+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: AI 9 Theme Weeks

No! No Eye of the Tiger please!!!

Choosing for my favorites only:

For Lee, my first choice would be Iris, although he does have the ability to duplicate the Joe Cocker growl, so Up Where We Belong is do-able.

I could see Crystal having fun with I'm Alright, but I can also hear her taking on Into The West.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3895329;
    Please, no "My Heart will go on"!!!!
    Amen. Also: no Over the Rainbow, please.

There are actually some decent songs there. Either of the Bryan Adams picks would suit Lee, I think...have to think about Crystal and Casey. I don't really care what Mike does, I'll end up changing the channel anyway.

And Jamie Foxx as mentor? Boo. Please don't make us suffer through his "singing" again.
    It was me. I let the dogs out.

Didn't last year we get a duet from the contestants(Adam and Allison & Kris and Danny). Also shouldn't they be singing two songs each now???

I'm not that crazy about any of those songs - with the CanCon radio regulations here, I can no longer bear to listen to any more Bryan Adams - but it might be fun to have Casey do I'm Alright. I guess because I'm picturing Kenny Loggins playing guitar in a style similar to Casey's. Plus, Caddyshack is one of the funniest movies ever.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by r2maybs;3895512;
    Didn't last year we get a duet from the contestants(Adam and Allison & Kris and Danny). Also shouldn't they be singing two songs each now???
    You are correct!..maybe we will get a duet & a solo thereby being two songs!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r2maybs;3895512;
    Good memory! And if you didn’t notice, there are a lot of duets in that list. However, they’re all male/female duets. Can you imagine Big Mike singing “Endless Love” with Lee or Casey?

IMO, the only guy/guy duet that would work would be “Mrs. Robinson.” Unless they were to use a song that a band did. I wonder if additional songs will surface, such as what happened a few weeks ago with Inspirational Week.

Boy, that song list is full of potential pitfalls. It’s full of songs that can go terribly wrong.

Speaking of duets:

American Idol | Facebook
    Crystal Bowersox: Duets!!!! Love it!!!! You guys will too I hope.

Wasn't Jamie Foxx one of the worst mentors ever when he did his stint last year?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3896751;
    Wasn't Jamie Foxx one of the worst mentors ever when he did his stint last year?
    I actually remember being pleasantly surprised. But my expectations were really low. Unfortunately I can't remember any specific reason why he was much better than I thought he'd be.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3896786;
    I actually remember being pleasantly surprised. But my expectations were really low. Unfortunately I can't remember any specific reason why he was much better than I thought he'd be.
    I don't remember the mentoring part being bad. I just remember thinking, "what the heck is this?" when he sang that hideous vocoder enhanced mess the following night!

+ Reply to Thread