+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 22 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 LastLast

Thread: 3/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Re: 3/9 Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Wow..Crystal was hands down my favorite so far of the night. She took on a song of a huge artist, and it sounded excellent.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

FORT Regular

Guess I don't really get all the Chrystal love by the judges. Not my particular style (too Janis Joplin,I guess) But Simon says she's the most improved? She obviously a confident singer but don't understand where she has improved.

Idol Fan

When it comes to Katelyn, I hope everyone remembers her far better performances.

Paige was indeed a train wreck.

Didi did a decent job - though making it so sleepy wasn't my favorite way to go. Good voice. Blah. Better than before.

Crystal was fantastic, no question, and I love her; but for me, Siobhan was unquestionably the best of the night!

And though Lacey gave us her best performance yet, I have not come to like her.

Quote Originally Posted by WinkyD;3851545;
    Crystal is it. Case closed.
    Crystal will be in the TOP 2, Simon, not just Top 12.

The question remaining is: Which male will be her runner-up?
    Totally agree.
    "Success is falling nine times and getting up ten." - Jon Bon Jovi

Quote Originally Posted by Krom;3851547;
    Meanwhile on the other end of the spectrum, we have Crystal. Totally different kind of song, of course, so its apples to oranges. But even beyond interpreting a song, what we're seeing from Crystal which Paige has zero of is stage presence. You control the crowd, not the other way around. Crystal (and Siobahn) control the crowd. People like Paige, Katelyn, Katie, etc. don't.
    That is the difference between karoke and not karoke. I love that song by Tracy Chapmen and Crystal did a pretty straight rendition of it. She didn't bring a single thing new to it that I could see. But it doesn't "feel" karoke because she has the stage presence to pull it off.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

Quote Originally Posted by AsIs;3851546;
    I love Crystal. Loved her version of the song. Buuuuuuuuut, she really didn't bring anything new to the song. It didn't feel karoke, but it was.
    I didn't think so at all, sung with such feeling.... everything just frickin' fit! I sat there amazed. It was just professional, genuine and sung pretty darn good. This girl is no poseur. Wonder if she is still ill as she sat down right after?

And Simon gives her "its yours to lose". I think as long as we don't stick the poor girl with Salsa night we might have one of our top 4 at least.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

FORT Fogey

Show is going to run slightly long. Set your DVR's accordingly.

FORT Fogey

That song was def. not Janis, though I do think Crystal could do justice to "Ball and Chain". Here's the thing with Crystal: She moves people. That is no small feat. Her audience, competitors, and judges were all groovin' to her voice.
    Last edited by WinkyD; 03-09-2010 at 08:59 PM.

FORT Fogey

Lily Scott sings I Fall To Pieces.

And for the first time Lily is sliding all over the pitch. Don't like this take on the song. She is much better than this mess.

Randy: I like you - well done.
    Ellen: Love the originality.
    Kara: Made Patsy Cline feel current.
    Simon: Very brave choice. Didn't have any wow. Quirky.

Quote Originally Posted by rocketter;3851556;
    Guess I don't really get all the Chrystal love by the judges. Not my particular style (too Janis Joplin,I guess) But Simon says she's the most improved? She obviously a confident singer but don't understand where she has improved.
    she didn't need improvement, she has it already.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

+ Reply to Thread