+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Re: AI 9 Theme Weeks

Haer's an interesting twist to Sinatra week. I like it. Now none of the contestants can get blamed for the arrangement.

FOX FLASH - FOX PRIMETIME

On Tuesday, May 4 (8:00-9:00 PM ET live/PT tape-delayed), Harry Connick Jr. will appear as a guest mentor and help the Top 5 finalists – Crystal Bowersox, Lee DeWyze, Casey James, Aaron Kelly and Michael Lynche – prepare to sing the songs of music legend Frank Sinatra. Connick Jr. will be the first IDOL mentor to arrange the songs, write the orchestrations for the contestants and perform.
    The 50 songs they have to choose from:
    • * All or Nothing At All * All the Way * Anything Goes * As Time Goes By * Blue Moon * Blue Skies * Come Dance with Me * Come Fly With Me * Come Rain or Come Shine * Fly Me to The Moon (In Other Words) * I Get A Kick Out of You * I Love Paris * I Only Have Eyes For You * I’ve Got a Crush On You * I’ve Got the World on a String * I’ve Got You Under My Skin * In The Still of the Night * In The Wee Small Hours of the Morning * It Had to Be You * It Was a Very Good Year * Just One of Those Things * Love and Marriage * Love is Here to Stay * Love Walked In * My Funny Valentine * My Kind of Town * My Way * New York, New York (From “On the Town”) * Night and Day * One For My Baby * Pennies From Heaven * Put Your Dreams Away * Someone to Watch Over Me * Somethin’ Stupid * Strangers in the Night * Street of Dreams * Summer Wind * That’s All * That’s Life * The Best is Yet to Come * The Good Life * The Lady is a Tramp * The Way You Look Tonight * They Can’t Take that Away From Me * What Is This Thing Called Love * Witchcraft * You Do Something To Me * You Make Me Feel So Young * You’re Getting to Be a Habit with Me * Young at Heart

FORT Fan

Simon will blame them anyway because he never pays attention.

When I first heard this was the theme, I thought for sure Big Mike was going home. I was kind of bummed because I thought he would do well....I think this theme is right up his alley. It will be interesting to see how Casey and Crystal do with it.

I could see Crystal doing this.

Bette Midler - One For My Baby

FORT Fogey

Connick Jr. will be the first IDOL mentor to arrange the songs, write the orchestrations for the contestants and perform.
    Wow - for the first time in my memory, the contestants will no longer control the arrangement. That is a serious straight jacket. They will be forced to sing in the theme's style.

It's too bad Siobhan is gone; she would have thrived in that environment. It's going to be a real stretch for the R&B and Country artists remaining. They will all want to sing on the beat; the free jazz vocal that plays off the band's rhythm is foreign to them.

Harry Connick is no slouch and I'm sure he'll do a great job of arranging the songs to suite the performer's style.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3889443;
    Harry Connick is no slouch and I'm sure he'll do a great job of arranging the songs to suite the performer's style.
    Agree - Connick is a great arranger. That's a heck of a lot of work, though.

Traditionally they start singing two songs at Top 5 (although they didn't last year). Any word on whether it's one song or two?

I'm assuming it's one as the press release didn't mention it and I'm sure they would have.

Oh, joy. With just one song per contestant, that's a whole lot of filler. I sure would like some singing in my singing competition.

I can't say I was thrilled to hear it was Sinatra night, but Connick doing all the arranging is intriguing...
    Time you enjoy wasting was not wasted - John Lennon

Casey is my favorite, but this week will probably be his last. I can't see one song on that list that would be a good choice for Casey, so he is most likely to end up in the Bottom Two once again. I may just pass on watching AI next Tuesday and wait to hear who is eliminated on Wednesday.

This season really has not been holding my interest as much as some past seasons. I do think that the judges want Crystal and Lee to be the last two standing, though. After Casey is eliminated, I won't be watching anymore since none of the remaining singers interest me that much.

+ Reply to Thread