+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 18 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 LastLast

Thread: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

Re: 3/11 Results Show *Spoilers*

I just finished reading the thread for tonight's show as I missed the broadcast.

I'm surprised that Katelyn and Todd got the boot. Lily did turn out to be a one-trick pony, unfortunately. Alex was just too horrified to go on, frankly.

Really now, Tim Urban needed to go instead of Toddrick...Toddrick could at least carry a tune yet the judges always judged him harshly.

Lacey should have gone home::she must have more of a following than I thought. Although her performance this week was her best so far.

Maybe I should check the sound on my TV as what I'm hearing doesn't seem to be the same as the judges or the voting contingency.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3852920;
    So many bad singers - and only four slots to shove them into.
    My thoughts exactly. I'm incredibly depressed that we now move into only getting rid of 1 per week. As it was, 4 per week was not enough.

Happy Todrick went home. Horrified that Paige made it over Katelyn. Lilly should've stayed over Katie IMO, but I don't particularly care about either of them, so I'm not all that upset. Disgusted that Gokey Part 2 (Garcia) is staying around awhile, particularly at the expense of Alex. Again, I don't like Alex's singing, but he is a technically good singer. Such a shame. The only people left whom I even remotely enjoy listening to are: Crystal and Siobhan; and to a lesser extent: DiDi, Lee, and (*gasp*!) Tim. Can't see myself buying any of their albums though. They just don't seem to be anything extraordinary... maybe they will change my mind, however. I haven't even voted at all this season. First time that's ever happened.

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3853013;
    This season is kind of sad, isn't it? I meant think of the Taylor season... the talent.. Chris... Elliot... Kellie... Bucky.... Cat.... while not a Taylor fan he was so much better then these contestants (at least the men). I am feeling a bit ripped off this season!
    Season 5, hands down, had the greatest number of enjoyable contestants for me. Elliott was fabulous and remains one of my all-time faves. I found Chris to be smug and arrogant, but have enjoyed his music since then. Kat could be very good. Loved Bucky. Loved Mandissa. Liked Lisa, despite her age. Taylor himself was no vocal task master, but the guy could perform.

In contrast, this season makes Ace and Kellie (both of whom I loathed) seem like the second coming of Frank Sinatra and Loretta Lynn.

FORT Fan

Katelyn and Lilly deserved to stay. Sad to see them go. Lacey came back this week with a good performance that must have saved her. Don't understand how Paige survived three weeks of disastrous performance. Hopefully Paige will puff off a big song next week (Mariah Carey or Celine or Whitney) to keep her in the game. Katie is a sweet girl but not that good of a singer. Surprised she stayed too. I am guessing that the differences between the bottom votes must be very small.

Among the boys, it is a wonder how Andrew Garcia is still riding on that one Paula song even after so many disasters. Tim Urban probably got all the sympathy votes. Todrick should have stayed over Andrew and Tim. Alex Lambert has a nice tone and that is it. Glad to see him go. What is with all that drama? Talk about ungraceful exit!

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3853117;
    Hopefully Paige will puff off a big song next week (Mariah Carey or Celine or Whitney) to keep her in the game.
    Next week is Rolling Stones theme week. And it has disaster written all over it for most of these people, IMO. I think I may need to buy some earplugs for the occasion...

Quote Originally Posted by KennyLuv;3853117;
    Hopefully Paige will puff off a big song next week (Mariah Carey or Celine or Whitney) to keep her in the game.
    Next week is the music of the Rolling Stones.

I think Lilly went home because she was thought to be safe and Didi and Lacey were in trouble. All three have similar singing styles.

Hate that Kaitlyn is out. I looked forward to her singing even if I was underwhelmed this week.

Really REALLY hate that Aaron moves on. He is painful to watch and listen too.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

FORT Fogey

OK - here are the Top 12 Finalists and where I think they find themselves at the moment.

Top Tier
    These folks are shooting for the Finale.
    • Crystal Bowersox - of course.
    • Casey James - Solid performances but he better have some more tricks up his sleeve 'cause I don't think I can take one more week of him sitting on a stool playing the guitar.
    • Michael Lynche - He's been getting really good.
    • Siobhan Magnus - Lovely voice and possibly more versatile than Crystal

Middle Tier
    These people are trying to make an impression and fight their way out of the middle.
    • Didi Benami - When she's on top like this week, she's very likable.
    • Andrew Garcia - If Andrew doesn't figure out why he isn't getting any traction soon, he'll fall out of this group.
    • Lee DeWyze - Lee needs to make move if he wants to be part of the finale. Or he could tread water in the middle and go out a #5 or #6.

Bottom Tier
    Danger Will Robinson! No hope for the finale and one false move and they could be gone.
    • Katie Stevens - she's in free fall.
    • Aaron Kelly - Ditto, but he he's got the teens voting.
    • Tim Urban - Another teen fave, but can't deliver the performances that Aaron can.
    • Lacey Brown - Good week, but one performance does not a resurgence make.
    • Paige Miles - Her fans have kept her safe - can she move up?

FORT Fan

Thanks for the correction VAgirl79 & Unklescott. Yes, Rolling Stones spells disaster for a lot of contestants. I wish we still had the 70s rocker guy who got cut the first week. I think Crystal, Shioban and Big Mike will pull it off next week. May be even Aaron Kelly. That little guy knows very well what he can do. For the rest, it is going to be a major challenge.

I love how they always tell the contestants to avoid being old-fashioned and to be contemporary, then they go and have Rolling Stones or Beatles or disco week or something.

Mullet/Summer Enthusiast AshleyPSU's Avatar

I like Alex's voice, but I wanted Andrew to stay. I really like his style.

I'm sooooooo pissed that Katie Stevens stayed over Lilly. Lilly is one of my favorites. I love Patsy Cline and I thought she rocked the song.
    Wake up and be awesome

+ Reply to Thread