+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst 12345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 3/10 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/10 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Okay, Kara has gone the bad actress route and just totally lost credibility with me. (and she's been working on that all season - and I even liked her last season)

OMG, is Simon gonna cry too?

not a star, not an elf StarryElf's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3852322;
    (Kara crying almost brought it down for me though... Ick.)
    Kara was totally faking that cry, there were no tears, hey eyes were normal. She's just trying to be the nice one and suck up to Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3852324;
    Okay, Kara has gone the bad actress route and just totally lost credibility with me. (and she's been working on that all season - and I even liked her last season)

OMG, is Simon gonna cry too?
    And Kara made Big Mike's awesome performance ALL ABOUT HER. Blech.

Aaron needs to go away. And I'd add Alex too, but I think people might revolt (I seem to be the only one who hated that).

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

FORT Fogey

Wow, I just heard Alex in recap while doing something else and not watching the tv and didn't recognize and was thinking "Wow, that sounds great. Who is that?"

Aaron, though, was another story. Yikes.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by StarryElf;3852326;
    Kara was totally faking that cry, there were no tears, hey eyes were normal. She's just trying to be the nice one and suck up to Simon.
    Boy, this is a tough room, tonight.

Idol Fan

Ok, tonight's officially S T R A N G E for me. LOL...

Todrick, who I've been more than ready to send home, gave the best performance tonight, imo. Have to toss out the judges tonight...but it was really, truly the most impressive of the night.

Then, they go nuts over Big Mike when it was another, same-sounding old-fashioned Soul (R&B) number from him? Yes, I liked it, but please, take those horrendous, fake soprano notes away from him, because they destroy it! He could NOT sing soprano. The rest of it was truly Good. The best? I don't think so.

Weird night. And I still love Andrew & hope Casey sticks with staying comfortable and concentrating on vocals and heart - he has plenty of oomph and hate him doing rock. Ballads are his strong suit and loved his tonight - sounded really good.

Gonna feel guilty supporting Aaron, as much as I want him to stay, after his mess tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Unklescott;3852298;
    A very blah show tonight for me.
    Actually, I was thinking the opposite. Best night ever for the guys -- I have no clear-cut losers in mind. Hard to decide who needs to go home.

Tim doing "Hallelujah" and Todrick doing a Queen song were the biggest surprises for me. I thought both would cause all the neighborhood dogs to howl, and I ended up liking them both.

So who goes home?
    Last edited by TeacherLady; 03-10-2010 at 10:20 PM. Reason: typo

FORT Regular

Big Mike totally brought it tonight. For me everyone's performance kinda seemed the same up until Mike came out and did something totally different. Andrew was my top favorite going in, but I fear that he's just not ready for this competition.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3852331;
    Boy, this is a tough room, tonight.
    I agree...

Quote Originally Posted by TeacherLady;3852334;
    Actually, I was thinking the opposite. Best night ever for the guys -- I have no clear-cut losers in mind. Hard to decide who needs to go home.

Tim doing "Hallelujah" and Todrick doing a Queen song were the biggest surprises for me. I thought both would cause all the neighborhoos dogs to howl, and I ended up liking them both.

So who goes home?
    I am with you - I think this group of guys is head and shoulders above the girls. I don't know who will go home - based on tonight - I wouldn't send any of them home

BUT - I think they are right about Andrew - he peaked too soon. I kept waiting for him to be as good as he was when he sang Paula's song but he never got there. So I think he will go home. I also think Todrick is going home. He did well tonight but too little too late.

I loved Mike's performance but that is also one of my favorite songs ever. I could feel his emotion and it is so relevant to his life right now and I really felt that.

I loved Tim Urban too - hard to believe he is the same guy from two weeks ago.

I could name 4 girls last night that should go home and I don't think any of the guys should go home. I think once they are head to head - the guys are going to blow the girls out of the the water!

+ Reply to Thread