+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Re: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3860942;
    They sure can't get much worse. Gawd.

Magnus, I'd take any of your suggestions over what they're doing tonight. But at least they aren't forcing the contestants to sing any of Miley's drivel...I think I'd have to skip tonight if so.
    Idol is officially "Jumping the Shark"

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3860942;
    They sure can't get much worse.

No, but they could continue the drivel for a few more weeks: Justin Beiber, Taylor Swift, Selena Gomez, any or all of the Jonas brothers . . . .

IBeacher - does that dog howl when the other Miley sings? I know I'd like to!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by fan*addict;3860951;
    Idol is officially "Jumping the Shark"
    I'm not sure if I am going to watch it tonite as I am so appalled! I also am getting tired of the job...... I like a few people, if they make it to final 5 or so, I might have more invested in it.... I'm just finding I don't care that much.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

OMG. Miley Cyrus!!
    Why am I not surprised.
    She has some movie coming out this week.
    I thought a mentor had to be someone you can learn from?
    What are they going to learn from Miley?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

A 17-year-old mentor is kinda weird. However...Miley, and for that matter the rest of the Disney gang, are very seasoned performers. I've seen Miley's Hannah Montana movies (I have little girls at home) and the kid is completely confident and accomplished onstage. My husband took our girls to see the Jonas Bros. and he said the same thing about them. Her music aside - and sure, it's nothing but bubblegummy pop, but this tween generation will remember it as fondly as we old folks remember David & Shaun Cassidy and their like - she's waaaaay more experienced a performer than the Idols. She also has what the Idols so dearly want - a successful career in the entertainment business. The fact that her dad also had a successful musical career in the past is actually a plus for her as a mentor, because she's had a good one. I don't love her or her music but she is a part of the current Billboard scene as well. So on several levels, it isn't as bizarre as one might think.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3861025;
    A 17-year-old mentor is kinda weird. However...Miley, and for that matter the rest of the Disney gang, are very seasoned performers. I've seen Miley's Hannah Montana movies (I have little girls at home) and the kid is completely confident and accomplished onstage. My husband took our girls to see the Jonas Bros. and he said the same thing about them. Her music aside - and sure, it's nothing but bubblegummy pop, but this tween generation will remember it as fondly as we old folks remember David & Shaun Cassidy and their like - she's waaaaay more experienced a performer than the Idols. She also has what the Idols so dearly want - a successful career in the entertainment business. The fact that her dad also had a successful musical career in the past is actually a plus for her as a mentor, because she's had a good one. I don't love her or her music but she is a part of the current Billboard scene as well. So on several levels, it isn't as bizarre as one might think.
    That's just what I was thinking.

Miley is a very young person (like the idols) who has had to deal with big success very early in life.
    Ain't Love Grand!

I also want to point out - the Cassidy boys, who I mentioned above, were also from a showbiz family - Shirley Jones was their stepmom and was Mama Partridge to David's Keith Partridge, so the Cyrus family nepotism is nothin' new.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane;3861028;
    I also want to point out - the Cassidy boys, who I mentioned above, were also from a showbiz family - Shirley Jones was their stepmom and was Mama Partridge to David's Keith Partridge, so the Cyrus family nepotism is nothin' new.
    But the Cassidy's were so much cooler?? lol! I guess you have to put it in perspective.....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

When all was said & done, Miley wasn't so bad after all.

I don't know about that razorbacker - I think that some of the problems in performance, both overdoing the vocals and adding too much cheese and corn to the mixture, were based on Miley telling them to do more.

+ Reply to Thread