+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 18 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

Truth be told, being an AI Winner doesn't mean that much anyway. Besides the exposure.

The only AI Alumnni (in my view) that have done really well are Carrie, Kelly and Chris Daughtry.

Where's Vonzell Solomon or Anthony Federov these days? Most of these Finalists will just drop off the map anyway.

Hope Crystal gets her Record Album though. She and her kid needs it.

I'm very bummed that Katie is in over Katelyn or Lily. Or that Paige is still in the game after last week. Wow. I wonder what the vote tally was. And Andrew is still in???!!! Talk about one trick pony.

I think emotions were running high tonight. This was a major turning point in the contest and it's probably getting extremely real for them. They're oh so close to being on tour. They're handling their emotions differently - Siobhan was crying almost from the beginning, as was Katie (but Katie was crying more about her potential for leaving , I think), and others looked like they were more in shock.

I don't think we should always think that Crystal's health is always a factor. I'm not diminishing it at all, but I just think that she wouldn't use it as a crutch, and blame a poor performance on her blood sugar levels. Just a guess. I noticed how flushed her cheeks were at one point in the program and it reminded me of my brother, who always gets flushed when he's trying to stuff his emotions (funerals, etc). So I think she's trying really hard to keep it together.

Looking forward to next week. Only 1 person leaves, right? Which makes the following week another turning point because it's for a place on the tour.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3852920;
    So many bad singers - and only four slots to shove them into.
    Couldn't agree more!

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3853157;
    Truth be told, being an AI Winner doesn't mean that much anyway. Besides the exposure.

The only AI Alumnni (in my view) that have done really well are Carrie, Kelly and Chris Daughtry.

Where's Vonzell Solomon or Anthony Federov these days? Most of these Finalists will just drop off the map anyway.

I think some of them end up doing broadway... Clay did really well in Spamalot....

and look at Jennifer Hudson... Oscar.... grammy....brought up as one to aspire to on Idol.... say no more....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Kellie Pickler is doing okay for herself also.

FORT Fan

Yes. But what i mean that they are not automatically going to be platinum selling Artists if they win this. The Show is more valuable in providing valuable exposure to new talent.

The vast majority of the contestants. Especially those outside the Top 6 of their season will most likely drop off the map. They'll get a small Record Deal at best.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3853169;
    Yes. But what i mean that they are not automatically going to be platinum selling Artists if they win this. The Show is more valuable in providing valuable exposure to new talent.
    Speaking of Idol winners and platinum records - congrats to Kris Allen. Live Like We're Dying was certified platinum this week.

FORT Regular

Paige and Tim's survival may well be a result of the voting site that shall not be named!! Hope it doesnt mean they'll hang on through the top ten.

Quote Originally Posted by felix;3853157;

You forgot Jennifer Hudson. She tops all the AI alumni with her Oscar.

Katie and Aaron staying? That's crazy talk!

Paige staying is a bit nutty too.

Alex going is good news, at least.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

+ Reply to Thread