+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Re: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Thanks for the article, Unklescott. (excuse me while I Thank you. I feel better...) I still can't see the girl mentoring, though. I think she's a bit full of herself, so I'm sure she thinks she can mentor the likes of Siobhan and Crystal (pardon me, Whew...must be something I ate...), but even her stage presence is ghastly. I saw her perform (ooops... ...Really, I just don't know why I'm so ) on DWTS and she was so tortured-looking and over the top, that I simply couldn't take her seriously.

I wish I could stay and talk, but I have to go shopping for some analgesics for tomorrow night.

Thanks!

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

LuvThisStuff . . . . . I think I have what you have. Must be something going around!
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

They should have at lest kept the teen theme if they were going to go on with this. But now it makes no sense whatsoever.
    Survivor - Christina | The Amazing Race - Dave/Rachel | American Idol - Hollie, DeAndre | Celebrity Apprentice - Aubrey | The Voice - Chris, Juliet

FORT Newbie

Miley wouldn't have even been chosen to audition for Idol and she is going to be the mentor? There is a dog that lives around the corner from me named Miley. That dog would be a better mentor. She barks in key!

I wish they would throw out all political correctness and let the remaining 11 burst out laughing when Miley offers up advice! Who's idea was this anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by IBeacher;3860471;
    Miley wouldn't have even been chosen to audition for Idol and she is going to be the mentor? There is a dog that lives around the corner from me named Miley. That dog would be a better mentor. She barks in key!

I wish they would throw out all political correctness and let the remaining 11 burst out laughing when Miley offers up advice! Who's idea was this anyway?
    If she would have shown up to audtions and sang, Simon would have been aghast! Unfrickenbelievable!

Can you imagine Crystal having to take advice from her? Or Siobhan?
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3860540;
    If she would have shown up to audtions and sang, Simon would have been aghast! Unfrickenbelievable!

Can you imagine Crystal having to take advice from her? Or Siobhan?
    I expect they'll just let her "advice" go in one ear and out the other.
    He was showing them contingencies when they showed him to the street - Harry Chapin

Miley Cyrus has a new movie to promote along with a song from that movie; therefore her publicist probably thought doing Idol would be synergistic. Her manager and image maker probably want her to be seen as an adult - thus the "mentor" role and not just a singing spot on Idol. That is my take, anyway.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Quote Originally Posted by Arielflies;3860924;
    Miley Cyrus has a new movie to promote along with a song from that movie; therefore her publicist probably thought doing Idol would be synergistic. Her manager and image maker probably want her to be seen as an adult - thus the "mentor" role and not just a singing spot on Idol. That is my take, anyway.
    i'll agree with that - setting her up to be respected more as an adult as she prepares to leave the hannah montana gig behind

also, while i do think the idea of miley cyrus as a musical mentor is laughable, she is very trained and practiced at performing and may have some tips to lend in that area. several of the contestants are still rigid and raw on the stage, and maybe she can help them loosen up.

i hope they get better mentors in the weeks to come.
    _(Moo!)

Quote Originally Posted by MamaAmyG;3860931;
    i hope they get better mentors in the weeks to come.
    They sure can't get much worse. Gawd.

Magnus, I'd take any of your suggestions over what they're doing tonight. But at least they aren't forcing the contestants to sing any of Miley's drivel...I think I'd have to skip tonight if so.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

+ Reply to Thread