+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 22 FirstFirst ... 78910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Katie - She needed to tell us who she was and she didn't. She has no conviction.
    Siobhan - it was just okay for me. She seems to struggle with timing and finishing her phrases. The big notes save her performances.
    Lacey - it is just kind of blah. In these three weeks, she has never impressed me. It was okay.
    Katelyn - I felt like she really dropped the ball. Her styling was off and she looked uncomfortable singing and playing the piano at the same time. I didn't get a good sense of her style either.
    Didi - her voice was strained again. I think she was obviously overpraised.
    Paige - what a shame. She is the one girl who cannot ever make a mistake and she made a huge mistake. That was not the right way to sing that song.
    Crystal - she is good but I don't think anyone can argue that she is the best singer they have ever heard or that she is unique or current. That is why she doesn't excite me.
    Lilly - same ol' same ol'. She needs to change up the tempo or the sound of her songs. All of her performances blend in.

For tomorrow:
    Lee - he needs to stay in tune. I am shocked he has so many fans considering he has had major pitch problems two weeks in a row.
    Andrew - I think he will make it even if he messes up again. But he needs to hit it out of the park or else he will be written off for good.
    Aaron - he needs to appeal to country fans. Country fans can save him.
    Casey - he will make it. He is on thin ice though. His talent is in question so he needs to be really humble in his song choice and his delivery.
    Mike - He should stick with soul. Pop-rock does not suit him well.
    Alex - it is about performance order for him. He has this shy boy routine that makes people want to like him and that has helped. Personally, I don't like his personality and he'll never get my vote.
    Todrick - he is sometimes likable and sometimes not. I think he needs to be likable tomorrow and he should arrange songs anymore. He's got a good voice.
    Tim - his fate is out of his hands. I think it will be up to his "fans" to vote.
    FIERCE avatar by antm10wordpress!
    In your face TYRA!

This season is gonna boil down to Crystal Bowersox and Lilly Scott. And maybe Siobahn but I don't think people will tire of her screaming at some point.

I could care less which girl gets voted off Thursday, as long as Siobahn and Crystal make it through. Definitely top 2 girls at the end of the season.

The rest.......meh. Take your pick, they all need to go.

FORT Fan

I would be happy with either Siobah, Crystal or Lilly as my winner.

1. Crystal - Great performance. Like Simon said, this is hers to lose right now, unless Andrew can start stepping it up.
    2. Siobhan - I loved the beginning of this when she went acapella. She lost me a bit once the music got started though. But I still LOVED the beginning.
    3. Didi - Great vocal performance, but still a bit boring.
    4. Lacey - Actually liked this a lot. A bit out of tune at the end, but overall much better than before.
    5. Lilly - Is it just me or is she getting fatter every week? I like her phrasing and this was quite pleasant.
    6. Katelyn - Decent, but not great. I didn't really feel it.
    7. Katie - No, just no. Terrible, but still not as bad as...
    8. Paige - Thank god, she might finally be gone. I can't stand her. I don't think there was a single note in tune.

Quote Originally Posted by kittykat3006;3851644;
    I could care less which girl gets voted off Thursday, as long as Siobahn and Crystal make it through. Definitely top 2 girls at the end of the season.

The rest.......meh. Take your pick, they all need to go.
    ITA. Some of the rest I like more than others, but I absolutely LOVE Crystal! Her voice is amazing, and I love how she changes up the songs with her own spin. Very reminicent of David Cook and Adam Lambert. I really think she's the one to beat.

I also loved Siobhan. The a capella was incredible. That was her Wow moment, I think. You could hear a pin drop in the beginning. I liked the rest of it, but the beginning blew me away.

FORT Fogey

OK, here where I think they stand. They are in order of my guess as to their popularity. The letter grade is for tonight's singing.

1. Crystal Bowersox A
    Give Me One Reason” by Tracy Chapman
    Crystal is not even on the same show. Like Adam Lambert last year, she is just out there entertaining week after week. There is no competition. Can anyone stop her?

2. Siobhan Magnus A-
    House of the Rising Sun” by The Animals
    Once again the Irish lass surpises and entertains. From the a capella opening to power ballad finish - it was an original performance.

3. Katelyn Epperly C+
    I Feel the Earth Move” by Carole King
    Well sung but paint-by-numbers. Bad time to lose her mojo, but she's probably got enough fans to see her safely into finals.

4. Didi Benami B
    Rianna by Fleetwood Mac
    Didi is back! She gives us a coffee house Fleetwood Mac, and it's exactly what we have been hoping for. But is it too late? I hope not.

5. Lilly Scott C+
    I Fall to Pieces” by Patsy Cline
    The judges loved it. I thought it was big mess.

6. Katie Stevens C+
    Breakaway” by Kelly Clarkson
    A solid but less than inspiring offering from Katie. We needed to see that she could overcome some lackluster performances. Looks like it's not going to happen. She probably still has enough fans to make it to finals. But don't count on seeing her on tour.

7. Lacey Brown C+
    The Story” by Brandy Carlisle
    Better, but too little too late.

8. Paige Miles D
    Smile” by Charlie Chaplin
    Paige came in with no support from the producers and no fans. But she has sung reasonably well the past two weeks. Not tonight. A shakey performance of a questionable song choice is probably enough to do her in.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3851575;
    Lily was okay. A Patsy Cline song is SUPPOSED to be off-kilter.
    I've never thought that about Patsy Cline. And I didn't like anything about Lilly's version of this. Not sure how she got the pimp spot, other than the fact that Siobhan and Cristal have both had it already, so now they're just drawing names out of a hat.

Siobahn and Crystal need to be the final two on this whole damn show.
    I think they may be. But there are a couple of guys that have potential, so maybe we'll see some improvement tomorrow night. Let's hope so!

Great re-cap, TopCatDC. Totally agree. Can't wait to buy Crystal's CD.

What guys, I'm MEL? I can only think of Casey, and right now I can't even remember his last name. (sorry, that was harsh, but last week was underwhelming)

FORT Fogey

In previous seasons when they've started the voting at top 24, did they have free pick of songs for weeks on end like they do this season? Seems like they have started "theme weeks" right off the bat. (Or maybe last season was so darn good that it just made the previous ones a blur and I don't really remember how they started out!) If they were limited by song choice or steered in a certain direction, maybe that would force some to really pick something that fit them or change something to fit them. I don't know, it just seems like we're going nowhere fast. Siobhan and Crystal have stood out for three weeks now, and the rest seem to be getting further and further behind. And I agree with other posts that Crystal hasn't really done much in terms of mixing it up - improving or changing things around, but this is her strength. She knows who she is, what she does well, and she always delivers. Siobhan keeps my interest and has me looking forward to what she will pull out of a hat and serve on a silver platter (sorry to mix metaphors) next! She blows me away!

+ Reply to Thread