+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 22 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Re: AI 9 Theme Weeks

No! No Eye of the Tiger please!!!

Choosing for my favorites only:

For Lee, my first choice would be Iris, although he does have the ability to duplicate the Joe Cocker growl, so Up Where We Belong is do-able.

I could see Crystal having fun with I'm Alright, but I can also hear her taking on Into The West.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

Quote Originally Posted by libgirl2;3895329;
    Please, no "My Heart will go on"!!!!
    Amen. Also: no Over the Rainbow, please.

There are actually some decent songs there. Either of the Bryan Adams picks would suit Lee, I think...have to think about Crystal and Casey. I don't really care what Mike does, I'll end up changing the channel anyway.

And Jamie Foxx as mentor? Boo. Please don't make us suffer through his "singing" again.
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Didn't last year we get a duet from the contestants(Adam and Allison & Kris and Danny). Also shouldn't they be singing two songs each now???

I'm not that crazy about any of those songs - with the CanCon radio regulations here, I can no longer bear to listen to any more Bryan Adams - but it might be fun to have Casey do I'm Alright. I guess because I'm picturing Kenny Loggins playing guitar in a style similar to Casey's. Plus, Caddyshack is one of the funniest movies ever.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by r2maybs;3895512;
    Didn't last year we get a duet from the contestants(Adam and Allison & Kris and Danny). Also shouldn't they be singing two songs each now???
    You are correct!..maybe we will get a duet & a solo thereby being two songs!

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by r2maybs;3895512;
    Good memory! And if you didn’t notice, there are a lot of duets in that list. However, they’re all male/female duets. Can you imagine Big Mike singing “Endless Love” with Lee or Casey?

IMO, the only guy/guy duet that would work would be “Mrs. Robinson.” Unless they were to use a song that a band did. I wonder if additional songs will surface, such as what happened a few weeks ago with Inspirational Week.

Boy, that song list is full of potential pitfalls. It’s full of songs that can go terribly wrong.

Speaking of duets:

American Idol | Facebook
    Crystal Bowersox: Duets!!!! Love it!!!! You guys will too I hope.

Wasn't Jamie Foxx one of the worst mentors ever when he did his stint last year?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by norealityhere;3896751;
    Wasn't Jamie Foxx one of the worst mentors ever when he did his stint last year?
    I actually remember being pleasantly surprised. But my expectations were really low. Unfortunately I can't remember any specific reason why he was much better than I thought he'd be.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by BuckeyeAddict;3896786;
    I actually remember being pleasantly surprised. But my expectations were really low. Unfortunately I can't remember any specific reason why he was much better than I thought he'd be.
    I don't remember the mentoring part being bad. I just remember thinking, "what the heck is this?" when he sang that hideous vocoder enhanced mess the following night!

+ Reply to Thread