+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Re: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Hey, anybody remember the first guy to ever wear his hair in a ponytail? Mark Lindsay was quite the teen idol during his time with Paul Revere. How bout Casey stepping into Kicks!

Apparantely while we all slept, the theme has been changed to Billboard #1 Hits.....

Quote Originally Posted by LuvThisStuf!;3858756;
    Some of those Monkees songs were really good (yes, I was in love with Davy Jones.....). They were written by some of the best song writers in the 60's.
    Hey, I was also in love with Davy Jones back in the day! You are right that there were some great songs they put out. Speaking of another old-school teen idol, didn't Bobby Sherman write a song or two that the Monkees recorded, and maybe even Neil Sedaka?

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3858869;
    Hey, anybody remember the first guy to ever wear his hair in a ponytail? Mark Lindsay was quite the teen idol during his time with Paul Revere. How bout Casey stepping into Kicks!
    Oh, yeah, I remember him. Casey James would indeed rock out doing "Kicks". (I could do without him dressing up in the Revolutionary War garb, though! ) Any young folks reading this, maybe you can Google it and find a photo. Pretty ridiculous...

Yes, I have read that they are no longer doing the Teen Idol theme, but it was still fun to talk about the teen idols of yesteryear.

FORT Fogey

Wonder why they've switched to something so generic. Are they having trouble finding mentors this year, or does that not start till later?

(Not that I really mind. I'd just as soon not hear Tim Urban attempt an Andrew Lloyd Webber tune or whatever theme/mentor they might come up with!)

Awww, too bad about Teen Idols. (Paul Revere and the Raiders! Yes, I had a huge crush on him too!) Maybe with the Billboard #1 hits they're trying to see how well the remaining idols know themselves and their genre, by their song choice?

Going back to Teen Idols - have they ever had Davy Jones as a mentor? If not, they should consider him. I don't think they introduce mentors until the top 10, though. And then, it's someone who wants to jump start their career, promote a new album or Las Vegas show.

They should have stuck with the teen idols theme. The new theme is way too broad!

Quote Originally Posted by kellyh;3858963;
    They should have stuck with the teen idols theme. The new theme is way too broad!
    I agree. It could conceivably the #1 from Country, Pop, Adult Contemporary, Jazz, R&B, Soul, Polka..etc.

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3858965;
    I agree. It could conceivably the #1 from Country, Pop, Adult Contemporary, Jazz, R&B, Soul, Polka..etc.
    Polka????? That would be fun.... "roll out the barrell".....
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

I would have liked the teen idols theme. That could have been lots of fun.

Is it then going to be current Billboard top hits, or can they be from whenever? Anybody know?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

FORT Fogey

Um - as far as I know it's still Teen Idols. There was a press release. The only evidence I've seen to suggest that the theme has switched is a possible web programing error. If you have more evidence, please share.

+ Reply to Thread