+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 27 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617181920 ... LastLast

Thread: 3/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

Re: 3/2 Show Discussion Thread **Spoilers**

I wish we could send a message to Kara by voting AGAINST poor wittle Awex. But sadly the show isn't set up that way, so Kara can't be told how idiotic and insulting that comment of hers was.

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

Todrick sings yet another female song.
    I can't stand this guy.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by TopCatDC;3845665;
    Casey James has never watched Idol. And he doesn't own a TV. He sings I Don't Want to Be and plays electric guitar.

Hey, pretty hot guitar playing! Another solid vocal. And I still don't think he's all that cute, but he does come across really well on camera. Only niggling problem is that I don't think he is physically comfortable on stage. He has hidden it so far with the stool and the guitar.

Randy: Love the chanelling of Hendrix; this is the kind of records I would make with you.
    Ellen: Sounded great; love the guitar. But need more movement.
    Kara: You took two steps backward. Everything was off.
    Simon: Agree with Kara. Last week you were distinctive; this week you sounded like anyone in a bar trying to be a rock star.

I think you're right about that. He comes across to me like a little kid all excited about being on stage and wanting everyone to like him. He doesn't connect with the music enough because he's over-connecting with his audience! But he's good, and I like him - I just think he could do better.

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3845745;
    I am a minority here, but I like Alex! He has a lot of potential! Mullet or no mullet!
    I kind of liked him too. I saw more of a connect with the song then some of the others, I just kind of sat up and said not the best vocals but I am feeling this..... we might have our darkhorse in this one.
    "To err is human, to arr is a pirate"

Idol Fan

I am amazed that Big Mike was so much better! He did a terrific job, but what really gets me is that he suddenly was singing with a beautiful tone and sounded really, really good and lost the raspiness. A really wonderful job!

I agreed with the judges on John Parks - he definitely has potential and a very good voice, but it was ho-hum. Figure I'll wait and see how good and bad the rest of them do. He could be worth another chance, but if he gets it, I hope he lives up to it.

On Casey James, who I loved last week and still like, I have to completely agree with Kara & Simon. I thought exactly the same. Wonderful guitar playing, so-so vocals, loved last week's performance far more. Still, he's terrific, in and of himself. Still, I hope he goes back to working to outdo himself on last week's type of performance.

Hibernating

Quote Originally Posted by MiniDiva;3845745;
    I am a minority here, but I like Alex! He has a lot of potential! Mullet or no mullet!
    I agree...I think he has a very nice voice.

Big Mike, John, Alex - much improved over last week.

Casey - so different if would be like comparing apples to oranges, but still -- I think he's "got it".

FORT Fogey

Alex was my favorite so far tonight - that song I would buy.

FORT Fogey

Todrick Hall is going to change up a Tina Turner song, but not as much as he changed the Kelly Clarkson song. What song? What's Love Got to Do With It. Which gets the R&B ballad treatment.

And another big improvement over last week. But the major criticism from last week still stands - he is "performing" like crazy rather than connecting with the lyric. But good singing.

Randy: A great song doesn't need a big wild arrangement. Just sing it.
    Ellen: Don't be afraid to move. But that song won't help.
    Kara: We all like you. When you started moving it got better. Where did the simple Todrick go?
    Simon: Yes, move - but don't sing. It was theme park. Corny. No relevance.
    Last edited by TopCatDC; 03-02-2010 at 09:59 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bellenote;3845761;
    On Casey James, who I loved last week and still like, I have to completely agree with Kara & Simon. I thought exactly the same. Wonderful guitar playing, so-so vocals, loved last week's performance far more. Still, he's terrific, in and of himself. Still, I hope he goes back to working to outdo himself on last week's type of performance.
    Very well put.

+ Reply to Thread