I'm surprised made it through Hollywood week (Paige, that 16 year old dorky guy, and the dude with the hair combed as close to his face as possible).
    There are also some people who are pretty good, but no superstars.
    So this IS the worst 12 I can ever remember.
    Having said that, I still like Big Mike, Crystal, and Siobahn. There are several cute girls (the one with the crazy red hair and the 16 year old who is terrified).
    I just hope Crystal gets whatever she needs to put some color in those cheeks....I felt tonight that she should have been strapped into her stool.

+ Reply to Thread