+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 22 FirstFirst ... 678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Quote Originally Posted by Quemoni;3851593;
    Katelyn was meh.

Didi was meh. I was surprised when I glanced from the stove. Paige? has never stood out to me. I was looking like who is she? Well, she just stood out...in a bad way.

Crystal...did well as expected but she could have given more imo. She's irking me in a I'm KNOW I'm GREAT over confidence arrogant kind of way. Be humble!

Lilly...rolled it out ease.
    Siobahn, Lacey and Lilly Scott have a better likeability factor to me than Crystal. That attitude Chrys is oozing may bite her in the arse.

She was my #1 pick before but I don't know about her anymore. She's talented no doubt BUT she is not blowing me away like I thought she would. I think she thinks she's got this competition in the bag but I see no growth from her.
    I think the girl is nervous. She has a kid to feed, is a street performer, is in ill health. She even said she is thinking about her son and making a good life about him. I don't see arrogance in her at all.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Regular

I think the final two should be Crystal and Lee.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3851589;
    You really think Lacey did worse than Katie? Really?
    No - I think Katie is pretty useless - but she was pimped hard coming into the live shows and, for better or worse, she has fans that I don't think are quite ready to let her go.

Paige on the other hand has been living week to week. Now that she's done poorly, I don't think that there's anyone there to catch her.

I wonder what the judges saw in Didi and Lily that I missed?

I'm a big Didi fan--given the right song ("Thank You" comes to mind)--but Rhianna totally did not work for me. I thought she sleepwalked through it.

Likewise, I think Lily has a quirky voice that can be interesting, but she butchered IFTP. Yet the judges thought she was good.

Siobhan, on the other hand, I loved. Is there a big enough audience for her type of music? In fact, what is her type of music. Love her voice, but can't figure out what kind of record she would make, to take a note from Kara's book.

Crystal--got to hand it to her, great job, and I think she could definitely sell records. Not sure how big a market there would be for her genre.

BTW, next week, they should be required to sing energetic, upbeat songs! All those energy-free performances are driving me nuts.

And maybe let's get rid of the instruments for one week, too, because in some cases, they really distract.

Siobahn was the best tonight. Yeah, Siobahn over Crystal. Mhhhmm.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3851606;
    No - I think Katie is pretty useless - but she was pimped hard coming into the live shows and, for better or worse, she has fans that I don't think are quite ready to let her go.

Paige on the other hand has been living week to week. Now that she's done poorly, I don't think that there's anyone there to catch her.
    That is very true. I am growing tired of the way this show is set up. I thought Paige performed on the same level as some of the other girls last night but she really has to be twice as good as the others to make it half as far.

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by scruffy;3851596;
    I think the final two should be Crystal and Lee.
    Doesn't have to be a guy and gal does it? We had Fantasia and Dianna!!(oh why did I have to remember that??)

FORT Regular

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3851619;
    Doesn't have to be a guy and gal does it? We had Fantasia and Dianna!!(oh why did I have to remember that??)
    No, doesn't have to be a guy and a girl . . . I just think Lee and Crystal would be make for a great night of music.

FORT Fogey

I don't know if we can ever have a girl vs. girl final 2 again. The mostly female audience hasn't been really excited about two women in one season in a long time. Siobhan and Crystal seem to be popular now but the finale is a long way away and a lot of people still like Andrew and Lee.

Crystal was fantastic once again! LOVE this girl.

She seems confident to me, not arrogant at all.
    Ain't Love Grand!

+ Reply to Thread