+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: 3/4 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

FORT Fan

Re: 3/4 Results Show Discussion *Spoilers*

Oh no! I have to listen to Alex Lambert recite poetry one more week? Of course, Alex thinks that he is singing. Don't understand how he even made to the Hollywood round.

Fast forwarded through the whole show 'cept when Danny sang.
    He was awesome!

Not surprised with who left.

Only watched the last 5 mnutes, to see who got eliminated. Was a little surprised that lacey didn't go.

Well my wish came true. Michelle went over Didi. I really wanted Didi to stay another week even at the expense of Michelle. I really didn't think Michelle would survive anyway because her rendition of Arms Wide Open wasn't really good. I expected Lacey and Haley (thank goodness) to go so Lacey was a surprise for staying another week. It has something to do with exposure. She had more exposure than Michelle. Paige didn't get any exposure, and in fact, the least of the girls. She somehow manage to survive and I think her voice is carrying her through. I think she remind people of Kimberley Locke.

Jermaine's and John's departure, I expected but I wish it were Tim and Tim because his first performance was so bad that he couldn't recuperate from that for me. He can't sing..period.

Quote Originally Posted by I'm MEL;3848087;
    I totally agree with all of that. They did Haeley a disservice.
    And Angela Martin too.

I think during the elimination night, the eliminated contestant should be allowed to sing the song that wowed the judges to put them in the top 24 to remind the viewers why he or she got there in the first place. They shouldn't be singing their losing song which gives viewers the misconception that they are bad singers and wonder how they got through.

FORT Fanatic

I couldn't agree more about what they did to that poor kid by putting her through past Hollywood week. She sounded worse reprising her song because she was half in tears, again pointing out that she is just too young and inexperienced for the brutality of show business.

And Didi was PARALYZED with hurt and humiliation after her judges' session. She COULD NOT SPEAK...I can't imagine what her farewell performance would've sounded like. Btw..anyone notice how the camera kept returning to he while Michelle was having her last few minutes? Even she knew ( as did the live audience), that her remaining in the competition was a TRAVESTY.
    If her performance quality stays the same, she will become this yr's Sanjaya, this year's John Michael whatshisname... Keeping the audience aghast at being kept week as other superior singers are eliminated.

Two words---ANGELA MARTIN---BRING HER BACK, if there is a wildcard. Everyone wins---the show gets another "rollercoaster ride story" to juice things up, we get a fantastic singer, and Angela gets the opportunity she so deserves.

Quote Originally Posted by RealVoyeur;3848082;
    Aw I feel so bad for Haely. She sure can't sing but she seems like such a sweet young kid. It makes me angry at the judges for putting her through to the top 24 in the first place when they knew how poor her singing was. Haely sounded just as bad in her audition song as she did in her final performance. During the Hollywood round I remember seeing Kara happily swaying and saying "I love her" during one of Haely's dreadful performances, and it took up until this week for Kara to tell her that she should have waited another year or 2 to get more experience??? SO why did she put her through in the first place? That should have been Angela Martin instead. :/
    As Randy would say, I agree with this a million percent! Now she can't even come back to try again, they SCREWED her. and Angela Martin. This year judges>>>>>top 24 FAIL!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by NYCJUDE;3848292;

And Didi was PARALYZED with hurt and humiliation after her judges' session. She COULD NOT SPEAK...I can't imagine what her farewell performance would've sounded like. Btw..anyone notice how the camera kept returning to he while Michelle was having her last few minutes? Even she knew ( as did the live audience), that her remaining in the competition was a TRAVESTY.

Two words---ANGELA MARTIN---BRING HER BACK, if there is a wildcard. Everyone wins---the show gets another "rollercoaster ride story" to juice things up, we get a fantastic singer, and Angela gets the opportunity she so deserves.
    How can you say it was a travesty if that is how the voting went? I think sometimes when the judges are really brutal with a contestant, America deliberately over rides their comments and I think that happened with Didi. Sort of like Simon saying "we made a mistake in bringing you back" to Tim...
    America apparently didn't think so.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I can't believe we have to put up with another week of Tim Urban.
    Honestly, I don't like anything about him.
    Anyways, I totally agree that Angela Martin should have been put in the Top 24 instead of Haeley.
    Haeley should have tried again next year, after a year of intense training. Now she can never come back.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Not surprised at all. I was kind of hoping that Todrick would have left instead of John, but we can't always get what we want.

I thought Danny did a great job with his song.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread