+ Reply to Thread
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213 LastLast

Thread: 3/10 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fogey

Re: 3/10 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by sdl;3852425;
    Let me add that there are some nice singers in this competition, but overall I think it is an off year.
    Plant any one of the following in this group: Kelly Clarkson, David Cook, Kris Allen, Carrie Underwood, Bo Bice, or Michael Johns - and the rest fade away completely.
    Not that I totally disagree with your assessment, but 4 of the people you named won their season so planting them in any season would probably produce a winner. Michael Johns went pretty early so apparently America didn't get him. I also read that he had a small venue tour planned and it was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales

FORT Fogey

Can we now say that Kara...for whatever reason...has gone over the top? I swore I saw her morph into Paula when she was teary and leaning into Simon.

Quote Originally Posted by liedenfrost;3852443;
    2. Lee Dewyze.

20. Sex On Fire-----Kings of Leon (A very popular rock song with unforgettable hook; it’s about a man in need; hopefully he can make the ladies melt; he’s already hooked Ellen).
    There's actually a video out on the internet where Lee has covered Sex on Fire and did very, very well with it. I'd love to see him perform it on the show.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by BerryCrazy;3852428;
    I definitely hope Tim goes home. The other is a toss between Alex and Casey, although a lot of people like them. Want to see those who I feel who can sing and have good voices stay. Todrick can sing, although he hasn't been a favorite of mine. Mike had that "Kelly Clarkson moment" tonight.

The ones to beat in this competition right now are Crytal and Mike.
    Exactly my sentiments. Both Crystal and Mike have so much more control over their voices than the rest, imo. Not even in the same league.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

I'm with you BerryCrazy. Tim needs to go . . . and he can take Aaron with him when he leaves.

I consider myself a HUGE Keith Urban fan and thought I would enjoy hearing Casey do one of his songs. I was wrong. Really, really wrong.

If I had to pick my Final Four today, it would be Crystal, Siobhan, Lee and Big Mike.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

FORT Regular

I'm just so bored with this group of boys this year. None seem to have "it". And I object to the statement that says give them a guitar and women swoon. Nonsense!! I swooned over Adam & Clay and they are both gay!! I listen to singers, don't need to see them to tell if they are good. This year it's the gals that are better singers and who I would listen to.....just saying.

FORT Fogey

I did love the comment that Simon offered about Aaron's song to shut down Kara. I have gotten so tired of these "act young" , "the song is too old for you" comments that they offer these teens. He was pretty rude when he cut her off. Now that I am thinking that may be the reason why she dissolved into tears on Mikes' song...because her feelings were hurt by Simon.

It is bad enough that the judges go on about not doing a Whitney song, or Mariah song etc, but now they have limited set limits on only doing "YOUNG" songs for teens.

sdl

Quote Originally Posted by ibot2much;3852501;
    Not that I totally disagree with your assessment, but 4 of the people you named won their season so planting them in any season would probably produce a winner. Michael Johns went pretty early so apparently America didn't get him. I also read that he had a small venue tour planned and it was cancelled due to lack of ticket sales
    I'm not arguing with you, and I'm sorry to hear about Michael Johns because I thought he was a great singer and a very nice guy, but.......
    My point was that the very first time I saw Kris Allen and David Cook and Carrie Underwood, the season was over for me. I definitely liked Bo Bice and Michael Johns and looked forward to their performances.
    I hate to put this in such a superficial way, but there are people on the stage this season who are good singers but exude absolutely no star power. A few are complete dorks and some fade into the wallpaper.
    There are a few exceptions. Big Mike brings it every week. Crystal seems kind of stoned but I love her performances. Sioban has a great voice.
    What I'm not seeing is anyone who will have a big future after AI, which makes it, I guess, like most seasons.
    But it is early and who really knows. I'm certainly no expert.
    p.s. The weirdest moment last night was when Kara broke down crying - over a song. And when did she start falling in love with Simon?

sdl

One more thing. The judges.
    I like them all for different reasons and now believe that replacing Paula with Ellen was a very smart move. Even Kara, minus the crying jag, seems more comfortable and on this year.
    But clearly Simon owns the show. We put up with Secrest's vanity, listen with some interest to Randy, Ellen, and Kara...but everyone wants to know what Simon is going to say. Very rarely does he miss the mark, and he can even be gracious when it is deserved. He carries the show.
    I can't imagine this franchise having anywhere near the same popularity when he is gone.

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;3852422;
    Mike was off the chain tonight. I loved his performance. I also liked Todrick too. Kara is emotional tonight. Maybe she is preggers.
    One of the radio stations here in Atlanta had one of their morning team in the audience last night and got a "backstage" report on the air this morning. (For anybody who cares, it's Q100 in Atlanta, morning show is "The Bert Show" and the team member out in L.A. is Jen Hobby)

ANYway, Jen got a chance to talk to Kara right after the show and apparently Kara is/has been trying to get pregnant since getting married last year and is having a tough time doing so and when Big Mike sang that particular song it just hit her like a ton of bricks. Jen says Kara was very emotional during her chat with her.

By the way, Jen also reported that she sat two seats away from Ellen's wife Portia de Rossi and that right before the show Ellen and Portia were very touchy-feely with each other and whispering in each other's ears a lot; that Simon's fiancee was a row in front of her and that she, Kara and Simon were all talking and laughing together. These seats were not actually visible to tv viewers, they were kind of behind a partition thing behind where the female idol contestants were sitting. Jen says the actual area where the contestants wait upstairs and then the stage area really are so much smaller than they look.
    I enjoy the escapism of reality television. Beats the heck out of worrying about your REAL life!!

+ Reply to Thread