+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Re: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by waywyrd;3889486;
    Oh, joy. With just one song per contestant, that's a whole lot of filler. I sure would like some singing in my singing competition.

I can't say I was thrilled to hear it was Sinatra night, but Connick doing all the arranging is intriguing...
    I agree...he will bring an "updated" feel to the song, however, I enjoy the "creativity" that some of the artists bring to their choice. What made David Cook a "winner" was the way he would change the rhythm, the melody etc and make the song "new" again.

I remember when he sang "billy jean" I did not even recognize the song until he got to the chorus...way to change it up....

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3889449;
    Traditionally they start singing two songs at Top 5 (although they didn't last year). Any word on whether it's one song or two?
    My guess is that they went down to 1 song apiece last year because they had 4 judges. Not enough time to squeeze in 2 songs per contestant. What week was it in Season 7 when they decided to judge the finalists all at one time after everyone sang the first time? That was when Paula critiqued Castro's 2nd song before he performed it.

ETA: Found it. It was top 5 week. But they didn't have 4 judges yet, did they?

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3889488;
    Casey is my favorite, but this week will probably be his last. I can't see one song on that list that would be a good choice for Casey, so he is most likely to end up in the Bottom Two once again. I may just pass on watching AI next Tuesday and wait to hear who is eliminated on Wednesday.

This season really has not been holding my interest as much as some past seasons. I do think that the judges want Crystal and Lee to be the last two standing, though. After Casey is eliminated, I won't be watching anymore since none of the remaining singers interest me that much.
    Hang in there with me, Longhornfan!!! Keep the faith! Casey might just surprise you. His best reviews come when he does heart-felt ballads. I think he'd do a great job with "The Way You Look Tonight." I would absolutely melt if he did "I Only Have Eyes for You," as the Art Garfunkel version is one of my all-time favorite songs. Not sure if it's a good fit for Casey. The guitar needs to stay behind in his room next week though.
    Last edited by BuckeyeAddict; 04-29-2010 at 08:50 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Longhornfan;3889488;
    Casey is my favorite, but this week will probably be his last. I can't see one song on that list that would be a good choice for Casey, so he is most likely to end up in the Bottom Two once again. I may just pass on watching AI next Tuesday and wait to hear who is eliminated on Wednesday.

This season really has not been holding my interest as much as some past seasons. I do think that the judges want Crystal and Lee to be the last two standing, though. After Casey is eliminated, I won't be watching anymore since none of the remaining singers interest me that much.
    Eric Clapton and BB King do a killer Blues version of Come Rain or Come Shine, so I don't see this as something that's a deal-breaker for Casey.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

FORT Fogey

I think Casey could do a jazzy "Fly Me to the Moon" and hit a homerun. That's one of my favorites, and I could see him doing something that's a little different for him with that one - maybe lose the guitar. And his voice suits it.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Miss_Griss;3890127;
    Eric Clapton and BB King do a killer Blues version of Come Rain or Come Shine, so I don't see this as something that's a deal-breaker for Casey.
    Yeah, but the twist this week is that Harry Connick is doing the arrangements. Harry doesn't do Blues; he does the opposite of Blues: Jazz.

Last year Kris, Adam, and Matt came in to the competition with Jazz experience under their belt, and Danny and Allison had the good fortune to adapt to it really well.

This year I think we're in for a rougher ride. Mike may have some experience; Crystal may have the musical instincts to adapt. The rest (Lee, Casey, Aaron) are going to be fish out of water.

Well, I love Harry Connick Jr. and Sinatra, so I can't wait.
    If someone like Bono can sing Sinatra, these folks should be able to adapt, too.
    It's either going to be a massive train wreck or a smooth sail. Should be interesting.
    To Thine Own Self Be True

It's being reported that The Top 6 will not be allowed to play guitar next week as they tackle the Frank Sinatra songbook.

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3890317;
    This year I think we're in for a rougher ride. Mike may have some experience; Crystal may have the musical instincts to adapt. The rest (Lee Casey, Aaron) are going to be fish out of water.
    Doesn't Lee almost have to sing "My Kind of Town" ?

I immediately thought "The Lady is a Tramp" for Crystal ... but then I like that song.
    "The way to become boring is to say everything." Voltaire

" The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated. "
    Mohandas Gandhi

Urban Renewal - a new era BuckeyeAddict's Avatar

If you want to know what next week's (May 11) theme is, according to Jon Bon Jovi (and that's not a hint), it's in the Spoilers thread.

Does anybody know what the song choices are for tonight?
    To Thine Own Self Be True

+ Reply to Thread