+ Reply to Thread
Page 21 of 22 FirstFirst ... 111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

She sat on her amp. It looked like a habitual act to me that she either didn't think about, or was prompted to do because someone saw her do it earlier and thought it would be funny for her and Ryan to replicate it on TV.

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3851686;
    I agree with you.

My niece falls into the teenage, "my friends and I all vote a million times" crowd and none of them like Crystal. I think this will hurt her.
    Hi Cape! I was wondering who the young teens are voting for this season? I figured Katie for the girls and Casey for the guys? Please share your/their thoughts, cause I know they comprise a huge voting bloc!

Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by mindy384;3851904;
    Hi Cape! I was wondering who the young teens are voting for this season? I figured Katie for the girls and Casey for the guys? Please share your/their thoughts, cause I know they comprise a huge voting bloc!

Thanks
    I am sorry to report that the answer is Aaron Kelly - without even blinking an eye. Then I said - which girl and she said none of them. I asked about Katie and she said - yea she's okay. And Casey is alright but they all love Aaron.

My niece is your typical teen and loves music. She has actually competed in the American Idol Experience at Disney and won her show to make it to the finale where she lost to older singers (she is only 15) So she definitely is that audience that votes often for her favorite.

Although I have to say - halfway through last season she asked me who I thought was going to win and I said Chris - who she loved but thought I had lost my mind. I remember her calling me and asking how on earth I knew - that was pretty funny!
    Last edited by cape; 03-10-2010 at 12:24 PM.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by cape;3851913;
    I am sorry to report that the answer is Aaron Kelly - without even blinking an eye.
    Really? Not Tim (cuter) or Alex (better singer)?

Hmm... that probably means that it won't be possible for BOTH Tim and Alex to make it to the finals. No big loss for me if Tim is left behind, but I'd like to see how Alex develops.

My daughter is 16 and she is crazy for Casey.

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3851606;
    No - I think Katie is pretty useless - but she was pimped hard coming into the live shows and, for better or worse, she has fans that I don't think are quite ready to let her go.

Paige on the other hand has been living week to week. Now that she's done poorly, I don't think that there's anyone there to catch her.

Katie will probably make the top 10 due to the power of the texting and power voting by people at her high school. That usually always happens with the teens. They make it a long way. Remember John Stephens? Remember Carmen? Both of them had massive homefront support behind them. That can go a long way.

I honestly believe the reason we've not seen an idol from a city like LA or NYC has at least a little to do with homefront support. Jordan probably comes closest being from Phoenix, but she also got farther than she should have from the teen vote.

Let's remember that a teen on AT&T (and face it........since they have the iphone that is not far fetched to think most of them have AT&T) will sit and text vote for 2 hours. And you can get in a lot of text votes in during that time. I have AT&T. I don't power text, but I can easily get in 20 votes a minute by using forward. So my opinion is you should get used to Katie because she's here for awhile. Personally, I think she is talented but should have waited. She should have learned from Carmen and John and given herself 2 more years.

I find it funny that the judges were whining a couple of weeks ago that the girls were trying to sound like Duffy and Adele when they decided to put through at least 4 of those type singers. Didi, Crystal, Lilly, and Lacey all fit that bill. Katelyn is the cute Debbie Gibson type (or that's what they see). With Paige, I think they wanted a diva but didn't get it. Michelle was that, but i don't think America found her likable.

Basically I think we're going to get 3 Duffy's, 1 Debbie Gibson, 1 Quirky Girl, and 1 Teen.

My prediction of leaving is Lacey and Paige. I'm not sorry. I've never warmed up to either of them.
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

I wasn't able to watch for a couple of weeks, tuned in last night and am incredibly disappointed with the girls. The only one I would consider supporting is Crystal Bowersox. Overall, this is the weakest group I've ever seen. No wonder Cowell is bailing...and his critiques already sound like he doesn't care anymore.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Siobhan and Crystal were my favorites tonight. I don't know what the heck Simon was listening to when he trashed Siobhan's performance. (I wonder what is in his Coke cup.) She was fantastic! She made an old song sound new and interesting. On tonight's show, Simon will probably backpedal and say that he rewatched the performances and that Siobhan was better than he originally thought.

I am sick of these judges all trying to sound so wise, while saying the exact same thing again and again and again. They are too often completely non-helpful in their advice to the contestants. And Kara, enough already with the "Who are you as an artist?" drivel! She makes me want to scream!

Quote Originally Posted by mushybrain;3852007;
    Siobhan and Crystal were my favorites tonight. I don't know what the heck Simon was listening to when he trashed Siobhan's performance. (I wonder what is in his Coke cup.) She was fantastic! She made an old song sound new and interesting. On tonight's show, Simon will probably backpedal and say that he rewatched the performances and that Siobhan was better than he originally thought.

I am sick of these judges all trying to sound so wise, while saying the exact same thing again and again and again. They are too often completely non-helpful in their advice to the contestants. And Kara, enough already with the "Who are you as an artist?" drivel! She makes me want to scream!
    The real issue with Simon's comment to Siobhan was that he told her she didn't new anything new with the song....The whole damn thing was new...the man is a lunatic.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by razorbacker;3852015;
    The real issue with Simon's comment to Siobhan was that he told her she didn't new anything new with the song....The whole damn thing was new...the man is a lunatic.
    Lunatic...yea or Simon being Simon who is desperate for his pick to win. To do so, he has to make sure that anybody as good as or better than his choice gets knocked every week. Fortunately MOST of us have seen this before, but he still has his few stalwart Simon groupies who feel he is always right

+ Reply to Thread