+ Reply to Thread
Page 18 of 22 FirstFirst ... 8910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Simon said it's Crystal's to lose. IMO, that's the kiss of death!
    Saving one dog does not change the world, but it does change the world of that one dog.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3851661;
    In previous seasons when they've started the voting at top 24, did they have free pick of songs for weeks on end like they do this season? Seems like they have started "theme weeks" right off the bat. ... And I agree with other posts that Crystal hasn't really done much in terms of mixing it up - improving or changing things around, but this is her strength. She knows who she is, what she does well, and she always delivers.
    I've only watched semi-finals for the last two seasons. But I remember in Season 7 they did 60's, 70's, and 80's theme weeks for the semis, before breaking out the Beatles for the first weeks of finals. So, yeah, this is VERY unusual.

And about Crystal - I can see growth in her over the past weeks. She was very coffee house when she began, but she has really stepped up the confidence and swagger as the show goes on. She no longer performs like she's busking in subways.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3851556;
    Guess I don't really get all the Chrystal love by the judges. Not my particular style (too Janis Joplin,I guess) But Simon says she's the most improved? She obviously a confident singer but don't understand where she has improved.
    I'm in Crystal's and Lilly's courts in a big big way, but both will get old quickly. It will be interesting to see what happens in the Final 10 when they have to perform songs from different genres.

Quote Originally Posted by nutty1;3851663;
    I think Simon says things sometimes for the benefit of the other performers rather than the on at hand. I also think he does some sort of reverse psychology for the public's benefit sometimes.

Dollar-for-dollar, they - at least Simon - have their comments down to a science to ensure votes go in a way that they want.
    Last edited by Jexter; 03-09-2010 at 11:06 PM.

FORT Regular

You're right. The runner-up spot is littered with Simon's "it's yours to lose, or you're the one to beat...". Clay Aiken, David Aucherella (sp?) Adam Lambert --to name the ones I distinctly remember.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3851667;
    You're right. The runner-up spot is littered with Simon's "it's yours to lose, or you're the one to beat...". Clay Aiken, David Aucherella (sp?) Adam Lambert --to name the ones I distinctly remember.
    All those guys came in 2nd, and I wouldn't call beating everyone but one person "the kiss of death". Not to mention the fact that each has a great career going.

My issue is that by going public with a favorite so early (like they did last year with Adam and Danny) it colors everything they say for the whole season. I think it undermines credibility for some people.

FORT Fan

Simon did the pimp thing for Carrie and she turned out fine. Also coming in second place isn't a bad deal as well. Where's Ruben Studdard these days anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by marlap;3851624;
    Crystal was fantastic once again! LOVE this girl.

She seems confident to me, not arrogant at all.
    Honestly, I think she's trying to hide her teeth. I don't think she's stuck up or over confident either. I think maybe she's watched herself on tv and really seen how bad her teeth looked because she used to smile unaffectedly. Now she will start to smile and turn it back quickly into a closed mouth small smile. My husband remarked on this tonight and even said it could make people think she's smirking when she may be worried about how her teeth look. I really like her and wish her well. It will be interesting to see how she does come 'disco night' and some of the other theme nights.

FORT Newbie

I've read these boards and been a fan for years but don't think I've ever posted. However... being a huge Fleetwood Mac fan I cringe every time I see the song listed as "Rhianna". It's actually Rhiannon. Haven't seen it sung yet on the West Coast. I think it's coming up next.

I love Siobhan. She should do some Natalie Merchant.

I thought they started theme weeks in the Top 10. I may be wrong.

I agree with you.

Crystal has an image issue. I think she has a great voice - but her niche is small. My niece falls into the teenage, "my friends and I all vote a million times" crowd and none of them like Crystal. I think this will hurt her.

I also wonder why she sat down this week after her performance instead of standing up during the judges comments. DH said he thought she looked like her blood sugar had dropped.

I am not thrilled with this season at all - I have yet to pick up a phone to vote for any of the girls. Only voted for the guys the first week. But there is no one that I would be devastated if they got eliminated.

+ Reply to Thread